Small number of iPhone X users screens not waking quick enough to field phone calls

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 38
    ivanhivanh Posts: 597member
    ivanh said:
    “SMALL NUMBER”?  800+ is a small number? Up to 4th Feb 2018, there were over 800 iPhone X users complaining.  
    Compared to 20+ million phones, 1000 users is 0.05 percent of all iPhone X users.

So, yes, that's a small number. It is perilously close to insignificant, as failures go, in fact.
    Great. Even if these phones explore and on fire?  The title emphases on numbers, not percentage.
  • Reply 22 of 38
    What about your iPhone has 800 bright dots on the screen, after being used only for a month? Is that a small numbers?
    what about you have 800 cancer cells on your retina? Still small numbers?
    re-think!
  • Reply 23 of 38
    What do you know about zero-defect? And six-sigma?  How many sigma is 0.05%. Is 800+ equivalent to zero- defect?  Is “small numbers” adequate to be proud of zero-defect replacement standard by Apple?
  • Reply 24 of 38
    k2kw said:
    iPhone has had more quality issues with each new generation. Now it can’t even be used as a phone? What am I supposed to buy to replace my 5s when it’s no longer supported? A Samsung and a fire extinguisher? Apple should stop redesigning the iPhone every year, and work on perfecting it instead.
    I've had this problem a coupe time my ATT ipHone 8Plus.   Never  had the problem with iPhone 5S or SE on same network.  I thought maybe it was due to intel modem,
    but I can't afford switching to new model on either Sprint or Verizon (which hopefully had QualComm modem).

Edit: already have a iPhone 7Plus on Verizon.
    I find it odd that someone will complain about an apple phone and at the same time has no problem with two misspellings in his two sentence comment even though apple has spell check available.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 38
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    ivanh said:
    What do you know about zero-defect? And six-sigma?  How many sigma is 0.05%. Is 800+ equivalent to zero- defect?  Is “small numbers” adequate to be proud of zero-defect replacement standard by Apple?
    Based on your exploding phones, "cancer cells on the retina" and "pixels on the iPhone X screen" analogies -- I know more than you do about the "Six Sigma" approach.

And, for the record, it's about 4 sigma. There's no "pride" here, it is not my company, nor did I have anything to do with the phone's design or production.

Regarding your In your example about the cancer cells, the unit is one human eye, not by cells. So, the defect rate would be 50% in one human, and 0.5/7 billion if it was a unique case. The pixels on the iPhone screen would be a 1 in 20 million failure rate, assuming it was unique. You're using the wrong unit in your comparisons.

Your post history here... isn't great, with a history of deleted posts for trolling, baseless accusations, and a refusal to engage in meaningful discussion. Your opinions are important, but be mindful of their expression. Might want to take a minute and re-read the commenting guidelines.
    edited February 2018 zoetmbwatto_cobramuthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 26 of 38
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,879member
    iPhone has had more quality issues with each new generation. Now it can’t even be used as a phone? What am I supposed to buy to replace my 5s when it’s no longer supported? A Samsung and a fire extinguisher? Apple should stop redesigning the iPhone every year, and work on perfecting it instead.
    Yeah that’s nonsense. I actually used to get a bug very similar to this years back on older iphones. Havent seen it since tho, so your panic is ill placed. 

Apple doesnt redesign the phone every year, remember? Apple gets haters complaining about it not changing enough each year. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 38

ivanh said:
    “SMALL NUMBER”?  800+ is a small number? Up to 4th Feb 2018, there were over 800 iPhone X users complaining.  
    Please stop. You’re being ridiculous. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 38

crowley said:
    Do you know what really helps to placate people having problems?  Telling them they're insignificant.
    So are you perosnally having this problem? Or, are you just making noise because Apple. I’m betting the latter. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 38
    ivanh said:
    ivanh said:
    Compared to 20+ million phones, 1000 users is 0.05 percent of all iPhone X users.

So, yes, that's a small number. It is perilously close to insignificant, as failures go, in fact.
    Great. Even if these phones explore and on fire?  The title emphases on numbers, not percentage.
    No it doesn’t. Numbers can be small, and percentages can be small. This is such a low percentage it’s clearly small. 

It doesn’t affect you in any way. So so why are you complaining? What is your agenda?
    edited February 2018 watto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 38

ivanh said:
    What about your iPhone has 800 bright dots on the screen, after being used only for a month? Is that a small numbers?
    what about you have 800 cancer cells on your retina? Still small numbers?
    re-think!
    OK now this is just the stupidest shit I’ve ever seen. What if you had 800 children? Clearly numbers are relative and the context of sample size matters. “But cancer!”
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 38
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,360member
    No, Henny Penny, the sky isn't falling. Get a grip.

LOL, didn't see Lkrupp's post.
    edited February 2018 watto_cobra
  • Reply 32 of 38

irnchriz said:
    I have had this on my other iPhones but not my X.  Happens once in a blue moon, the screen lights up but I can't interact with it to answer the call.  And by once in a blue moon Im talking maybe 3 or four times in the last 10 years.
    It's happened a couple of times very recently to my 5s, but I attribute that to running 11.x on it and possibly to a very bad battery. It's been very slow across the board since going to 11 (insert Spinal Tap joke here) and I hope a fresh battery mitigates that some.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 33 of 38

wood1208 said:
    Probably Qualcomm modem.
    I hope it doesn't turn out be be phones in which Apple has reduced the modem speed for parity. Of course, it would be anything from processing the incoming call to the rest of the phone on time, to something driving the screen that fails to respond in time.

I'm sure Apple will fix it, but no telling if we'll ever know the exact problem.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 34 of 38
    eriamjheriamjh Posts: 1,644member
     I may have had this problem with my iPhone 7+. I always attributed missing calls to AT&T’s shitty network   
  • Reply 35 of 38
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,065member
    What I find interesting is that there are people that actually answer phone calls. Who knew?
    macxpress
  • Reply 36 of 38
    My issue might be related; my calls ring on my Apple Watch, and if I do not recognize the caller, I reject it on the Watch.  However the phone will sometimes continue to ring on the Watch.  Conversely, if I answer the phone, the Watch will continue to ring.  But not all the time.  This morning, a crank call came to my Watch, and when I hit the Reject button on the Watch, the ringing stopped like it was supposed to.
  • Reply 37 of 38
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    eightzero said:
    What I find interesting is that there are people that actually answer phone calls. Who knew?
    I know right! I usually let most go to voicemail first so I know why they're calling in the first place. lol 
  • Reply 38 of 38
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,399member
    Anything this complicated will have bugs, however, the percentage is lower than the expected failure rate of any device.
    Considering that this fault will be patched with a software update very shortly and doesn't happen every time to the affected people, I don't a see the issue.