Latest Apple Park drone video shows completed Steve Jobs Theater ahead of Sept. 12 event

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 53
    boltsfan17 said:
    What do wildfires have to do with global warming? The hottest temperature record in San Francisco has nothing to do with global warming. It's not getting worse every year. The hot temperatures are from a high pressure system that was over California. That produced the high temperatures across the state. Heat waves have been happening forever in California. 
    Since you asked: "The frequency of large wildfires and the total area burned have been steadily increasing in the Western United States, with global warming being a major contributing factor."

2nd September 2017: Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti says a wildfire burning through mountains just north of downtown is the largest in city history.

As fires are connected to levels of rain, heat, dryness, plant growth and lighting strikes, all of which are connnected to the climate, then I would have thought the connection would be obvious.

https://www.nwf.org/Wildlife/Threats-to-Wildlife/Global-Warming/Global-Warming-is-Causing-Extreme-Weather/Wildfires.aspx
  • Reply 42 of 53
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    boltsfan17 said:
    What do wildfires have to do with global warming? The hottest temperature record in San Francisco has nothing to do with global warming. It's not getting worse every year. The hot temperatures are from a high pressure system that was over California. That produced the high temperatures across the state. Heat waves have been happening forever in California. 
    Since you asked: "The frequency of large wildfires and the total area burned have been steadily increasing in the Western United States, with global warming being a major contributing factor."

2nd September 2017: Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti says a wildfire burning through mountains just north of downtown is the largest in city history.

As fires are connected to levels of rain, heat, dryness, plant growth and lighting strikes, all of which are connnected to the climate, then I would have thought the connection would be obvious.

https://www.nwf.org/Wildlife/Threats-to-Wildlife/Global-Warming/Global-Warming-is-Causing-Extreme-Weather/Wildfires.aspx
    "Unnatural fuel loads" caused in part by aggressive fire control efforts in that area for the past 50 years is a major contributor to the size of the LA fires. Far too much fire fuel has been allowed to accumulate despite nature's efforts to burn if off periodically via natural-occurrence. Fires serve a valuable purpose and we tend to be much too aggressive in controlling them in woodlands IMHO.

EDIT: Sorry for adding to the off-topicality, so I'll not say more on the subject. :/
    edited September 2017
  • Reply 43 of 53
    Soli said:
    I wonder if the above ground area would be a good place for showcasing new products. Events typically start at 10am and so there would be plenty of natural light from 360° shortly after noon to make products in the cases glow. However, these plans only show that as Lobby, not an Exhibition area.

They aren't required to make it one or the other, and it's clearly going to be the primary lobby before the event, but I suspect downstairs may be too. The temporary storage area is probably where the tables or cases with products will be stored and then set up during the show so the media can see it immediately afterwards.

Perhaps controlling the light downstairs is the better option, and taking items up those two elevators may be be cumbersome since they aren't the large service elevators that located behind the stage. In fact, their circle design makes me assume they are glass. Also not the locations of the bathrooms with their dual access from the exhibit space and the auditorium, with what I assume will be an easy method for blocking access back into the exhibit area while not removing sufficient exit points in case of an emergency.

• Reply 44 of 53
    Wow you guys can get your hands on anything. Impressive.
  • Reply 45 of 53
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    While it seems like forever, this is the state of the then unnamed Steve Jobs Theater just 2 years ago.

pscooter63
  • Reply 46 of 53
  • Reply 47 of 53
    Pardon my French, but that is fucking impressive.
    I believe that's actually German.
  • Reply 48 of 53
    Pardon my French, but that is fucking impressive.
    I believe that's actually German.
    Or Austrian?¡ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That town is thinking of changing their name. They can do what they please, but I say keep it. I'm from a small town on an inland waterway known for baking, but I feel like a part of my heritage would disappear if they took away Canal Creampie.
    edited September 2017
  • Reply 49 of 53
    Having just driven around the complete exterior of Apple Park last week, these videos are about as good as it is going to get in regards to seeing anything for most folks. I was amazed at how well the whole place is hidden from the street - and as the plantings mature it will be virtually obscured.
  • Reply 50 of 53
    buzdots said:
    Having just driven around the complete exterior of Apple Park last week, these videos are about as good as it is going to get in regards to seeing anything for most folks. I was amazed at how well the whole place is hidden from the street - and as the plantings mature it will be virtually obscured.
    That was my take on it, as well, back in June just from the trees they had planted and the way they built up the dirt. If you didn't know it was a giant ring you'd think it was any ol' side of a giant office complex from the street.
  • Reply 51 of 53
    Soli said:
    I wonder if the above ground area would be a good place for showcasing new products. Events typically start at 10am and so there would be plenty of natural light from 360° shortly after noon to make products in the cases glow. However, these plans only show that as Lobby, not an Exhibition area.

They aren't required to make it one or the other, and it's clearly going to be the primary lobby before the event, but I suspect downstairs may be too. The temporary storage area is probably where the tables or cases with products will be stored and then set up during the show so the media can see it immediately afterwards.

Perhaps controlling the light downstairs is the better option, and taking items up those two elevators may be be cumbersome since they aren't the large service elevators that located behind the stage. In fact, their circle design makes me assume they are glass. Also not the locations of the bathrooms with their dual access from the exhibit space and the auditorium, with what I assume will be an easy method for blocking access back into the exhibit area while not removing sufficient exit points in case of an emergency.

I really enjoy this, thank you! 

Just an idea, they might cover the Exhibit Space with circular wall (notice the dots line around the area) before the main event and lower it down after, perhaps with auto vertical slide mechanism. This will allow public to go to restroom earlier.
    edited September 2017
  • Reply 52 of 53
    kevin kee said:
    I really enjoy this, thank you! 

Just an idea, they might cover the Exhibit Space with circular wall (notice the dots line around the area) before the main event and lower it down after, perhaps with auto vertical slide mechanism. This will allow public to go to restroom earlier.
    It's a retractable wall/curtain that keeps the exhibit space free from view until after the event.