'iPhone 8' to enter mass production in mid-Sept., launch alongside 'iPhone 7s,' come in 3 ...

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 65
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,038member
    @asdasd ;said:
    whats unresaonable there? If Apple can go high with some prices, it can lower others. 
    Can you please point out what's wrong in his post? Only pattern I see with those prices is - Apple slowly moving to upper mid-range price range for the regular iphones (plus and non-plus models) with a separate high-end tier to increase ASP. Instead of just launching only premium phones, Apple would be releasing new upper mid-range priced phones along with "Premium" phones. Sounds like a great strategy, to me.
    Where's his argument? Where's his research? Where's any sort of logical reasoning whatsoever? As usual, his comment is completely void of any thing useful. There's no discussion to be had with his comment. There's not a single indication of "In my opinion… ," "I believe… ," "I think Apple will do this because…" He's done nothing but ejaculate his wishlist onto the forum—just he does with expecting Cook to be fired and then expecting the stock price to be a certain value by a certain time frame—so he can then say, "See! I told you so. You should've listened to me." When he's wrong he won't say a fucking thing about it again.

For example, well over a year ago I made comments about how I believe that Apple will eventually have to drop their $100 per storage tier price stepping because of the nature of doubling.

Since then we've had Apple release an iPad Pro with $64, 256, and 512GB. The prices step by $100 and $200, respectively. In my opinion, that will change as lower tiers drop off and NAND becomes less expensive and more abundant, but I think we're likely to continue to see this happen for a couple cycles as they double NAND in future products.

Besides his complete lack of any language that would state his stupid post as an opinion or as discussion, he's also completely discounted how Apple is currently pricing their NAND in iDevices. I have no problem if he believes that Apple will not carry the iPad Pro pricing to the iPhone when they jump the capacity to 512GB, but he made nary an argument as to why they would offer it for $100 when it's current $200 more. He also made no comment about why 256GB would be dropped.

Personally, if NAND prices are that much lower and quantities that much higher and we're to expect a $100 tier step then I'd think it's more likely to see 32GB, 256GB (an increase of 224GB) and 512GB (a increase of 256GB) -or- 64GB, 256GB (an increase of 192GB), and 512GB for the sake of consistency. If they do use 32GB, 128GB, and 512GB, why wouldn't step the price of the highest tier by $200, like the iPad Pro?

Did he not even look at apple.com to see what the current prices are? Of course not, because that would require some actual fucking effort and a modicum of forethought. Instead he wants to through crap at a wall and then claim how brilliant he is when there's some random occasion in which he's correct instead of actually having an adult discussion.
    edited August 2017
  • Reply 62 of 65
    Soli said:
    @asdasd ;said:
    whats unresaonable there? If Apple can go high with some prices, it can lower others. 
    Can you please point out what's wrong in his post? Only pattern I see with those prices is - Apple slowly moving to upper mid-range price range for the regular iphones (plus and non-plus models) with a separate high-end tier to increase ASP. Instead of just launching only premium phones, Apple would be releasing new upper mid-range priced phones along with "Premium" phones. Sounds like a great strategy, to me.
    Where's his argument? Where's his research? Where's any sort of logical reasoning whatsoever? As usual, his comment is completely void of any thing useful. There's no discussion to be had with his comment. There's not a single indication of "In my opinion… ," "I believe… ," "I think Apple will do this because…" He's done nothing but ejaculate his wishlist onto the forum—just he does with expecting Cook to be fired and then expecting the stock price to be a certain value by a certain time frame—so he can then say, "See! I told you so. You should've listened to me." When he's wrong he won't say a fucking thing about it again.

For example, well over a year ago I made comments about how I believe that Apple will eventually have to drop their $100 per storage tier price stepping because of the nature of doubling.

Since then we've had Apple release an iPad Pro with $64, 256, and 512GB. The prices step by $100 and $200, respectively. In my opinion, that will change as lower tiers drop off and NAND becomes less expensive and more abundant, but I think we're likely to continue to see this happen for a couple cycles as they double NAND in future products.

Besides his complete lack of any language that would state his stupid post as an opinion or as discussion, he's also completely discounted how Apple is currently pricing their NAND in iDevices. I have no problem if he believes that Apple will not carry the iPad Pro pricing to the iPhone when they jump the capacity to 512GB, but he made nary an argument as to why they would offer it for $100 when it's current $200 more. He also made no comment about why 256GB would be dropped.

Personally, if NAND prices are that much lower and quantities that much higher and we're to expect a $100 tier step then I'd think it's more likely to see 32GB, 256GB (an increase of 224GB) and 512GB (a increase of 256GB) -or- 64GB, 256GB (an increase of 192GB), and 512GB for the sake of consistency. If they do use 32GB, 128GB, and 512GB, why wouldn't step the price of the highest tier by $200, like the iPad Pro?

Did he not even look at apple.com to see what the current prices are? Of course not, because that would require some actual fucking effort and a modicum of forethought. Instead he wants to through crap at a wall and then claim how brilliant he is when there's some random occasion in which he's correct instead of actually having an adult discussion.

Ah, attention to detail - which I clearly did not spend enough time on before commenting. Well done. Agreed with all of your arguments. I was only looking at the prices for the base models which were lower than previous years, so assumed that you are only rejecting those numbers as invalid. I did not look at the higher storage tiers and their respective prices.

I don't think Apple would offer 512 GB in this year's models. That would necessitate going with 64GB for base model. I don't see that happening for 7s or 7s plus for sure. iPhone X/Pro/8 - who knows?

asdasd
  • Reply 63 of 65
    What is the new SE model foe September?
  • Reply 64 of 65
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,584member
    What is the new SE model foe September?
    Rumor has the new SE coming out in the Spring next year.