After deriding Apple as too slow, China's LeEco hits cash crunch, halts stock trading

Comments

• Reply 21 of 58
    apple ][ said:
    slurpy said:

Do you have to spout your misguided political trash in EVERY thread? Nobody cares what you think of liberals. What a tiresome troll, just like sog. You two should ride off into the sunset. 
    I'm no troll, and even though I don't agree with SOG on some issues, I wouldn't say that he is either.

We are voices of dissent and we sometimes offer a contrarian viewpoint on certain issues.

Apple is all about diversity, is it not?

Does that not apply to a diversity of opinions also, or would you prefer to live in a dictatorship, where people like SOG and myself would be thrown in a cold jail cell, for refusing to follow the groupthink, liberal herd mentality, where only accepted opinions are allowed? You don't have to answer that last question. :#
    You are right on all counts. Diversity in thought is what makes the world turn. I enjoy different opinions, if my argument can't stand up to the counter argument, that only means my view is lacking. And that gives me new knowledge to build on.

We can all use a little self reflection. I have much to learn, and appreciate others mindshare?

Macsplosionapple ][gatorguy
  • Reply 22 of 58
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    apple ][ said:

I love my SE.
    If you mean the phone, then I agree.

I've been using mine since it first came out, and I think that it's great. :#
    If he means a MacPlus variant then I'd agree too, I still have a working Mac SE FDHD :)
    lightknight
  • Reply 23 of 58
    Referencing his picture: take the knot in your hand, pull it around behind you, put it over the nearest doorknob, sit on floor. One less douchebag. 
  • Reply 24 of 58
    levilevi Posts: 344member
    apple ][ said:
    Haha! I hadn't heard about this douchebag before.

Comparing Apple to Nazis? What is he a liberal or something? :#

Anyway, I am glad that their stock is crashing and had to be halted.

Hopefully, it will be reopened soon, so that it can continue to dive.
    I'm a liberal and Apple shareholder. I suspect there are many of us.
    baconstang
  • Reply 25 of 58
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    levi said:
    Of course there are.

I'm not a liberal and Apple shareholder. There are also many of us.

Apple has sold how many phones now? Over a billion?

To be honest, Apple fans come in all shapes, stripes and sizes. I have always been claiming that.
    netmage
  • Reply 26 of 58
    apple ][ said:
    levi said:
    Of course there are.

I'm not a liberal and Apple shareholder. There are also many of us.

Apple has sold how many phones now? Over a billion?

To be honest, Apple fans come in all shapes, stripes and sizes. I have always been claiming that.
    I know you like to say you are not a liberal. But, if you select out the political 'negative connotation' that you enthusiastically hold, all other definitions of, liberal, must most certainly describe a person of your stature.

I pulled this up, other that last bullet #2, doesn't this multi definition describe you and most all of us? just curious.

liberal1

adjective 

1. favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs. 
    2. (often initial capital letter) noting or pertaining to a political party advocating measures of progressive political reform. 
    3. of, pertaining to, based on, or advocating liberalism, especially the freedom of the individual and governmental guarantees of individual rights and liberties. 
    4. favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, especially as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties. 
    5. favoring or permitting freedom of action, especially with respect to matters of personal belief or expression: a liberal policy toward dissident artists and writers.
    6. of or pertaining to representational forms of government rather than aristocracies and monarchies. 
    7. free from prejudice or bigotry; tolerant: a liberal attitude toward foreigners.
    8. open-minded or tolerant, especially free of or not bound by traditional or conventional ideas, values, etc. 
    9. characterized by generosity and willingness to give in large amounts: a liberal donor.
    10. given freely or abundantly; generous: a liberal donation.
    11. not strict or rigorous; free; not literal: a liberal interpretation of a rule.
    12. of, pertaining to, or based on the liberal arts
    13. of, pertaining to, or befitting a freeman. 
    1. a person of liberal principles or views, especially in politics or religion. 
    2. (often initial capital letter) a member of a liberal party in politics, especially of the Liberal party in Great Britain. 

• Reply 27 of 58
    boltsfan17boltsfan17 Posts: 2,294member
    So is the Vizio sale still expected to go through?

The deal hasn't closed so if they are in a cash crunch, it might not go through. 
  • Reply 28 of 58
    tzeshantzeshan Posts: 2,351member
    LeEco will be like Pebble. It is being squeezed by Huawei.
  • Reply 29 of 58
    "We know you enjoy listening, so we redefined sound."
    Their website is like a parody spoof - by comedy writers warming up for Aprils fools.
    baconstang
  • Reply 30 of 58
    I know you like to say you are not a liberal. But, if you select out the political 'negative connotation' that you enthusiastically hold, all other definitions of, liberal, must most certainly describe a person of your stature.

I pulled this up, other that last bullet #2, doesn't this multi definition describe you and most all of us? just curious.

liberal1

adjective 

1. favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs. 
    2. (often initial capital letter) noting or pertaining to a political party advocating measures of progressive political reform. 
    3. of, pertaining to, based on, or advocating liberalism, especially the freedom of the individual and governmental guarantees of individual rights and liberties. 
    4. favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, especially as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties. 
    5. favoring or permitting freedom of action, especially with respect to matters of personal belief or expression: a liberal policy toward dissident artists and writers.
    6. of or pertaining to representational forms of government rather than aristocracies and monarchies. 
    7. free from prejudice or bigotry; tolerant: a liberal attitude toward foreigners.
    8. open-minded or tolerant, especially free of or not bound by traditional or conventional ideas, values, etc. 
    9. characterized by generosity and willingness to give in large amounts: a liberal donor.
    10. given freely or abundantly; generous: a liberal donation.
    11. not strict or rigorous; free; not literal: a liberal interpretation of a rule.
    12. of, pertaining to, or based on the liberal arts
    13. of, pertaining to, or befitting a freeman.
    I had to laugh reading this, because I can't remember the last time I read or interacted with someone who would identify as a liberal and who could genuinely be described by most of those items!

Not that this has anything to so with the article...
    gatorguynetmage
  • Reply 31 of 58
    bellsbells Posts: 140member
    apple ][ said:
    slurpy said:

Do you have to spout your misguided political trash in EVERY thread? Nobody cares what you think of liberals. What a tiresome troll, just like sog. You two should ride off into the sunset. 
    I'm no troll, and even though I don't agree with SOG on some issues, I wouldn't say that he is either.

We are voices of dissent and we sometimes offer a contrarian viewpoint on certain issues.

Apple is all about diversity, is it not?

Does that not apply to a diversity of opinions also, or would you prefer to live in a dictatorship, where people like SOG and myself would be thrown in a cold jail cell, for refusing to follow the groupthink, liberal herd mentality, where only accepted opinions are allowed? You don't have to answer that last question. :#
    Labeling something as  liberal is intellicually lazy. It's akin to name calling. Further, the whole techinique is designed just to descredit somebody without having to even listen to a person. Much like calling somebody a racist or rapist. It's like McCarthyism. 

Perhaps you are so intellucutually inferior that you have to resort to labels because you can't express ideas without doing so?

Moreover, nowadays  it seems the so called conservatives would be more apt to call people names like Nazis. 

mac_dogapple jockeyai46baconstang
  • Reply 32 of 58
    Ugh. Another iPhone killer bites the dust. However, I'm sure some other smartphone company will spring up ready to challenge Apple and Wall Street will jump for joy and chuckling over Apple's imminent doom.
    baconstangwatto_cobra
  • Reply 33 of 58
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    bells said:

Moreover, nowadays  it seems the so called conservatives would be more apt to call people names like Nazis. 
    You're pretty funny. :#

Liberals are always funniest when they're not trying to be funny, which might help explain why liberals being serious are far more funny and provide more comedic value than any so-called liberal comics or liberal comedians can ever hope to achieve.

For example, if somebody were willing to go back and conduct an extensive search and investigation on this very site, I am talking about multiple years back, the ratio would probably be about 10-1, if not more, and not in your favor. Name calling is practically all that liberals have, and that's all that they have had for decades now, when faced with any sort of rational argument, or faced with a superior opponent with an argument that they were unable to legitimately refute in a factual way.

They've used up all their decks of various cards now, and there simply aren't any cards left in the deck anymore, sorry.

I am also not aware of that many liberals that could be considered my intellectual superior, as I truly and honestly believe that the majority of them suffer from various mental ailments, including, but not limited to various psychological problems, narcissistic personality disorder, self entitlement disorder, collective hysteria, legitimization of violence disorder, moral panic and general truthphobia. I do believe that liberalism is a genuine mental disorder, ranging from the very mild to the more severe cases of course, which can sometimes be fatal.

I have wasted much of my time before in attempting to engage some of them, but that is all in the past now, because it is no longer necessary, and now I will mostly laugh and mock, because that is how one treats circus freaks and the deplorable.

edited December 2016
  • Reply 34 of 58
    apple ][ said:
    bells said:

You're pretty funny. :#

I am also not aware of that many liberals that could be considered my intellectual superior, as I truly and honestly believe that the majority of them suffer from various mental ailments, including, but not limited to various psychological problems, narcissistic personality disorder, self entitlement disorder, collective hysteria, legitimization of violence disorder, moral panic and general truthphobia. I do believe that liberalism is a genuine mental disorder, ranging from the very mild to the more severe cases of course, which can sometimes be fatal.

Oh Man, you found me out!

I am glad you find us funny, cause I have a heck of a sense of humor.

But you say we have no serious arguments on any topics. I consider that a duel. Lay one on me. Take a topic, pose your position, let's see who can defend their point of view.

And I invite you to laugh at me if I am even more dense than usual.

have at it friend. All in good fun and taste.

• Reply 35 of 58
    Was browsing the LeEco pop-up shop at the mall the other day. Good thing I didn't buy a phone. Or a bike. Or a car. 
  • Reply 36 of 58
    blastdoorblastdoor Posts: 3,258member
    I wonder how long Jia practiced that picture in the mirror
    baconstang
  • Reply 37 of 58
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,176member
    apple ][ said:
    bells said:

You're pretty funny.

Oh Man, you found me out!

I am glad you find us (Liberals) funny
    The OP ( @bells ) says that applying labels to people is a sign of low intelligence:
     "Labeling something as  liberal is intellicually (sic) lazy. It's akin to name calling. Further, the whole techinique is designed just to descredit somebody without having to even listen to a person. Perhaps you are so intellucutually inferior that you have to resort to labels because you can't express ideas without doing so?"

Then you paste a label on yourself. I would assume then you don't agree with @bells either even tho you jumped in to support his/her opinion? Just noting the apparent disconnect.

Personally I don't care what someone wants to label themselves as, or if they even do. Tags are useful on the grocery shelf, not so much in human interactions. Motion matter more than thoughts and we have too little movement on the things that purportedly are so concerning to us. Get up and move more folks if it's really so important to you that something changes!

So anyway back on topic, LeEco signaled money problems a couple weeks ago, throttling back plans citing a cash-flow problem. Surprised it took investors this long to notice. Someone earlier in the thread asked whether this might affect the pending buyout of Vizio by LeEco. I hope so as I rather like Vizio's aggressive pricing/feature sets in the TV and audio space and the pressure it puts on the Sony's and LG's to keep improving. I'm afraid LeEco would push Vizio in an entirely different and less-consumer valued direction.

I think the deal is going to die on the vine and not close, with Vizio going back to their original plan to take the company public.
    edited December 2016 netmage
  • Reply 38 of 58
    larryalarrya Posts: 606member
    "As we sped ahead blindfolded..."  

Leadership.

baconstangwatto_cobra
  • Reply 39 of 58
    larrya said:
    "As we sped ahead blindfolded..."  

Leadership.
    Yeah. I'm not even sure how we're supposed to take that. It makes it sound like they had no idea what they were doing. He may as well have added, "...flailing our arms about."
    netmagewatto_cobra
  • Reply 40 of 58
    LeEco had their UMAX85, an 85" UHD Dolby Vision Android/Google Cast TV for only $4K!   Looks like a steal, but unfortunately there still no professional reviews of this unit. 

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/index.php#/topics/2616801?page=74&_k=p72y98
    edited December 2016