WikiLeaks documents show CIA struggling to crack Apple gear, little danger to everyday fol...

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Yes, this somewhat subtle distinction is completely lost (or is being actively ignored) by the so-called mainstream media coverage of what is happening. Theoretically, any and all hacking activities affecting political parties and figures could be the work of people or departments in our own government.
    It did not go un-noticed, but:

1) Shouldn't really surprise anybody, as spies do what spies do.
    2) Is beyond the scope of this article.

I 100% guarantee that regardless of how long WikiLeaks works, that any "truth" won't out in any regard, in this matter. Both political sides will point the finger at the other, and party loyalists for both will either feign surprise or actually be surprised. 

Who the population believes will be 100% related to ideology (like I said), and won't be swayed by anything. Just like always.

Anyway, kudos to AI readers for keeping this conversation sane.
    Just in case my comment was not clear, my use of the term "mainstream media" does not apply to AppleInsider. It's mainly a reference to large longstanding news sources such as CNN, The NY Times, etc.
  • Reply 42 of 44
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    Just in case my comment was not clear, my use of the term "mainstream media" does not apply to AppleInsider. It's mainly a reference to large longstanding news sources such as CNN, The NY Times, etc.
    I was aware :smile: 

AI is in no way mainstream media. We're broadly classified as specialty media.
  • Reply 43 of 44
    First off, thank you all here at AI for your selection of worthy current event based writing and importantly for allowing us all to voice our opinions in a reasonably considered fashion.

I would disagree with your assertion, that AI is not mainstream media. I recognize that in a strict categorization AI is 'specialty media'. Yet in a strict definition, possibly not held by others, I would define MSM as the middle of the road, critical thinking/reporting segment on/for any particular topic. AI clearly represents and is followed by serious and knowledgeable tech/science/social commentary specifically on Apple, present typist excluded.

While at times, important disclosures and propositions may be exposed at the fringes by thoughtful individuals, it is normally not considered viable( read true and substantiated), until a respected so called MSM has thoroughly researched evidence and substantiality. MSM in my opinion is an honorable position to reside in.

Thanks to all, including commenters.
    edited March 2017
  • Reply 44 of 44
    mechanicmechanic Posts: 805member
    I'm not advocating killing their families that is ridiculous. But a lot of these leaks do have real World consequences and do get people killed.