Presentation slide again suggests 'iPhone 8' Touch ID sensor on rear of device

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Moving the Touch ID to the back for the sake of cosmestic design for the front (less bezels) is nothing more than a gimmick because it adds no benefit but reduce user experiences. If that is the case, I'll stay with the Home Button of iPhone 7/7s. I hate Touch ID in the back!
  • Reply 42 of 45
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    fallenjt said:
    Moving the Touch ID to the back for the sake of cosmestic design for the front (less bezels) is nothing more than a gimmick because it adds no benefit but reduce user experiences. If that is the case, I'll stay with the Home Button of iPhone 7/7s. I hate Touch ID in the back!
    That also makes me think that Apple isn't likely to go that route with a Home Button and Touch ID sensor that we use dozens to hundreds of times per day.
  • Reply 43 of 45
    k2kwk2kw Posts: 2,075member
    AI_lias said:
    Truth be told, even on the front of the device, the Touch ID location is a bit awkward: when holding the phone with one hand, you have to bend your thumb awkwardly, and touch it with the side of your thumb. Or you can use your other hand's index finger. When holding the phone with one hand, it's better for it to be on the back. When laying flat, it's better to be on the front. Maybe it will be on the back, and for the front, you can unlock with your face via the camera.
    I would like for Apple to use the logo on the back for the TouchId.   Then give users the option to activate it or not.
    edited May 2017
  • Reply 44 of 45

mobius said:
    Real or fake, I'm wondering why the article doesn't speculate on that rear circular cutout being for wireless charging rather than Touch ID. Perhaps I'm missing something.
    Because there's no need for there to be a case cutout for any internal coil.
    Nope, that's not "why".
    Being that I wrote the story, I can tell you with authority that is exactly why the story didn't speculate as that being the reason for the cutout.
    Being that I read the stories posted here and catch on to the obvious trends that you think go right over reader's heads, I can assure we're fully aware that it is a faux controversary you continue to perpetrate.

You know full well what the reliable sources have said about this iPhone.

And you know the historical difference between the value of those reliable sources and everyone else.

So when you post something like this, you already know it is false. You do it for the clicks, and in absence of anything of real substance.