iPhone X supply constraints limit Apple's production to less than 10,000 units per day

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 60
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    I've just heard from my sources that Apple is holding an event tomorrow where they are likely to announce new products.
    anantksundaramdsdasdasd
  • Reply 42 of 60
    I have a sense Kuo will come back with a statement noting that he meant 10,000 per hour, not per day.  Or that it's running on 20 different production lines, at 10k per line per day.  Apple wouldn't be releasing a new iPhone if they could only get 10k per day total - unless that was day one of production with daily increases by some significant factor each day, that started 30 days ago.
    That would come out to 87.6 million per year. That seems more reasonable, but assumes a constant or average. Given what we know about LED-based technology have very low yield rates for a given quantity and high cost for good quality displays I don't think it's unreasonable to think that they could start with 10k per day to start.

Also consider that Apple isn't unfamiliar with seemingly low-yield products. How many AirPods were they making per day that they were 6 weeks late to market and still 1–2 weeks between order and shipping. And the Mac Pro, likely it's lowest yield product line by a large margin, I think technically make its initial ship date for a few lucky ones but with other pre-orders taking weeks to months to get.

There's a lot of uncharted territory with the engineering, materials, and technologies used with this rumoured high-end iPhone so I can see how this might happen and why the rumoured high price tag could be correct.
  • Reply 43 of 60
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    sog35 said:

maestro64 said:
    sog35 said:
    slurpy said:
    sog35 said:
    My sources say otherwise.

Believe Kuo with caution.  He has been wrong about many things.

My sources said the flagship iPhone would be called iPhoneX.  I said that LAST YEAR.

My sources are saying the 'shortage' of iPhone X will be nothing unordinary.  Same shortages the iPhone 6 Plus had.

10,000 units a day is a ridiculous number, used to strike fear in Apple shareholders. IGNORE.

Right. You don't have any fucking sources. "iPhoneX" was rumored a long time ago (along with other names), the X has been a monicker of a special edition or high end products since forever. Your lies and constant self-embellishment are truly embarrassing. 
    Wrong.

The last 3 months the whole tech media and tech analyst have been calling it iPhone8.  I have stuck to iPhone X since LAST YEAR.

And watch your tone. 
    Actually, when it came know there was 3rd model for 2018 the two names the rumor makers put forward was X or Pro and you were not one of the rumor makers. Then followed the Anniversary and the 8 names. Just because you like the "X"  better than any other name does not mean you new what they were going to. I am will to bet Apple had many internal discussion about what the name convention was going to be and this what we saw leaking out, the back and forth analysis was doing on the naming.
    Bingo, exactly. This guy is delusional. Same dude who reneged on his promise to self-ban after being wrong about something else. 
    I wasn't wrong. 

The only reason the stock didn't hit my target is because geo-political events that was beyond the control of Apple.  
    You were fcking wrong many times. One of them that you bet on Apple releasing a device called "iEntertainmentCenter" crap 2 years ago and lost to me for a month self ban but I forgave you...
    Soli
  • Reply 44 of 60
    kkqd1337 said:
    10,000 a day sounds like quite a lot to me!

how many 7's do they make a day?
    To sell 75 million in the holiday quarter last year Apple had to sell an average of around 835,000 iPhones per day.  Not sure what the split was between the available for-sale models, but I'd guess they may have sold upwards of 150,000 7 Plus models per day.  That may be a low estimate.  10,000 per day, if true, would be concerning.  But rumors are often lagging what's happening today, and as another commentor here said, the 10,000 figure might have represented a point n the process of ramping to get the manufacturing process tuned.  By now the number per day being manufactured could very well be significantly higher.
    Wow! 835,000 per day! every day. Thats amazing.
    neil anderson
  • Reply 45 of 60
    kkqd1337 said:
    kkqd1337 said:
    10,000 a day sounds like quite a lot to me!

how many 7's do they make a day?
    To sell 75 million in the holiday quarter last year Apple had to sell an average of around 835,000 iPhones per day.  Not sure what the split was between the available for-sale models, but I'd guess they may have sold upwards of 150,000 7 Plus models per day.  That may be a low estimate.  10,000 per day, if true, would be concerning.  But rumors are often lagging what's happening today, and as another commentor here said, the 10,000 figure might have represented a point n the process of ramping to get the manufacturing process tuned.  By now the number per day being manufactured could very well be significantly higher.
    Wow! 835,000 per day! every day. Thats amazing.
    Gruber suggested more like a million per day. He had a nice breakdown on production rates and pricing tiers between the X and 8 models: https://daringfireball.net/2017/07/speculation_on_new_iphone_pricing
  • Reply 46 of 60
    The whole thing is a bit ridiculous since what happens at the end is final assembly and any troublesome component has undoubtedly been stockpiled so 
  • Reply 47 of 60
    Now we’re getting daily pronouncements from Kuo? Good grief.
    His relevance hit rock bottom with the iOS 11 leak. Can't compete with that.
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 48 of 60
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    sog35 said:

maestro64 said:
    sog35 said:
    slurpy said:
    sog35 said:

My sources said the flagship iPhone would be called iPhoneX.  I said that LAST YEAR.

My sources are saying the 'shortage' of iPhone X will be nothing unordinary.  Same shortages the iPhone 6 Plus had.

10,000 units a day is a ridiculous number, used to strike fear in Apple shareholders. IGNORE.

Right. You don't have any fucking sources. "iPhoneX" was rumored a long time ago (along with other names), the X has been a monicker of a special edition or high end products since forever. Your lies and constant self-embellishment are truly embarrassing. 
    Wrong.

The last 3 months the whole tech media and tech analyst have been calling it iPhone8.  I have stuck to iPhone X since LAST YEAR.

And watch your tone. 
    Actually, when it came know there was 3rd model for 2018 the two names the rumor makers put forward was X or Pro and you were not one of the rumor makers. Then followed the Anniversary and the 8 names. Just because you like the "X"  better than any other name does not mean you new what they were going to. I am will to bet Apple had many internal discussion about what the name convention was going to be and this what we saw leaking out, the back and forth analysis was doing on the naming.
    Bingo, exactly. This guy is delusional. Same dude who reneged on his promise to self-ban after being wrong about something else. 
    I wasn't wrong. 

The only reason the stock didn't hit my target is because geo-political events that was beyond the control of Apple.  
    A good investor takes external factors into account when making decisions. You are not a good investor. That is why you were wrong. And the fact that you cannot own your mistakes means you won't learn from them, so you will never be a good investor. 
    Soli
  • Reply 49 of 60
    sog35 said:
    sog35 said:

You dont have any sources, stop lying. You’re untrustworthy because for months you screamed for Cook to be fired. You’re just a short-termer. 
    I said to fire Cook if he didn't improve.

He did.
    A number of people have already posted details of your whining from last year that proves this wasn't the case. 

Do you know why people seem to get angry with you around here? It's not the lying: it's the transparency of the lies.

When you post untruths that are so simple to disprove, people get annoyed. People think, "Does he think we're stupid? Does he think I'm that dumb that I'll believe his Walter Mitty fabrications?"

It's like you're calling people stupid to their face. I think that's why they get annoyed. 
    fastasleep
  • Reply 50 of 60
    Rayz2016 said:
    sog35 said:

maestro64 said:
    sog35 said:
    slurpy said:
    sog35 said:

Wrong.

And watch your tone. 
    I wasn't wrong. 

A good investor takes external factors into account when making decisions. You are not a good investor. That is why you were wrong. And the fact that you cannot own your mistakes means you won't learn from them, so you will never be a good investor. 
    Keep in mind he wanted Cook fired and Bezos to take over.
    fastasleep
  • Reply 51 of 60
    sog35 said:
    fallenjt said:
    sog35 said:

maestro64 said:
    sog35 said:
    slurpy said:
    sog35 said:

Wrong.

And watch your tone. 
    I wasn't wrong. 

You were fcking wrong many times. One of them that you bet on Apple releasing a device called "iEntertainmentCenter" crap 2 years ago and lost to me for a month self ban but I forgave you...
    I predicted a HomeHub in 2014.

I was right.....3 years later.  Apple turned the device I envisioned into 2 seperate devices - AppleTV and HomePod.

So they didn't release a HomeHub, so you were, once again, wrong. 

Your track record is worse than Kuo's, but at least he doesn't suggest that the world's largest tech company should start behaving like the Yakuza, and at least no one is paying you. 

Seriously man, seek help. 
    edited September 2017 fastasleep
  • Reply 52 of 60
    sog35 said:

maestro64 said:
    sog35 said:
    slurpy said:
    sog35 said:

Wrong.

And watch your tone. 
    I wasn't wrong. 

Textbook example of moving the goal posts.
    fastasleep
  • Reply 53 of 60
    Come on people. Your all cogs in the Apple propaganda and or sales machine. 
  • Reply 54 of 60
    Looking over the Pond from Australia , i find it very hard to fathom that Apple in all its glory will have very short stock, of a phone they know people are going to pre-order.  Either way ill be ordering the premium model.
  • Reply 55 of 60
    tshapi said:
    Come on people. Your all cogs in the Apple propaganda and or sales machine. 
    Propaganda is when you have no alternate source for info and cannot know truth from fiction and thus eventually be gaslighted in accepting an alternate reality as truth (usually done through tight control of the media) but can be made by making every source of info seem untrustworthy and thus leaving the state as sole source of "truth" (that's the Russia way of doing things, also seen in the whole right wing / Trump push for declaring everything "false news").

,So, in brief, get a clue.

At most, it would be PR; using others, and the media to do the selling (if its not merely a whole mess leaks).

Considering it crapped over their presentation tomorrow, it would be the most senseless use of PR ever; so, I'm pretty sure Apple did not do it voluntarily.

• Reply 56 of 60
    sog35 said:
    Rayz2016 said:
    sog35 said:

maestro64 said:
    sog35 said:
    slurpy said:
    sog35 said:

Wrong.

And watch your tone. 
    I wasn't wrong. 

wrong. A good investor knows that there are many things that are beyond their control and beyond their ability to predict.

There was no way anyone knew the geo-political mess that happened in 2016. 

So are you telling me WARREN BUFFET was a bad investor because he didn't see the market CRASH in 2008?  Hell no.  This just shows me you know nothing about investing. There are so many geo-political and market wide economics that happen that no one can foresee.  
    Yes, Sog, and that is precisely why you're such a bad investor (worst I've ever seen anyway). You make a prediction without taking external factors into account. You don't even take into account that there will BE external factors. 

No analyst worth a penny will ever try to tell someone that a stock price will hit a certain price by a certain date.  Anyone who does that has no business messing about with stocks and shares. 

Buffet doesn't have to predict external volitilies because he is a wise man who invests carefully and maintains a diverse portfolio with a long term view … unlike you. 

Saying you were right because you couldn't predict what happened is stupid. If you had a clue what you were doing you wouldn't have made the prediction in the first place. 

But you don't have a clue. 
    So you made the prediction. 
    And you were still wrong. 
    Soli
  • Reply 57 of 60
    Rayz2016 said:
    sog35 said:
    Rayz2016 said:
    sog35 said:

maestro64 said:
    sog35 said:
    slurpy said:
    sog35 said:

Wrong.

And watch your tone. 
    I wasn't wrong. 

wrong. A good investor knows that there are many things that are beyond their control and beyond their ability to predict.

So are you telling me WARREN BUFFET was a bad investor because he didn't see the market CRASH in 2008?  Hell no.  This just shows me you know nothing about investing. There are so many geo-political and market wide economics that happen that no one can foresee.  
    Yes, Sog, and that is precisely why you're such a bad investor (worst I've ever seen anyway). You make a prediction without taking external factors into account. You don't even take into account that there will BE external factors. 

No analyst worth a penny will ever try to tell someone that a stock price will hit a certain price by a certain date.  Anyone who does that has no business messing about with stocks and shares. 

Buffet doesn't have to predict external volitilies because he is a wise man who invests carefully and maintains a diverse portfolio with a long term view … unlike you. 

Saying you were right because you couldn't predict what happened is stupid. If you had a clue what you were doing you wouldn't have made the prediction in the first place. 

Do you remember when Buffet said Cook should be fired when the market was in a downturn? Do you remember Buffet saying that Bezos should leave Amazon and run Apple? Do you remember anything from Buffet about guessing price points and capacities of unannounced iPhones which he kept changing every hour? Can you even recall a single time Buffet looked at the market as a short-term endeavour that directly affected his emotional state based on a company being up or down on a given day? I can't say yes to any of those things.
    Rayz2016
  • Reply 58 of 60
    Soli said:
    Rayz2016 said:
    sog35 said:
    Rayz2016 said:
    sog35 said:

maestro64 said:
    sog35 said:
    slurpy said:
    sog35 said:

Wrong.

And watch your tone. 
    I wasn't wrong. 

Do you remember when Buffet said Cook should be fired when the market was in a downturn? Do you remember Buffet saying that Bezos should leave Amazon and run Apple? Do you remember anything from Buffet about guessing price points and capacities of unannounced iPhones which he kept changing every hour? Can you even recall a single time Buffet looked at the market as a short-term endeavour that directly affected his emotional state based on a company being up or down on a given day? I can't say yes to any of those things.
    There you have it: the mark of a short-term thinker. A dip in the share price and the short-termer panics and begins to suggest things that will make things worse over the longer term.
  • Reply 59 of 60
    Rayz2016 said:
    Soli said:
    There you have it: the mark of a short-term thinker. A dip in the share price and the short-termer panics and begins to suggest things that will make things worse over the longer term.
    Best advice my father ever gave me: You never make or lose money in the stock market until you sell.