Apple's 2019 Mac Pro: eight things we want to see

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 63
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    bitmod said:

It's like the tech' press have collective amnesia...and especially Apple.  Phil was there...right with Steve...and he doesn't know what Apple's core base is anymore?

And I thought Gibson Guitars was in trouble.  At least Apple has 250 Billion in the bank...

Lemon Bon Bon.
    No, they know full well what Apple's "core base" is, and it isn't Mac tower users and hasn't been for a very long time.
    Hubris took them down before, what makes you think it won’t happen again?
    It may, but it won't be because they are ignoring "pros." There are 20 or so iPhone users to every Mac user, and the "pro" market is very, very generously 10 percent of the Mac market, and has been thus for over a decade.
  • Reply 62 of 63
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member
    jazzyswan said:
    My points are being made based on experience, and both quoters are correct. The definition of a professional isn’t just the big name at Pixar but also the pros that make a solid living in this new “gig economy”. You can google me, Glenn Swan, to verify that I am a music business professional in the true sense of the old school definition of “professional” as well as the new school version. 

I decided I’m going to buy one of the new Thunderbolt Mac Mini’s fully loaded and see how it holds up to having it’s power put to the test. Maybe it will make it so that whenever that never coming Mac Pro finally shows up, I can say no need for it. However, I am also that guy u mentioned who wants what he wants LoL 

take care guys !!
    The iMac and MBP was obviously suitable for gig economy pros since many of them had them.  The only Pro's without a suitable Mac was the higher end ones that could afford a $15K+ machine.

The mini is a great machine for Pros but the constant whining in this forum about the price leads me to believe that folks will simply whine regardless of what Apple does.
  • Reply 63 of 63
    It’s only 1 Monitor now, I used to have them stacked with Vega mount