OWC announces Thunderbolt 3 Dock with ports galore, returns functionality to new MacBook Pro

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 103
    "Thunderbolt 3 Dock connects to a host Mac via an included 0.5-meter Thunderbolt cable" So much for using it with a 12" MacBook or new MacBook Pro, neither of which even have a Thunderbolt port...

I don't know about the 12" MacBook, but the MacBook Pro has FOUR Thunderbolt ports. That's the beauty of the new design -- every one of those ports is a combo TB3/USB 31. Gen2.
    It may handle Thunderbolt, but it doesn't use a Thunderbolt cable, which is what I was referring to. 
  • Reply 102 of 103
    "Thunderbolt 3 Dock connects to a host Mac via an included 0.5-meter Thunderbolt cable" So much for using it with a 12" MacBook or new MacBook Pro, neither of which even have a Thunderbolt port...

I don't know about the 12" MacBook, but the MacBook Pro has FOUR Thunderbolt ports. That's the beauty of the new design -- every one of those ports is a combo TB3/USB 31. Gen2.
    It may handle Thunderbolt, but it doesn't use a Thunderbolt cable, which is what I was referring to. 

It does use a Thunderbolt cable. If you plug in a USB cable into a port on the MacBook Pro you get a USB connection. If you plug in a Thunderbolt cable you get a Thunderbolt connection.

Cool, huh?
    edited November 2016 roundaboutnow