iPhone X supply constraints limit Apple's production to less than 10,000 units per day

Comments

• Reply 21 of 60
    sog35 said:
    foggyhill said:

I've been saying this for years:

Apple should send some 'security professionals' to make a visit to Mr Kuo at his office and his home.

Of course nothing illegal or criminal.  But just to let Kuo know that Apple is watching. And make Kuo 'feel' Apple's presence.
    hahahahha

back in 2004(?) a friend of mine dropped a grand on an "AppleLoan" to get a bubble iMac. Because he was irresponsible with payments, he wound up paying around $4000 for that stupid computer… we used to get drunk and joke about a couple of thugs in blue jeans and black gap sweatshirts knocking down his door, "Mistah Jobs sent us, Mistah Jobs says you owe him money, that's big mistake buddy" and smashing his legs with baseball bats… ah memories
  • Reply 22 of 60
    sog35 said:
    My sources say otherwise.

Believe Kuo with caution.  He has been wrong about many things.

My sources said the flagship iPhone would be called iPhoneX.  I said that LAST YEAR.

My sources are saying the 'shortage' of iPhone X will be nothing unordinary.  Same shortages the iPhone 6 Plus had.

10,000 units a day is a ridiculous number, used to strike fear in Apple shareholders. IGNORE.
    I couldn't agree more.  Kuo is so full of shit as to be unnaturally brown in color, yet he is quoted so often that he is perceived, by the unenlightened, as a reliable source.  Take this "cover my ass if I'm wrong" statement: "Kuo said that ... Apple will still sell the same amount of phones, just at a later date."
  • Reply 23 of 60
    sog35 said:

My sources said the flagship iPhone would be called iPhoneX.  I said that LAST YEAR.

My sources are saying the 'shortage' of iPhone X will be nothing unordinary.  Same shortages the iPhone 6 Plus had.

10,000 units a day is a ridiculous number, used to strike fear in Apple shareholders. IGNORE.
    I couldn't agree more.  Kuo is so full of shit as to be unnaturally brown in color, yet he is quoted so often that he is perceived, by the unenlightened, as a reliable source.  Take this "cover my ass if I'm wrong" statement: "Kuo said that ... Apple will still sell the same amount of phones, just at a later date."
    This would still have effect on the stock price (since the numbers for  Q1  would be down a lot if production was that low) so his own spiel makes no sense.
    He's just full of crap and just using this last day to pull another fast one.
  • Reply 24 of 60

Rayz2016 said:
    Soli said:
    ^^^ Irony ^^^
    I'm still laughing at the idea that Sog35 has "sources". 

Can't imagine what that looks like. 
    My firm had offices in Chengdu and Beijing from 1997 through 2002, as well as a Chinese national (now a US citizen) working in my corporate office in Idaho.  Since closing those offices I have remained friends with several of my China based employees.  Since 2010 they have been providing me with information gleaned from Foxconn employees about iPhone production.

Kuo is full of excrement.
    patchythepirate
  • Reply 25 of 60
    There were reports earlier this year that Apple has ordered 40 million OLED panels from Samsung, for this year only and 160 million OLED panels throughout 2018.  So in light of that, this rumor makes no sense.  On a side note, assuming Apple has ordered that many OLED panels, I fail to see how they will sell that many at a starting price of $999.
    macplusplus
  • Reply 26 of 60
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    We are less than a day away from the big event and we have people here discussing the credibility of a bunch of reports some directly opposing others.   It is like what the hell.  The time for speculation has passed, a goods nights rest and the facts will start to reveal themselves.  

Beyond all of that people need to realize that manufacturing new products is not a case of flipping a switch, there is always a ramp up!   This is why you hear about production line starts well before a product launches.  It is as much for production line debug as it is to build launch inventory   Problems seen in these ramp ups, in most cases, don't impact mass production.  

Maybe this non sense is due to the lack of people familiar with manufacturing in the USA.   I really dont know but lets look at it this way, Apple isnt likely to launch something they know they cant produce in volume.  
    canukstormStrangeDaysradarthekatmuthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 27 of 60
    sog35 said:

You dont have any sources, stop lying. You’re untrustworthy because for months you screamed for Cook to be fired. You’re just a short-termer. 
    edited September 2017 radarthekatfastasleepwaverboy
  • Reply 28 of 60

Samsung failed in this project with its obsolete crappy OLED tech, with only 60% yield, and now is using Kuo and alikes to divert focus from itself to others. If the X doesn't sell, this is Samsung that will be harmed, not Apple.

There's no question this special phone will sell. It'll sell out on the first day.
    Let's hope so... I am not qualified to discuss philosophies of sales, I just remember the forums before and after the launch of a new MBP and I see that the enthusiasm this matter creates is as dry as a bone in the desert. Let's hope that changes after the launch.
    Huh? iphone enthusiasm is not comparable to apple notebooks. Not even close. iphone has a much great demand and sales. Every single year it sells out in minutes. There is absolutely no doubt it will be the case this year as well. 
  • Reply 29 of 60

maestro64 said:
    sog35 said:
    slurpy said:
    sog35 said:

Right. You don't have any fucking sources. "iPhoneX" was rumored a long time ago (along with other names), the X has been a monicker of a special edition or high end products since forever. Your lies and constant self-embellishment are truly embarrassing. 
    Wrong.

The last 3 months the whole tech media and tech analyst have been calling it iPhone8.  I have stuck to iPhone X since LAST YEAR.

And watch your tone. 
    Actually, when it came know there was 3rd model for 2018 the two names the rumor makers put forward was X or Pro and you were not one of the rumor makers. Then followed the Anniversary and the 8 names. Just because you like the "X"  better than any other name does not mean you new what they were going to. I am will to bet Apple had many internal discussion about what the name convention was going to be and this what we saw leaking out, the back and forth analysis was doing on the naming.
    Bingo, exactly. This guy is delusional. Same dude who reneged on his promise to self-ban after being wrong about something else. 
    radarthekatwaverboy
  • Reply 30 of 60
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Rayz2016 said:
    Soli said:
    ^^^ Irony ^^^
    I'm still laughing at the idea that Sog35 has "sources". 

Can't imagine what that looks like. 
    He got his sources from his ass.
  • Reply 31 of 60
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator
    sog35 said:
    normang said:
    I really wish these sites would ignore this guy, I don't think he has an special insight to anything.. he's like a stopped clock, he gets it right a couple times and that about it.
    Agree.

the dude has been wrong so many times, I've lost count
    Irony, I have met you at last.
    fastasleepRayz2016dsd
  • Reply 32 of 60
    wizard69 said:
    We are less than a day away from the big event and we have people here discussing the credibility of a bunch of reports some directly opposing others.   It is like what the hell.  The time for speculation has passed, a goods nights rest and the facts will start to reveal themselves.  

Beyond all of that people need to realize that manufacturing new products is not a case of flipping a switch, there is always a ramp up!   This is why you hear about production line starts well before a product launches.  It is as much for production line debug as it is to build launch inventory   Problems seen in these ramp ups, in most cases, don't impact mass production.  

Maybe this non sense is due to the lack of people familiar with manufacturing in the USA.   I really dont know but lets look at it this way, Apple isnt likely to launch something they know they cant produce in volume.  
    How is that even related to this rumor. The ramp up for this thing has already occurred, they know people will buy millions of those on day one.
    They'll sell tens of millions if they're available in the first month alone.
    They're churning out their product as fast as they can right now and likely for a long time in the future.

They may adjust what kind of product they produce according to sales volume of various options but even there they've got a clue already.

So, what on earth are you even saying.

So, why is Kuo even spreading this manure if it is pointless. It is obviously not pointless to his bottom line. That's all that really matters to him.
    That's the whole thing, he's using his meme worthy "reputation" to make a buck on something he's even less reliable on. A despicable person.
  • Reply 33 of 60
    linkmanlinkman Posts: 1,035member
    The black market for these will be huge. Who is ready to pay $3,000 and up to get one? ;)
    Yes, you will find them on eBay a few hours after availability for that absurd price. And some people will pay it. Not me.
  • Reply 34 of 60
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,337member
    Samsung failed in this project with its obsolete crappy OLED tech, with only 60% yield, and now is using Kuo and alikes to divert focus from itself to others. If the X doesn't sell, this is Samsung that will be harmed, not Apple.

There's no question this special phone will sell. It'll sell out on the first day.
    Let's hope so... I am not qualified to discuss philosophies of sales, I just remember the forums before and after the launch of a new MBP and I see that the enthusiasm this matter creates is as dry as a bone in the desert. Let's hope that changes after the launch.
    I don't see the enthusiasm for a new MBP to be on the same level as the 10th anniversary iPhone, or any new iPhone for that matter. So I wouldn't use that as a gauge of what sales for iPhone will be like. That's just my opinion..
  • Reply 35 of 60
    10,000 a day sounds like quite a lot to me!

how many 7's do they make a day?
  • Reply 36 of 60

Huh? iphone enthusiasm is not comparable to apple notebooks. Not even close. iphone has a much great demand and sales. Every single year it sells out in minutes. There is absolutely no doubt it will be the case this year as well. 
    Apple doesn't disclose sales numbers per model. You'll never know how much the X model has sold, unless you're an Apple exec. I just pointed out to the lack of enthusiasm in the forums about this model. Maybe the initial rumours about its high price had a negative effect, I don't know. What I know is yes every year it sells out in minutes and current iPhone users are very comfortable with their LCD screens, clickable Home buttons, bezels and, obviously the TouchID. iPhone 8 will be a big hit again, but not necessarily Kuo's favorite model.
    edited September 2017
  • Reply 37 of 60
    sog35 said:

maestro64 said:
    sog35 said:
    slurpy said:
    sog35 said:

Right. You don't have any fucking sources. "iPhoneX" was rumored a long time ago (along with other names), the X has been a monicker of a special edition or high end products since forever. Your lies and constant self-embellishment are truly embarrassing. 
    Wrong.

The last 3 months the whole tech media and tech analyst have been calling it iPhone8.  I have stuck to iPhone X since LAST YEAR.

And watch your tone. 
    Actually, when it came know there was 3rd model for 2018 the two names the rumor makers put forward was X or Pro and you were not one of the rumor makers. Then followed the Anniversary and the 8 names. Just because you like the "X"  better than any other name does not mean you new what they were going to. I am will to bet Apple had many internal discussion about what the name convention was going to be and this what we saw leaking out, the back and forth analysis was doing on the naming.
    Bingo, exactly. This guy is delusional. Same dude who reneged on his promise to self-ban after being wrong about something else. 
    I wasn't wrong. 

The only reason the stock didn't hit my target is because geo-political events that was beyond the control of Apple.  
    There were no qualifiers.  You said it would hit $150 and it didn't.  Ergo, you were wrong.  I've half a mind to gamble my Moderator hat on banning you myself. 
    edited September 2017 Solifastasleepdsd
  • Reply 38 of 60
    kkqd1337 said:
    10,000 a day sounds like quite a lot to me!

how many 7's do they make a day?
    To sell 75 million in the holiday quarter last year Apple had to sell an average of around 835,000 iPhones per day.  Not sure what the split was between the available for-sale models, but I'd guess they may have sold upwards of 150,000 7 Plus models per day.  That may be a low estimate.  10,000 per day, if true, would be concerning.  But rumors are often lagging what's happening today, and as another commentor here said, the 10,000 figure might have represented a point n the process of ramping to get the manufacturing process tuned.  By now the number per day being manufactured could very well be significantly higher.
  • Reply 39 of 60
    sog35 said:
    sog35 said:

You dont have any sources, stop lying. You’re untrustworthy because for months you screamed for Cook to be fired. You’re just a short-termer. 
    I said to fire Cook if he didn't improve.

He did.
    Haha you don’t care about Tim Cook, all you care about is the stock price. If the stock wasn’t near record highs you’d be screaming about all the reasons Cook needs to be fired.
  • Reply 40 of 60
    I have a sense Kuo will come back with a statement noting that he meant 10,000 per hour, not per day.  Or that it's running on 20 different production lines, at 10k per line per day.  Apple wouldn't be releasing a new iPhone if they could only get 10k per day total - unless that was day one of production with daily increases by some significant factor each day, that started 30 days ago.