Apple said to unveil 'iPhone 8,' 'iPhone 7s' and more at Sept. 12 event

Comments

• Reply 101 of 125
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,879member
    I’d love the apologists here to explain the engineering reason behind not shipping 29W charger with 12.9” iPad Pro. I use one to charge my Pro all the time zero problems.
    O rly? And what were the cited reasons? I’ve only seen people say this is rumor, but if true there is certainly an engineering reason, as Apple has demonstrated time and time again. 

Meanwhile the concern trolls scream “conspiracy! Upsell!” 
    Soli
  • Reply 102 of 125
    melgross said:

melgross said:
    lkrupp said:

melgross said:
    If true, I wonder why Apple isn’t going to use level 2 wireless charging, at 15 watts, rather than level 1 charging, at 7.5 watts. I can say for certain that my 7+ charges a lot faster using a 12 watt iPad charger than the measly 5 watt charger that comes with it. It even charges a bit faster using the 29 watt Macbook charger that I bought as the primary charger for my iPad Pro 12.9”, which charges a lot faster with that than the 12 watt charger.

i hope Apple is giving up on those old chargers this year. The iPhone really needs at least an 8 watt charger, and the iPad Pro 12.9”, a 16 watt model.
    Well unless you are a power engineer I don't think we know why Apple chose the lower standard (if they did, it's just a rumor for now). Of course this will be touted by the haters, if true, as some failure on Apple's part. But apparently Apple doesn't care one bit about what there haters say, or what some users say when they don't know why something is happening.
    That’s just making excuses. And I designed a fair amount of electronics professionally. I understand power as well as most anyone.

the point is that the standard Apple is using has two levels. Obviously, Apple made a decision here, it wasn’t random. I’m questioning why they made that decision. Some flagship Android phones are using level 2. Since the iPhone can easily charge with chargers higher than 15 watts without any problems, it’s a valid question as to why Apple went with the lower number, assuming that it’s correct, as I said in my other post. I would be happy if it was incorrect.

but Apple’s devices are known for slow charging times with the supplied chargers. That’s nothing new. Just look at the review comparisons at the sites that do that.
    Unless you’re an EE at Apple, i’m not sure i understand your challenge of the rumored decision. Nobody here is going to have the answer, at least at this point in time. As always I’m confident it’s about engineering and not any kooky conspiracy to screw their own customers as others have proclaimed in the last couple weeks. 
    I just said it, and I’ll say it again. Some of you guys are way too quick to defend Apple about something that they don’t need defending about. And this nonsense about having to work for Apple before saying anything is ridiculous. I suppose if I said anything about Maps when it first came out would have I been criticized by the same people here? And if I did, what would those same people have said when Tim Cook apologized for the poor showing that maps had made, and the firing of Forstall?

would you question Cook for that? After all, how dare he say something negative about apple!

am just asking folks. That’s still ok here, isn’t it? Is the site now taken over by the fanboys completely?
    I’m not talking about software, I’m talking about hardware. Hardware which others have claimed, and you allude to, is intentionally being crippled. In essence, you’re citing specs and raising FUD about said specs. 

That you then call people fanboys is just poor manners that goes against the rules of the forum. Thank goodness you no longer moderate. 
    edited August 2017 williamlondon
  • Reply 103 of 125
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    vulpine said:
    Something I don't understand: why are people saying that Apple will release an "iPhone 7S" and an "iPhone 8" at the same time?

So far, we've been taught that major iPhone updates are every other year, with incremental updates between them: 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6S, 7. Having a 7S appear on the same day as an 8 would be confusing - people would wonder, does the 7S use older technology than the 8? Who would want to buy something that's outdated as soon as it's released?

The "8" has been introduced as a meme to hammer AAPL stock when unrealistic expectations are not met. 
  • Reply 104 of 125

melgross said:

melgross said:
    sog35 said:
    melgross said:
    lkrupp said:

melgross said:
    If true, I wonder why Apple isn’t going to use level 2 wireless charging, at 15 watts, rather than level 1 charging, at 7.5 watts. I can say for certain that my 7+ charges a lot faster using a 12 watt iPad charger than the measly 5 watt charger that comes with it. It even charges a bit faster using the 29 watt Macbook charger that I bought as the primary charger for my iPad Pro 12.9”, which charges a lot faster with that than the 12 watt charger.

i hope Apple is giving up on those old chargers this year. The iPhone really needs at least an 8 watt charger, and the iPad Pro 12.9”, a 16 watt model.
    Well unless you are a power engineer I don't think we know why Apple chose the lower standard (if they did, it's just a rumor for now). Of course this will be touted by the haters, if true, as some failure on Apple's part. But apparently Apple doesn't care one bit about what there haters say, or what some users say when they don't know why something is happening.
    That’s just making excuses. And I designed a fair amount of electronics professionally. I understand power as well as most anyone.

the point is that the standard Apple is using has two levels. Obviously, Apple made a decision here, it wasn’t random. I’m questioning why they made that decision. Some flagship Android phones are using level 2. Since the iPhone can easily charge with chargers higher than 15 watts without any problems, it’s a valid question as to why Apple went with the lower number, assuming that it’s correct, as I said in my other post. I would be happy if it was incorrect.

but Apple’s devices are known for slow charging times with the supplied chargers. That’s nothing new. Just look at the review comparisons at the sites that do that.
    another clueless person who thinks they can engineer iPhones better than Apple......
    Oh please, your post shows that you are far more clueless than I am. You think, like a fanboy, where everything Apple does is always the best, and that every decision is always the right one, no matter what.

i’m questioning why they did it, because the phones can obviously charge at much higher rates. It’s a very fair question to,ask.

what’s not fair is people who know nothing, attacking me for asking it.,
     I flagged you for calling him a fanboy. That’s a stupid ad hominem fallacy/attack. Didnt you used to be a mod here? And you’re going to call people fanboys?
    Flag me all you want to, if that makes you happy. If you think being called a fanboy is a big deal, then that’s an issue for you, not me. Some people here would be proud to be called a fanboy. I’m being called ignorant by a couple of people here because I’m asking a fair, and proper question. Perhaps you should flag them too, and possibly yourself while you’re at it.

a fanboy is someone who always accepts what a company does, and brooks no discussion of it by anyone. If people are doing that, then they’re acting like fanboys. If the shoe fits...
    This is why you’re off base. I’m not “defending” apple without question. Instead I realize the obvious truth that they’re not out to screw me or their customers, have never been out to screw me, and in fact have always had solid engineering reasons for the things they do. Case in point the recent decision to remove the legacy headphone port in return for the added space to add gaskets, battery and cameras —as explained by VP of engineering. 

Also, please note it’s not an insult or an attack to say you’re ignorant of these hardware decisions. Because obviously, since you don’t work for Apple, you are ignorant of their decision making reasoning. As is any of us here. That’s not an insult, that’s just fact. 

But instead of realizing this you get pissy and call people names. Nice. 
  • Reply 105 of 125
    melgross said:
    gatorguy said:
    melgross said:
    sog35 said:
    melgross said:
    lkrupp said:

melgross said:

another clueless person who thinks they can engineer iPhones better than Apple......
    Oh please, your post shows that you are far more clueless than I am. You think, like a fanboy, where everything Apple does is always the best, and that every decision is always the right one, no matter what.

i’m questioning why they did it, because the phones can obviously charge at much higher rates. It’s a very fair question to,ask.

I flagged you for calling him a fanboy. That’s a stupid ad hominem fallacy/attack. Didnt you used to be a mod here? And you’re going to call people fanboys?
    Read his post again. He did not call him a fanboy.

IMO you're being too touchy and unnecessarily aggressive. I completely understand the succinct point Mel was making but that you might be missing even if I might personally have worded it differently. Read the post he was replying to before accusing Mel of initiating a personal attack.
    i really don’t understand the venom here. I understand that Apple has their reasons. I would just like to know what they are.
    You would like Apple to tell you their reasons on a rumored feature of an unannounced product? Really? Do you not realize how absurd that is?
    williamlondon
  • Reply 106 of 125
    gatorguy said:
    melgross said:
    sog35 said:
    melgross said:
    lkrupp said:

melgross said:

IMO you're being too touchy and unnecessarily aggressive. I completely understand the succinct point Mel was making but that you might be missing even if I might personally have worded it differently. Read the post he was replying to before accusing Mel of initiating a personal attack.
    Disagree. He called him a fanboy in the same way that if one were to say "Only a complete fucking moron thinks [insert something you think]". Sure, they didn't technically call you a moron, but essentially they did. You're splitting hairs. He even said in another post he called him a fanboy but that he does so rarely.

As for suggesting I'm being overly aggressive, this is nonsense. I've just butted heads with you enough times on your Google agenda that you now look for opportunities to cast in that light. It's your thing here.
  • Reply 107 of 125
    melgross said:

Soli said:
    melgross said:

melgross said:
    sog35 said:
    melgross said:
    lkrupp said:

melgross said:

Flag me all you want to, if that makes you happy. If you think being called a fanboy is a big deal, then that’s an issue for you, not me. Some people here would be proud to be called a fanboy. I’m being called ignorant by a couple of people here because I’m asking a fair, and proper question. Perhaps you should flag them too, and possibly yourself while you’re at it.

a fanboy is someone who always accepts what a company does, and brooks no discussion of it by anyone. If people are doing that, then they’re acting like fanboys. If the shoe fits…
    1) Why limit the term to a company? You don't see people being fans of products, services, musicians, actors, television series, and pretty much anything else? I certainly do.

2) Can you really say there are people that "always accepts what a company does"? I'm sure you've been called an Apple fanboy and yet you've just used the Maps debacle as an example, which would make calling you an Apple fanboy untrue, based on that comment alone since it means that it's not always. I bet that means a lot of people you'd call a fanboy can't be fanboys under your definition.

i think I may have called two or three people here fanboys over the years. Considering how long I’ve been here, and how many posts I’ve made, that’s not a lot. But it’s more the vehemence with which they express their opinion, such as the way Sog35 is here, now, that makes me think fanboy, even if he really isn’t. It’s amusing that one guy flagged me for that. I hope it got him all excited.
    If you're at all familiar with Sog's posting history then you know the term fanboy doesnt apply to him -- the guy who said Tim Cook sucked and needed to be fired.

I really don't care how long you've been posting here. Calling people fanboys is an ad hominem attack and quite unnecessary in a discussion.
    williamlondon
  • Reply 108 of 125
    avon b7 said:
    melgross said:

Soli said:
    melgross said:

melgross said:
    sog35 said:
    melgross said:
    lkrupp said:

melgross said:

a fanboy is someone who always accepts what a company does, and brooks no discussion of it by anyone. If people are doing that, then they’re acting like fanboys. If the shoe fits…
    1) Why limit the term to a company? You don't see people being fans of products, services, musicians, actors, television series, and pretty much anything else? I certainly do.

2) Can you really say there are people that "always accepts what a company does"? I'm sure you've been called an Apple fanboy and yet you've just used the Maps debacle as an example, which would make calling you an Apple fanboy untrue, based on that comment alone since it means that it's not always. I bet that means a lot of people you'd call a fanboy can't be fanboys under your definition.
    I suppose so. But as I’m being roundly criticized for asking a question, and being told that “Apple” knows what it’s doing, and that I’m subhuman (it seems) for questioning why they’re doing it, I’m thinking of “company”.

i try very hard to look at issues, and do whatever work I can to understand them before coming on anywhere and posting. This is an issue that we’ve just been reading about. It’s puzzling to me why they are doing this, if they are. I can think of a couple of reasons why they may, but that brings up other issues as well. I find it interesting, and was hoping that we could have an intelligent discussion about it. I was not expecting to be attacked over it.

as I’ve said in times last, I agree with what Apple does at least 80% of the time, which I think is really pretty good. But they’re not perfect. and even when they do things that I think are correct, I often wonder why. It’s the engineer in me to question everything I see. Fixing machine designs was something I used to do, for my own company, and for companies who supplied machinery to us. You’d be surprised at the design errors major companies can make.

so when I defend Apple, there are a few who accuse me of being a fanboy, directly. And when I question Apple, there are a few who accuse me of being an Apple hater. How someone with 100,000 Apple shares can be an Apple hater, I don’t know, but there it is.

i think I may have called two or three people here fanboys over the years. Considering how long I’ve been here, and how many posts I’ve made, that’s not a lot. But it’s more the vehemence with which they express their opinion, such as the way Sog35 is here, now, that makes me think fanboy, even if he really isn’t. It’s amusing that one guy flagged me for that. I hope it got him all excited.
    Like you said, 'a few'.

Apparently, most AI traffic is drive by so, in context, your opinion will stand up to wider review by those who never even post (the majority) and be appreciated for having explained your point of view even if it is vehemently criticised by the few who, it must be said, are just that, few.

For what it's worth I saw nothing flaggable in your comments either but each to his own, when it comes to opinions, they're just that although 'jumping on people', getting stroppy, agressive, offensive etc really serves no purpose at all but those reading without posting, quickly learn which posters fall into that group.

Just let those comments go. Like water off a duck's back.
    Oh please, drop the righteousness. You are known on these threads for illogical knockoff narratives and are routinely called out for it, but doing so doesn't make us a few aggressive & offensive people, it just means we know a duck when it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck.

I flagged him because he's calling other readers names, which is never appropriate, regardless of how long a person has been posting here. If you have to resort to calling people names your argument sucks.
  • Reply 109 of 125
    vulpine said:
    Something I don't understand: why are people saying that Apple will release an "iPhone 7S" and an "iPhone 8" at the same time?

So far, we've been taught that major iPhone updates are every other year, with incremental updates between them: 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6S, 7. Having a 7S appear on the same day as an 8 would be confusing - people would wonder, does the 7S use older technology than the 8? Who would want to buy something that's outdated as soon as it's released?

You're correct to wonder about the proposed names. Theres no way they're going to release a phone called "iPhone 8" next to the the 7s.
  • Reply 110 of 125
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    sog35 said:
    If you're at all familiar with Sog's posting history then you know the term fanboy doesnt apply to him -- the guy who said Tim Cook sucked and needed to be fired.

I really don't care how long you've been posting here. Calling people fanboys is an ad hominem attack and quite unnecessary in a discussion.
    Thats the irony.

With one side of their mouth they call me a fanboy and Apple cult member. Yet on the other side of their mouth they call me a Tim Cook hater. Which one is it?

I think it depends if my opinion agrees with theirs.

I call it like I see it.  If it means bashing Cook so be it.  If it means defending Apple so be it.

My perspective is as an Apple shareholder and Apple product user.  Sometimes those two roles can clash.  But usually whats good for the Shareholder is good for the customer.  Happy customers equals more sales and more profits.
    Just because Jeffrey Dahmer also ate salad doesn't mean he wasn't a cannibal.
  • Reply 111 of 125
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    sog35 said:
    melgross said:

sog35 said:
    melgross said:
    sog35 said:
    melgross said:
    lkrupp said:

melgross said:

what’s not fair is people who know nothing, attacking me for asking it.
    So who's more clueless?

Me or a dude who thinks he knows how to build iPhones better than Apple?

Give me a break.  Apple would fire you the first day on the job trying to do Apple power management. Sorry bro.  You are not elite level. Apple is. You are not. Now just sit back and let the masters show you how its done.
    Again, you know absolutely nothing. You are nothing. You are just running your mouth off in complete ignorance. I’m surprised at that from you. But rather than have a sane discussion about this you’d rather attack me. I just wonder how much electronics you’ve designed over the years?

I suppose you defended the round mouse for the iMac for years too.
    d

sorry holmes.  But I think Apple knows how to design iPhones better than you. 

Go ahead and call me fanboy or other bullshit.  go ahead and design a smartphone.  It would probably end up like the Note7
    I don’t think you’re actually thinking. You’re just reacting with a knee jerk. You dot. Even have any argument to bring us, just insults.
  • Reply 112 of 125
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,693member
    avon b7 said:
    melgross said:

Soli said:
    melgross said:

melgross said:
    sog35 said:
    melgross said:
    lkrupp said:

melgross said:

I suppose so. But as I’m being roundly criticized for asking a question, and being told that “Apple” knows what it’s doing, and that I’m subhuman (it seems) for questioning why they’re doing it, I’m thinking of “company”.

i try very hard to look at issues, and do whatever work I can to understand them before coming on anywhere and posting. This is an issue that we’ve just been reading about. It’s puzzling to me why they are doing this, if they are. I can think of a couple of reasons why they may, but that brings up other issues as well. I find it interesting, and was hoping that we could have an intelligent discussion about it. I was not expecting to be attacked over it.

as I’ve said in times last, I agree with what Apple does at least 80% of the time, which I think is really pretty good. But they’re not perfect. and even when they do things that I think are correct, I often wonder why. It’s the engineer in me to question everything I see. Fixing machine designs was something I used to do, for my own company, and for companies who supplied machinery to us. You’d be surprised at the design errors major companies can make.

so when I defend Apple, there are a few who accuse me of being a fanboy, directly. And when I question Apple, there are a few who accuse me of being an Apple hater. How someone with 100,000 Apple shares can be an Apple hater, I don’t know, but there it is.

Like you said, 'a few'.

Apparently, most AI traffic is drive by so, in context, your opinion will stand up to wider review by those who never even post (the majority) and be appreciated for having explained your point of view even if it is vehemently criticised by the few who, it must be said, are just that, few.

For what it's worth I saw nothing flaggable in your comments either but each to his own, when it comes to opinions, they're just that although 'jumping on people', getting stroppy, agressive, offensive etc really serves no purpose at all but those reading without posting, quickly learn which posters fall into that group.

Just let those comments go. Like water off a duck's back.
    Oh please, drop the righteousness. You are known on these threads for illogical knockoff narratives and are routinely called out for it, but doing so doesn't make us a few aggressive & offensive people, it just means we know a duck when it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck.

I flagged him because he's calling other readers names, which is never appropriate, regardless of how long a person has been posting here. If you have to resort to calling people names your argument sucks.
    Routinely called out? No. You have tried and failed routinely to do so but your claims never stood up to scrutiny and I never jumped on you for it. I let it go. The readers can decide.

You still can't post without using the word 'knock-off' I see. 

Melgross is not asking anyone in particular, much less, Apple why they are rumoured to have taken a specific decision.

He is just thinking out loud and asking why they may have chosen one option or another and giving the train of thought behind what led to the question.

This is where those thoughts can be outlined. It's a discussion forum.
  • Reply 113 of 125
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    There are some here who seem hell-bent on making multiple discussions as difficult as possible, and discouraging questions about why Apple does what they do when they do. No idea for what purpose if not for what Mel mentions.

IMO there's no danger is asking "why", or even outright questioning some tech company decision in order to come to a better understanding of what's behind it. My advice is ignore it if one or two have made it their mission to quash it by heaping ridicule on the questioner while questioning their talents and/or intelligence. Those few don't matter any more than the rest of us in the bigger scheme, just often less tolerant, less respectful and louder. 

Believe it or not there's a boatload of very smart, talented and insightful members here, one reason I love visiting. No one member is smarter than anyone else no matter how important and valuable they imagine they are. Let everyone speak as long as they are sincere and honest and respectful. No harm will come from learning something you didn't know when you started reading, and no damage will result from questioning the reasons behind a decision. 
    edited August 2017 Soliavon b7
  • Reply 114 of 125
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    You're correct to wonder about the proposed names. Theres no way they're going to release a phone called "iPhone 8" next to the the 7s.
    Do you want me to take over this argument for you? There’s no sense in having someone else discredited on it when I’m already bottom of the barrel.  ;)
    gatorguy said:
    Let everyone speak as long as they are sincere and honest and respectful.
    But GG, that’s “hate speech”!
    edited August 2017
  • Reply 115 of 125
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    gatorguy said:
    Let everyone speak as long as they are sincere and honest and respectful.
    But GG, that’s “hate speech”!
    :)
  • Reply 116 of 125
    sog35 said:
    melgross said:

sog35 said:
    melgross said:
    sog35 said:
    melgross said:
    lkrupp said:

melgross said:

what’s not fair is people who know nothing, attacking me for asking it.
    So who's more clueless?

Me or a dude who thinks he knows how to build iPhones better than Apple?

Give me a break.  Apple would fire you the first day on the job trying to do Apple power management. Sorry bro.  You are not elite level. Apple is. You are not. Now just sit back and let the masters show you how its done.
    Again, you know absolutely nothing. You are nothing. You are just running your mouth off in complete ignorance. I’m surprised at that from you. But rather than have a sane discussion about this you’d rather attack me. I just wonder how much electronics you’ve designed over the years?

I suppose you defended the round mouse for the iMac for years too.
    d

sorry holmes.  But I think Apple knows how to design iPhones better than you. 

Go ahead and call me fanboy or other bullshit.  go ahead and design a smartphone.  It would probably end up like the Note7
    I guess there’s just no point in responding to you. Have a nice day.
  • Reply 117 of 125
    Soli said:
    sog35 said:
    Soli said:
    creemail said:
    I wanted to chime in regarding pricing...Apple will not reduce the price of the 7S/7S Plus. That is why they have the 7/7 Plus that is still selling very well in place of their value lineup...

Prediction says:

7 = 32gb $549 / 128gb $649 / (no 256gb)
    7 Plus = 32gb $649 / 128gb $749 / (no 256gb)

7S = 32gb $649 / 128gb $749 / 256gb $849
    7S Plus = 32gb $769 / 128gb $869 / 256gb $969

iPhone Edition/8/X = 64gb $999 / 256gb $1099 / 512gb $1199

i believe these will be the price points will take place. I say about 95% accurate.

Apple does not need to lower the prices on their phones. They have a commanding lead by each single Android manufacturer in the "smartphone space"...Samsung sells more phones, but they pull in less money per handset...
    Accursvy based on what? How can you possibly determine any accuracy, and what kind of statical analysis doesn’t allow for any variance?

Most interesting in these made up prices is ignoring th iPad Pro price jump of $200 to go from 256GB to 512GB. I’d wager that you didn’t even notice that or you would’ve at least made a statement as to why you think the price bump will be halved for 256GB more capacity for the iPhone, which means you didn’t do the bare minimum of research to come up with your price points. Thanks for wasting our time, Sog 2.0.
    charging $200 more to jump from 256 to 512 is ridiculous. Just because they did it for the iPad does not mean they will do it for the iPhone.

64 GB to 256 GB = 52 cents for each additional GB

256 GB to 512 GB =  78 cents for each additional GB

Makes ZERO sense to charge more per GB when you go to 512. That's dumb.
    1) And despite this "makes ZERO sense" claim we have actual evidence that Apple has done exactly that. This isn't your wannabe three-eyed raven predictions—this is fucking historical data to pull from. You can't even understand why Apple did that, you can only say it "makes ZERO sense" when it clearly made sense to Apple, once again showing that you have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

2) The inverse of your calculations is that the highest tier capacity have the least amount of cost for the customer. In this case, you're suggesting that customers that want the newest and densest NAND capacity should only pay 39¢ per gigabyte while the mid-tier customers pay 52¢ per gigabyte to upgrade. This complete lack of critical thinking is why you're constantly being put in your place. For a three-eyed raven you sure eat a lot a crow.
    It’s interesting that he gets so hot over my simple questioning of what Apple is designing with it’s charging system, yet he thinks it’s all right to criticize them over price.

really, it’s it the same thing, if they “know” what they are doing with the charging, they must also “know” what they’re doing with their pricing, and who is he to criticize that?
    Soli
  • Reply 118 of 125

melgross said:

melgross said:
    lkrupp said:

melgross said:

Unless you’re an EE at Apple, i’m not sure i understand your challenge of the rumored decision. Nobody here is going to have the answer, at least at this point in time. As always I’m confident it’s about engineering and not any kooky conspiracy to screw their own customers as others have proclaimed in the last couple weeks. 
    I just said it, and I’ll say it again. Some of you guys are way too quick to defend Apple about something that they don’t need defending about. And this nonsense about having to work for Apple before saying anything is ridiculous. I suppose if I said anything about Maps when it first came out would have I been criticized by the same people here? And if I did, what would those same people have said when Tim Cook apologized for the poor showing that maps had made, and the firing of Forstall?

would you question Cook for that? After all, how dare he say something negative about apple!

am just asking folks. That’s still ok here, isn’t it? Is the site now taken over by the fanboys completely?
    I’m not talking about software, I’m talking about hardware. Hardware which others have claimed, and you allude to, is intentionally being crippled. In essence, you’re citing specs and raising FUD about said specs. 

That you then call people fanboys is just poor manners that goes against the rules of the forum. Thank goodness you no longer moderate. 
    First of all, stop pretending that you’re something special here, because you’re not. I see that you’re trying so hard to act as though you’re reasonable, but you’re just as stubborn as you accuse me of being. And you know nothing about th rules of the forum.
  • Reply 119 of 125

melgross said:

melgross said:
    sog35 said:
    melgross said:
    lkrupp said:

melgross said:

a fanboy is someone who always accepts what a company does, and brooks no discussion of it by anyone. If people are doing that, then they’re acting like fanboys. If the shoe fits...
    This is why you’re off base. I’m not “defending” apple without question. Instead I realize the obvious truth that they’re not out to screw me or their customers, have never been out to screw me, and in fact have always had solid engineering reasons for the things they do. Case in point the recent decision to remove the legacy headphone port in return for the added space to add gaskets, battery and cameras —as explained by VP of engineering. 

Also, please note it’s not an insult or an attack to say you’re ignorant of these hardware decisions. Because obviously, since you don’t work for Apple, you are ignorant of their decision making reasoning. As is any of us here. That’s not an insult, that’s just fact. 

But instead of realizing this you get pissy and call people names. Nice. 
    And here’s one of your biggest mistakes. You can’t read a post correctly. Where did I say that Apple was out to screw anyone? I didn’t, and I wasn’t even hinting at that.

and since you don’t know me, don’t follow Sog’s blathering either. Both of you guys are making a major mistake in thinking that it’s wrong to ask a question. Why is that? And why don’t you get after him for his complaints about Apple’s pricing? After, he doesn’t work there so he shouldn’t be questioning that either.

and calling me ignorant is an insult too, particularly since you don’t know me, or what I know. That in it self is ignorance on your part.
  • Reply 120 of 125
    melgross said:
    gatorguy said:
    melgross said:
    sog35 said:
    melgross said:
    lkrupp said:

melgross said:

i really don’t understand the venom here. I understand that Apple has their reasons. I would just like to know what they are.
    You would like Apple to tell you their reasons on a rumored feature of an unannounced product? Really? Do you not realize how absurd that is?
    Again, you don’t know how to read a post. Did I say that I want Apple to tell me their reasons now? No, I did not. I’m wondering what they are, and I was hoping for an intelligent discussion about it. Knowing Apple, they will likely respond to a question about it at some point.

why are you trying to be a dictator, along with Sog, and attempting to shut down a discussion?