Apple suppliers now prepping AMD Vega video cards for upcoming iMac Pro

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    ...having lived with a 40" 4k display @ 110dpi (to match 27") for the better part of a year I would find 27" anything tough to go back to, and hope Apple offers a true upgrade from the 30" Cinema 2560x1600 which I really enjoyed...
    <p>
    To me that might look like a 40" 8K retina display, and perhaps a 40" 8K chinless retina iMac. Beyond that (I tried a 43") I hit the limits of desktop ergonomics, at least for me...
  • Reply 22 of 24
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,810member
    Rayz2016 said:
    macxpress said:
    Rayz2016 said:
    I hope that everyone that takes to the forums to bemoan the lack of professional mac will step up and buy this iMac Pro. 

No, they’ll find something else to complain about, namely the price:

”Whhhhhaaat?? I can build a PC with…”

You get the picture. 
    Or the fact that you can't upgrade anything so its not truly a Pro Mac. This is why you buy as much as you can afford. 
    Or is it the fact that you have a very narrow definition of ‘pro’. For me, a pro machine is one that I use for work. 
    I was going along with your post...I wasn't saying that. I was saying this is what others will say/think. I'm not a pro so I'm not going to act like I know what Pros want. The term Pro is in my opinion, a vague term anyways. Some can get away with using a low end 27" iMac and others may need a high-end Mac Pro. Others, I believe just think they need some really high end Mac when in fact they can get away with a mid to high end iMac. 

I do wonder how many "pros" want a Mac that you can swap things out? How many of the Pro field really think this is important when selecting a computer to use? Is it 5% of Pro users? 50%? 1%? It's really hard to gauge because those who as passionate about what they want (or need) are vocal so it may just seem like this is what pro users want when in fact in the end its just a very small amount of users that want this. 
    GG1
  • Reply 23 of 24
    tipootipoo Posts: 1,142member
    Any word on mobile vega supplies for a 2018 rMBP 15 update? 
  • Reply 24 of 24
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    tipoo said:
    Any word on mobile vega supplies for a 2018 rMBP 15 update? 
    Too early to tell.

I think if Vega is included in the MBP will be decided by how well/good eGPU support comes out in the spring.