Will the 'iPhone 8' cost $1200+? Apple has already been pushing flagship prices higher for...

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 104
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,038member
    crabby said:
    Soli said:
    crabby said:
    Soli said:
    crabby said:
    whoa- what about those of us who bought the iPhone 7 via the Annual Upgrade program? I paid extra/ month for the assurance I get the next model at the same price…
    You paid extra, huh? You might want to reevaluate your belief.
    yep, with the understanding last year that this year would be a major upgrade.   Apple & Wired Mag also thought is was a good idea:

https://www.wired.com/2016/09/apples-iphone-upgrade-plan-right/
    Let me restate that. YOU DON'T PAYING ANYTHING EXTRA. THE PLAN IS THE COST OF THE DEVICE PLUS APPLECARE+, JUST LIKE ANY OTHER DEVICE SALE EXCEPT YOU GET THE CONVENIENCE OF PAYING IT OFF MONTHLY AND THE OPTION TO TRADE IT IN FOR A NEW ONE AFTER AT LEAST 6 MONTHS FROM THE SALE DATE AND 12 PAYMENTS COMPLETED.

Let me restate yet another way. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE OR REQUIREMENT THAT A NEW DEVICE HAS TO BE THE SAME PRICE. IN FACT, YOU CAN GET A LESS EXPENSIVE OR MORE EXPENSIVE MODEL YEAR-OVER-YEAR ON THE PROGRAM SINCE YOUR MONTHLY RATE VARIOUS EACH TIME YOU RE-UP BECAUSE IT'S BASED ON THE AFOREMENTIONED RETAIL PRICE OF THE ITEM PLUS APPLECARE+ DIVIDED BY 24 MONTHS. WHY THE FUCK DO YOU THINK THEY CHECK YOUR CREDIT EVERY FUCKING TIME AND START A NEW FUCKING CONTRACT?
    Geeze, there is absolutely no reason to use the F word (nor CAPS)  just because you can't get this straight .  For exactly the same phone, it cost an additional $5/month to enter the Apple Upgrade Program. Yes Apple Care is included but useless as it already has a year coverage.  The issue at hand, and not mentioned in the Apple literature, is to which new phone one is entitled. That is not clear.
    No, it's not useless. AC+ covers accidental breakage, too

Again, and for the last time, THERE'S NO ADDITIONAL COST FOR USING THE APPLE PROGRAM OVER BUYING IT OUTRIGHT WITH AC+. YOU SOUND LIKE AN ENTITLED TWAT FOR CLAIMING THAT APPLE IS FORCING YOU TO USE IT, CLAIMING THAT YOU"RE REQUIRED TO PAY MORE WHEN YOU AREN'T, AND THAT IT AFFECTS ANY FUTURE PRICING SINCE GETTING A NEW PHONE MEANS THE OLD CONTRACT IS NULL AND VOID, HENCE THE YEARLY CREDIT CHECK AND THE POTENTIAL LOWER OR HIGHER PRICE DIFFERENCE IF YOU DO GET A NEW iPHONE THE NEXT CYCLE. STOP BEING A DICK AND SPREADING FUD. JUST STOP
    edited July 2017
  • Reply 102 of 104
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,597member
    This isn't right for outsiders to make such outlandish claims of future pricing. I obviously don't expect Apple cares one way or another but I honestly think these people shouldn't be able to get away with this sort of nonsense. I can't imagine why anyone should give credence to spreading this type of talk around.
    If this came from most other journalists I'd tend tom agree with you. But this is from Gruber who has had a decade long very special relationship with Phil Schiller who is presumably the source for many of his "authoritative" comments about Apple and its upcoming products and features.
  • Reply 103 of 104
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    $1200?? I wont pay even half that for a smartphone.  I have found that I only use a handful of apps, so I am no longer willing to pay more than $400 for a smart phone. If Apple can't beat or match that price, then I'll be looking elsewhere. The cheaper the phone, the less worry about theft or breakage. 

I have older Motorola flip phones and a couple of old Android phone I can sell you. They all work great a phones if you really have no need for other features of a smart phone.
  • Reply 104 of 104
    If it costs upwards of $1k, it'd better be at the least waterproof or it will be about as worthless in this age of global warming as 6" heels in Houston. (Sorry, I admire you so much more than your husband.)