Boxer Floyd 'Money' Mayweather still rocking out with jewel-studded iPod classic

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Before and after Saturday's megafight between boxer Floyd Mayweather and mixed martial artist Conor McGregor, the fighter known as "Money" was shown with what appears to be the last iteration of the iPod Classic -- albeit fully studded with gems.

Mayweather was spotted with an originally unidentified hard drive iPod laden with pink gems. The wired earbuds associated with the device are matching, with the exposed white plastic outside the ear also encrusted with the stones.

Upon further examination, the device is from the last of the iPod Classic line, with an unknown capacity.

The iPod has been associated with Mayweather since as early as 2014. At the time, he said that he was still using the device because more gems can be attached to the device than newer iPods or iPhones.

Mayweather was asked before Saturday's bout why he still uses the device. He reportedly suggested that newer models were incapable of shuffling songs -- but this is not in actuality the case.

The original iPod line was retroactively named the iPod classic during the sixth-generation rollout in 2007. Apple discontinued the line on Sept. 9, 2014, with the refresh in 2009 being Apple's last iPod to sport the 30-pin connector.

The sole remaining iPod is the recently boosted iPod touch. Apple discontinued the iPod nano and iPod shuffle on July 27.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    But...that's clearly a 'studded' case on the iPod. Newsworthy? BTW, I still use mine too, though the hard drive is starting to act wonky.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    gordy said:
    But...that's clearly a 'studded' case on the iPod. Newsworthy? BTW, I still use mine too, though the hard drive is starting to act wonky.
    Convert it to use (non-removable) flash storage.

SpamSandwich
  • Reply 3 of 12
    sog35 said:
    hard to believe this clown made $100 million boxing against a guy who NEVER had a professional boxing match in his life.

I say clown because this a-hole has beaten over a dozen women on record. Who knows how many more he has beaten off the record.

Scum of the earth.

A true coward.

The dude beats on women who have no way of defending themself. The scum of the earth are people who hurt helpless children, women, elderly, and animals. 

Should not be a surprise because this dude avoided boxing Manny until Manny was washed up and old.

But the truth is everyone who paid for this fight, or associated with this fight are scum also. They willfully are supporting a guy who beats women for fun. Seriously.
    This guy is used douche water.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member

But, aren't most billionaires?  Just saying.

@Mike Wuerthele Thanks for the tip

• Reply 5 of 12
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,362member
    Whoa, that's a mighty impressive headphone cord organizer / detangler.
    king editor the grate
  • Reply 6 of 12
    boltsfan17boltsfan17 Posts: 2,294member
    sog35 said:
    This loser just made $100 million for boxing for 25 minutes and can't afford Airpods? 

Anytime I see someone with wired earbuds I laugh.  Looks so 2005.
    Mayweather actually made close to $200 million after you include PPV buys and gate money. Pretty insane really. 
  • Reply 7 of 12
    glynhglynh Posts: 133member
    sog35 said:
    Just proves there are tens of millions of low lifes who are willing to pay $100 to watch this pathetic life form run around in a ring
    And there you have it folks. The great Sog35 passing judgement on millions of boys, men, fathers, brothers, uncles, sons, grandfathers etc. who he has not met and who he doesn't know and insulting them all in one fell swoop.

Only thing it proves is you are a bigoted & obnoxious...
    edited August 2017 electrosoft
  • Reply 8 of 12
    sog35 said:
    glynh said:
    sog35 said:
    Just proves there are tens of millions of low lifes who are willing to pay $100 to watch this pathetic life form run around in a ring
    And there you have it folks. The great Sog35 passing judgement on millions of boys, men, fathers, brothers, uncles, sons, grandfathers etc. who he has not met and who he doesn't know and insulting them all in one fell swoop.

No.

Willfully supporting this criminal with your money is pathetic.  And not just any criminal.  But a criminal who has BEATEN WOMEN. Over a DOZEN accusations. Hell he was thrown in jail because of it.  

Mayweather’s record of domestic abuse:

2001: Mayweather punches Melissa Brim, the mother of his daughter, Iyanna, in the neck during an argument over child support at a Las Vegas mall. In March 2002, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, he pleaded guilty to two counts of batteryagainst Brim and received a suspended sentence.

2003: Mayweather is accused of punching two female friends of Josie Harris, mother to three Mayweather children, at a Las Vegas nightclub and chasing them out of the club. Mayweather receives a suspended sentence after being convicted of two counts of battery,according to the Las Vegas Sun. He’s ordered to undergo “impulse control” counseling. The verdict is later vacated and the charges“dismissed per negotiations.”

2005: Mayweather stands trial for felony battery after allegedly punching and kicking Harris and dragging her out of his Bentley after she confronts him about cheating. Harris changes her story on the witness stand and says she lied to police about the fight and Mayweather’s history of abuse. Mayweather is acquitted.

2010: Mayweather and Harris have split, but she still lives in a house Mayweather owns. Mayweather confronts Harris at the house for dating NBA guard C.J. Watson. After police head off the initial fight, Mayweather returns shortly before dawn and beats Harris in the back of the head and threatens to beat his children if they call the police, according to the arrest report. In an account given to Las Vegas police, Harris’ son Koraun, then 10 years old, says, “I saw my dad was on my mom and my mom said go to the office my dad was hitting her… my dad kick my mom and he told me to go in my room.” Mayweather, who contends that he was trying to restrain Harris, is charged with multiple felonies. He pleads guilty to misdemeanor domestic assault and harassment and is sentenced to 90 days in jail, the Associated Press reported. He’s released a month early for good behavior.

And this is only abuse that has been documented. No doubt the statistics shows there were MANY other beatings this man has done.  Which have been covered up with money or more threats.

I have ZERO problem calling people who support this monster as pathetic. Because that is EXACTLY what they are. They are more concerned about being entertained then women getting beat half to death.

Exactly... Mayweather is nothing more than a domestic abuser and it saddens me that he's allowed to keep boxing with no repercussions... 
  • Reply 9 of 12
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,337member
    sog35 said:
    sog35 said:
    This loser just made $100 million for boxing for 25 minutes and can't afford Airpods? 

Mayweather actually made close to $200 million after you include PPV buys and gate money. Pretty insane really. 
    very insane.

Ok knock the insults off! Say what you want about Mayweather he deserves that. It is never ok to put your hands on women or children..period,  But you keep increasing your insults to boxing fans. That is uncalled for. You're that type of line stepper that talk and talks to see what he can get away with and then eventually gets smacked in the mouth and acts like you don't know why.  We get your point..
    electrosoft
  • Reply 10 of 12
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    jcs2305 said:
    sog35 said:
    sog35 said:

very insane.

Ok knock the insults off! Say what you want about Mayweather he deserves that. It is never ok to put your hands on women or children..period,  But you keep increasing your insults to boxing fans. That is uncalled for. You're that type of line stepper that talk and talks to see what he can get away with and then eventually gets smacked in the mouth and acts like you don't know why.  We get your point..
    I see nothing that is directed at boxers, the sport, or boxing fans.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    glynh said:
    sog35 said:

Hey, don't be sexist.  I'm sure there were some girls, women, mothers, sisters, aunts, daughters, grandmothers, etc. insulted too.