FBI investigation of Minn. mall mass stabbing may rekindle iPhone encryption debate

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    volcanvolcan Posts: 1,799member
    Why couldn't he be taken down by means other than deadly force?  
    Who the hell cares about a criminal with a weapon?  The world is already overpopulated. The last thing we need is more incarcerated losers that taxpayers need to pay for.  Feed them to the sharks.

Here's a clue: Don't want to be killed by police, don't commit crimes.
    edited October 2016 razorpit
  • Reply 22 of 30
    blitz1blitz1 Posts: 438member
    What about not shooting to kill, but incapacitating the suspect like we do in Europe and other civilised countries? That way you can interrogate someone and not making assumptions about someone being a terrorist. I am always surprised with how trigger happy USA police officers are without actually using that grey matter.
    Shoot the guy in the knees, or maybe he could have just shot the knife out of the guys hand, right?

The USA is a civilized country, the USA police officers are not trigger happy, and you don't appear to have the first clue what you're talking about.
    Well, I guess all the reports of police killing another guy - unarmed and black preferably - are just plain lies.
  • Reply 23 of 30
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    volcan said:
    Why couldn't he be taken down by means other than deadly force?  
    Who the hell cares about a criminal with a weapon?  The world is already overpopulated. The last thing we need is more incarcerated losers that taxpayers need to pay for.  Feed them to the sharks.

Here's a clue: Don't want to be killed by police, don't commit crimes.
    Here's a clue back: Don't be a nonwhite woodcarver walking across the street:

http://www.npr.org/2016/10/07/496867205/years-after-police-shooting-woodcarvers-brother-remembers-the-man-he-lost

I posted this same link earlier in the thread.
    edited October 2016
  • Reply 24 of 30
    volcanvolcan Posts: 1,799member
    Accidents happen. One out of millions. No question there are some idiots in law enforcement.

My argument is that if you are black or Latino you might be profiled so you need to be proactive about that and go to extordinary efforts to avoid confrontation with police. Sure it is not fair but you have to live with your cultural reputation. Tattooing your neck or face is certainly legal but not very smart. Could get you killed.

• Reply 25 of 30
    We should be having a serious discussion about sharp-object control policy and legislation - not worrying about Social Media habits.
    So this is the future you’d choose, huh?

• Reply 26 of 30
    What about not shooting to kill, but incapacitating
    You know nothing about how to operate in these situations.
    Europe and other civilised countries? 

Shall I post the British officer beheading and the rape gangs on the Continent, or can we just recognize you’re wrong and move on?

edited October 2016
  • Reply 27 of 30
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Reply 28 of 30
    dklebedev said:
    What's wrong with that?
    Fifth amendment.
  • Reply 29 of 30
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    We should be having a serious discussion about sharp-object control policy and legislation - not worrying about Social Media habits.
    So this is the future you’d choose, huh?

One better, I was in NY a few years ago visiting family. My father in-law and I went grocery shopping and I left my wallet at the house. The clerk wasn't able to hand me the baby food which was behind a locked cabinet without proper ID. Apparently crack dealers have been cutting in baby food with their "product."

Yet its "racist" to provide an ID when you vote...
    tallest skil
  • Reply 30 of 30
    razor pit said:
    Apparently crack dealers have been cutting in baby food with their "product."

razorpit