iPhone 7 owners complain about issues with BMW Bluetooth support, Verizon LTE connections

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 49
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    BMW needs to update the software. I got that many times before with my E90.
  • Reply 42 of 49
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    bill42 said:
    Lots of jealous haters. I'm surprised. No-compromise consumers who are willing to pay for the best experience often find themselves in a BMW just as they find themselves owning Apple products. Steve Jobs used the analogy frequently and for good reason. This is not a big problem and I bet a lot of other car brands probably have the same issue, but their owners don't even know how to listen to music through their car via bluetooth or they haven't gotten iPhone 7's yet.
    iphone 7 day 1, and 0 issues in a subaru. 
  • Reply 43 of 49
    sog35 said:
    sshravan said:
    Its an issue specific to the iPhone7. How can I be sure? I had both my 6 and 6s Plus updated to iphone10 and had no bluetooth issues whatsoever. Got the iphone7 first and my wife's BMW went ape sht.. The main console would reboot while driving, connections would drop, but 10.0.2 fixed a little but not all the way through. Now I have the 7 plus and same thing in my 3 series. Its the phone not the OS.
    sounds like a BMW problem to me

ultimate driving machine but definitely not the ultimate technology machine
    So it's able to connect to every other Bluetooth device in the world except for the iPhone 7, and it's their fault? Please 
    we can re-wrap that in non-troll phrasing -- so the iphone 7 is able to connect to every other auto maker except BMW, and its apple's fault? please. 
    edited September 2016
  • Reply 44 of 49
    docrock said:
    People are funny BMW doesn't make Bluetooth Chips or Stereos for that matter. Like every manufacturer they buy OEM. Blaming the Automaker is childish and short sighted. When it's thought all the way through it will be an issue with Argenox, ST Micro or one of the other vendors in the BT SIG. 

Apple just put new BT and BTLE chips in the new line up possible it's the W1 or simply a software fix. Relax. It's all new and will be resolved soon 

Paradroid said:
    The iPhone 7 is a glitch fest at the moment:

- terrible battery life
    - missing home screen icons
    - onscreen camera button not working
    - Bluetooth and lightning headphone bugs

Probably the worst new iPhone experience I've had. OS updates needed urgently especially for the battery problems. Mine gets nowhere near the specs or the review benchmarks. Struggle to get more than 1.5 - 2 hours usage in a day. Have seen the iPhone 6 do 4-6. 
    GTFO of here you phony astroturfing shill. you don't even lift, bro
  • Reply 45 of 49
    docrock said:
    People are funny BMW doesn't make Bluetooth Chips or Stereos for that matter. Like every manufacturer they buy OEM. Blaming the Automaker is childish and short sighted. When it's thought all the way through it will be an issue with Argenox, ST Micro or one of the other vendors in the BT SIG. 

Apple just put new BT and BTLE chips in the new line up possible it's the W1 or simply a software fix. Relax. It's all new and will be resolved soon 
    you have no idea what you're talking about. there is no W1 chip in the iphone 7. 
  • Reply 46 of 49

gatorguy said:
    lkrupp said:
    docrock said:

The point is not to relax. The point is to blow this up into the biggest -gate possible. 9TO5MAC is actually tying this to the removal of the headphone jack. If only the headphone jack were still there these people would be okay because they could use their aux inputs. Evil Apple! says 9TO5MAC.
    Don't think they implied Apple was evil did they? Instead they were opining that in past years bluetooth issues wouldn't get that much attention since folks could just use the headphone jack to pair to their car audio. This time it's a bit more of a problem if bluetooth is a little wonky.

9to5: "Normally a situation like this wouldn’t garner much attention as users had an alternative option to playing through music to their car: the headphone jack. Now that Apple has pushed for a wireless future in the iPhone 7, issues with Bluetooth connectivity will become a significantly higher pain point as it is expected to be the default option."
    absurd nonsense. why on earth can't people with BT plug into their BMW's USB port? that still works as normal right. and there's also nothing stopping them from using a 3.5mm adapter (if i were to use that port in a BMW over the usb port i'd need the analog cable anyway, so no foul). 

so, to claim there are now no more options is nonsense. 
    edited September 2016
  • Reply 47 of 49
    charlesncharlesn Posts: 839member
    Hey AppleInsider: you may want to revisit the iPhone 7/LTE issue as a bigger story as the problem is pretty well documented and widespread, and much more than an inconvenience. Here in NYC, my 6s was problem-free locking onto Verizon LTE connections, but now I regularly find myself showing 3G and 1x connections, useless for the screening of video content that's essential to my business. So I have the fastest iPhone ever, by far, performing like an iPhone 3G.
  • Reply 48 of 49
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,337member
    Most people driving BMWs are pretty broke. Better sell it and buy something that works.
    Yup . . . totally busted here in my 3-week old, $80k 2017 BMX X5 and 1-week old iPhone 7 . . . =) I had no problems pairing my iPhone 6S and using Car Play, but have had difficulty pairing the iPhone 7 I picked up last week. Hope a fix is coming soon!!
    Wow...really? That little BMW joke brought the insecurity right out!  Hahaha  You were so excited to fire back and say how much it cost that you typed BMX instead of BMW.

Anyway I don't have carplay in my vehicle, but my other bluetooth devices that I use in the house regularly are not acting right. Sound stops even though my iphone 7 plus is connected and was playing fine, as well as frequent stuttering audio.  I hope this is just a software thing...