How dual-SIM works with Apple's iPhone XS & XS Max

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    tokyojimu said:
    For most people then, the best option will be to have a nano-SIM primary.

I say the opposite. There's no way I'm getting off the plane in Myanmar and signing up with a carrier through e-SIM. I think it's more likely I'll have my U.S. carrier through an e-SIM so I can throw in any old nano-SIM I pick up along the road.

(No way to get my cursor out of this quote block. Grrrr!)
    Yeah, that's the way I see myself using it too.  My question is, how will carrier locking work with the dual SIMs?  If I buy an AT&T phone and put my AT&T number on the eSIM, will I be able to use a local SIM for data overseas, or will the nano SIM slot be carrier-locked to AT&T as well?  I know I can just buy an unlocked phone and be free of AT&T's corporate shackles from the start, but some folks may prefer their financing and upgrade plans.
  • Reply 42 of 44
    Stupid Q, but where do I insert the second sim? The sim card piece can only take one :)
  • Reply 43 of 44
    Stupid Q, but where do I insert the second sim? The sim card piece can only take one :)
    The second SIM is an eSIM, no card to insert or remove (with the exception of the model for China where the single SIM tray can take a card on both sides).