Folding@Home

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    noahjnoahj Posts: 4,503member
    Anyhow, is anyone interested in making TeamMacOSX the official folding team of Appleinsider? That way we can have a leg up on other teams and not have to scratch our way up. Plus it could be a way to bring more people to Appleinsider.

Plus we need a better team homepage than this.

<a href="http://www.teammacosx.org"; target="_blank">http://www.teammacosx.org</a>;
  • Reply 42 of 45
    jimdadjimdad Posts: 209member
    I've just read through this thread and it seems interesting but I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Some info please? I'd be interested but doesn't it affect performance of my computer or is it just when I'm not using it?
  • Reply 43 of 45
    [quote]Originally posted by jimdad:

<strong>I've just read through this thread and it seems interesting but I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Some info please? I'd be interested but doesn't it affect performance of my computer or is it just when I'm not using it?</strong><hr></blockquote>

It uses only spare processor time. If you are playing games you would want to turn it off, but otherwise you really should not notice much of a difference in your systems speed. What exactly do you want to know about it otherwise?
  • Reply 44 of 45
    So has anyone actually joined and stuck with it? TeamMacOSX is fast approaching the #1 mac team MacAddict4Life. Another coupdl of months and they may be the #2 Mac Team.
  • Reply 45 of 45
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    ha-HA! I got 3163 units in SETI. I was there practically from the start, though. I'm ready to move onto a new kind of scientific client, however. Folding@home sounds interesting (but not the unequivacol priority as Noah feels, IMO), but they don't have a OS9 client (last time I checked). Sorry for being behind the times. It just seems that if you truly want to get "the world's" help, OS exclusive clients seems to be a step backward.