'iPhone SE 2' production rumored to begin soon, ship in May or June

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    As a budget phone SE2, I think Apple will only include the A10, 2GB, 7's - cameras and the same home button and screen resolution as the 1st gen SE.  All the rest of the iPhones will have edge to edge screen, face id, 3GB RAM and an A12 SoC.
    edited January 2018
  • Reply 22 of 27
    Most likely the iPhone 5 body with iPhone 8 internals.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,322member
    cornchip said:
    ksec said:
    I slightly worried Apple may push the SE2 into 4.7" Screen Size.

If Apple is upping the Max Screen Size, it may likely lift its bottom screen size as well.
    Would be a shame to lose the 4in option, but that does seem to be the direction the market is going..
    Going or pushed?

Look at phone makers numbers especially Apple. Sales growth has flattened, accounts growth has not. Which suggests since the 4.7inch model become the smallest feature phone and still missed out on features of the plus people have been holding on to older phones for longer. They pretty much admitted as much with the first SE launch.

If the market was really going that way people wouldn't be holding out.
    I could see two different answers here an SE type product to that could be 4.7 and a X type phone with the size and usability of the 5s.
    That would be very telling of where the market wants to head.

curtis hannah
  • Reply 24 of 27
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    I like my SE design just fine. The one thing I don't like is the 16GB of storage I have. Nowhere near enough for todays uses. Upgrading storage on an Apple device has, in terms of price, always been extortionate.
    Bring memory upgrade prices down to realistic levels. Either that or include a microSD card expansion port (hahahaha.. it's Apple... not a chance!)
    No need for wireless charging. Upgrade the camera, processor and screen. Keep the standard headphone jack. That will do thanks.
    edited January 2018
  • Reply 25 of 27
    mimac said:
    I like my SE design just fine. The one thing I don't like is the 16GB of storage I have. Nowhere near enough for todays uses. Upgrading storage on an Apple device has, in terms of price, always been extortionate.
    Bring memory upgrade prices down to realistic levels. Either that or include a microSD card expansion port (hahahaha.. it's Apple... not a chance!)
    No need for wireless charging. Upgrade the camera, processor and screen. Keep the standard headphone jack. That will do thanks.
    This use to be true, but now base model iPhones come with 64GB(base price is too high, but that’s another story) and upgrade to 256GB for $150, that is a lot of storage that most smartphones still don’t offer, for a good price.
    Also the SE right now is $350 for 32GB or $450 for 128GB, just as good a deal IMO, I assume they might do the 64/256GB thing with the SE2 as well with the base price $400.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    If it'll be an affordable Face ID iPhone, it might be a huge hit. When the original SE came, it was matching the flagship models in many regards.