Apple and the aggressive rollout of its iPhone XS vision for the future

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 42
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,703member
    lewchenko said:
    The only aggressive thing I'm seeing here is the pricing changes in the last 2years. And not in a good way. Aggressive as in it will seriously hurt your wealth.

Especially in non US markets..

But it will line the pockets of Apple I guess..

These days £750/£800 (128Gb) gets you a mid range low res , XR edition. 2 years ago that was top end pricing.

Now top end (XS Max with 256GB) since there is no 128GB is £1249

I think I paid about £800 for my 7Plus 128Gb which was also pricey at the time. Going to an equivalent XS Max for the big screen is a £450 premium. Laughable. 

The increase is shocking. Quite disgusting. 

I'm not complaining because I couldn't afford to buy it.. I could. It's about value. And not wanting to be taken for a mug. 

Really not liking where Apple is going these days.
    You need to get over it mate. You aren't the target demographic for these new models.  Apple changed the game with the X showing the iPhone is the mobile for the top 10%. If you can't afford it then it's not Tim Cook's fault, rather your life choices.  I work in the City and earn a good £150K (minus bonus) a year min.  We are the type of people Tim wants to sell to, not the middle anymore. It's aspirational mate to get people like you off your butt and earning more!  I've already ordered a gold 512GB XS MAX with a series 4 Hermes Apple Watch. It's almost £3K but can I afford it? Yes! If you don't like it buy a Moto G5, it's a mobile for your class of person.
    'Not to the middle anymore'?

Then why do the 7 and 8 series continue in the lineup?

I have a friend, also in the City, earning £500,000 a year basic salary. He earned far more as an independent but prefers a non mobile position. He doesn't own an iPhone or a high end Android. It has nothing to do with 'life choices'. People also buy expensive phones on average salaries. It's a personal decision. Price is a factor but life choices don't come into it.