Samsung looks to reinvent Apple's Genius Bar with WeWork 'care centers'

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    They're going to discover that it's not the easiest thing in the world to do. If it was, they would have already done it. Years ago.
    Yup...I bet to them this sounds like a great idea, but in the end, I bet it ends up being a disaster for them because either way too many customers will be coming in, or not enough will come in. 

I think its safe to say Apple Retail Stores have never been the same since the Genius Bar has gained so much traction and even Apple I think has a harder time organizing this properly (whatever that may be in the end). 

To me...I see this as more of just sitting in a waiting room while my car gets worked on at the stealership. 
    randominternetpersondewmewatto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 31
    wlymwlym Posts: 102member
    Samsung Care Centres won't suffer the same annoying delays as Apple's genius bar appointments because Samsung stores aren't full of people buying stuff. 
    GG1SpamSandwichRayz2016watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 31
    NY1822NY1822 Posts: 621member
    they forgot to add "and customers will feel like a circus display act as customers view them in the glass encasing while they point at them and take pictures"
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 31
    Good luck with that. Will they have 10 story buildings just for there  we work centers? That's what they will need to house so many customers waiting for service. Great if you only have one customer but I'm afraid the reality is there will be many, many, many more than that. Reality will hit them hard and fast and this idea will go up in smoke or more like a big nuclear bomb!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 31
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    wlym said:
    Samsung Care Centres won't suffer the same annoying delays as Apple's genius bar appointments because Samsung stores aren't full of people buying stuff. 
    People buying things at the Apple Store aren't delaying Genius Bar appointments. 
    80s_Apple_Guy
  • Reply 26 of 31

PS : I started with a Mac in 1992 for magazine publishing and currently use an iMac, iPad, iPhone and Apple Watch 3... and have never needed a single Apple item to be 'serviced' in 25 years.
    Impressive...and that has been my experience, too. My GF works for a high school that is trading in really old Windows PC's for Chromebooks. They have 2 IT people for the whole district. She says, she can never get one to her classroom to help. Sad. :)
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 31
    what an original idea, innovators they are...
    edited October 2017 watto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 31
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,356member
    I have no problem with Samsung copying one of Apple's excellent customer service models. It's a win for consumers, raises the bar, and keeps Apple on its toes. Samsung is still way behind on the total customer experience and I'd bet that the customer lifetime value (CLV) that Apple enjoys with its customers is something that Samsung (and others) can only dream of. Apple's lead in this area is baked into its culture and rooted in the essence of why Apple does what it does rather than what Apple does. Samsung just doesn't get it.

The real point here is that Samsung is trying to come up with a solution around what to do for waiting customers that have appointments but are queued up for an extended period of time. Giving them a temporary work space and juice infused water is okay, I guess, disregarding the additional bathroom visits that this will trigger. Practically speaking however, nothing they do with desks and juice infused water is going to have a material impact on customer experience. It's a queuing/scheduling problem and is more directly related to the number of available staff, the competency of the staff, the time staff needs to resolve customer issues, and of course the arrival rate of customers requiring assistance. Changing those factors in a positive way is going to provide a much larger impact on reducing wait times than will trying to compensate for expanding queues by allowing queued customers to sit in a booth and drink juice infused water. In other words, try to treat the real problems rather than just mitigate the symptoms and side effects. 
  • Reply 29 of 31
    I take a time off from work to NOT work. I guess there will be a fraction of their customer who needs it. The question is how many will actually use it? And since most Android users are going for cheaper phones, the picture on this articles doesn’t quite fit the profile of most Samsung customer IMHO. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 31
    Quote: "Service is a hassle. I know I'm going to have to take time out of my day to do it," McConnell said.

Yeh man, that's partly why Apple is so successful... 'servicing' is required so infrequently, time-outs needn't be factored into schedules!

PS : I started with a Mac in 1992 for magazine publishing and currently use an iMac, iPad, iPhone and Apple Watch 3... and have never needed a single Apple item to be 'serviced' in 25 years.
    I've been using Apple since 85' and I have had to use the Genius Bar on several occasions. Always excellent help that knows what they're doing, maybe a few min late at most and always leave satisfied. That's why even though I don't always like everything Apple does every piece on computing and phone hardware I buy comes from them. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 31
    larryjwlarryjw Posts: 1,031member
    As Apple gets rid of the Genius Bar, Samsung tries to emulate it. 

At minumum, Samsung is late to the game.