Acer announces USB-C 4K display geared towards professional image editor's needs [u]

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    polymniapolymnia Posts: 1,080member
    mdriftmeyer said:
    Another compromised product w/ DP 1.2 and 8 bit.
    Why would they go above DP 1.2 if it's only an 8 bit per channel 4K display? That's all it needs. 

Next question: Would Acer really be your first choice for a 10 bit per channel display?

obviously it's a compromise product. 
  • Reply 22 of 26
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,399member
    My desk is no catwalk but I think Apple have spoiled us so much with design that boring black plastic boxes just don't cut it in the same way that big beige PCs never really made it out of the 90's.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    dysamoria said:
    100,000,000 to 1 contrast ratio??? Is that even possible with LCD? Is this saying the panel has zero light leakage or that the lighting is capable of causing exposure injury??

Maybe it's that "dynamic contrast ratio" shit they keep peddling.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,819administrator
    dysamoria said:
    100,000,000 to 1 contrast ratio??? Is that even possible with LCD? Is this saying the panel has zero light leakage or that the lighting is capable of causing exposure injury??

Maybe it's that "dynamic contrast ratio" shit they keep peddling.
    It is.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    jcdinkins said:
    Buyer beware.  I personally will never buy another Acer product again.  Handled IT purchases at a company I used to work at years ago.  Ordered 6 laptops for folks.  Within 2 years all but 1 died.  Horrendous build quality.  They suck you in by offering their products just a little bit cheaper than most.  Not worth it.  Maybe they've gotten better since then, but I just can't go with them again because of past experience.
    My first laptop was an Acer. The logo came off while I was cleaning it.
    I think they have a well established reputation for making landfill-quality products.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    stevenozstevenoz Posts: 313member
    I've been pretty happy with their displays -- more on that shortly.
    Waiting...