Windows malware 'Snake' ported to Mac for first time, masquerades as Adobe Flash

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    dysamoria said:
    Homestarrunner.com
    But flash is dead!

• Reply 22 of 26
    bsenkabsenka Posts: 801member
    macxpress said:
    sflocal said:
    Well. the first mistake this clown did was to pretend to be Adobe Flash.  That alone will pretty much assure that no one on a Mac will install it. :)
    Don't be surprised...many people still need Flash for certain things. Unfortunately, websites still require it here and there. 
    Yeah, too many to mention. It's simply not possible for me to avoid it yet, as much as I'd like to. 
  • Reply 23 of 26
    pscooter63pscooter63 Posts: 1,081member
    dysamoria said:
    Homestarrunner.com
    But flash is dead!

Trogdor burninates still...
    tallest skil
  • Reply 24 of 26
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,665member
    eightzero said:
    rob53 said:
    macxpress said:
    sflocal said:
    Well. the first mistake this clown did was to pretend to be Adobe Flash.  That alone will pretty much assure that no one on a Mac will install it. :)
    Don't be surprised...many people still need Flash for certain things. Unfortunately, websites still require it here and there. 
    Like xfinity tv and NBA to name two big ones. Of course these sites work fine on iOS devices. 
    youtube
    YouTube hasn't required Flash in years. 

It will USE Flash if you have it installed (I don't). 
  • Reply 25 of 26
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,988member
    macxpress said:
    sflocal said:
    I have a site for work that requires Flash. I hate it and would love to uninstall it completely, but sadly, some people insist on using it.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    I haven't had flash installed on my Mac in years... Malware and flash go hand in hand.