Rematch: iPhone XS versus Samsung Galaxy Note 9 for 'Fortnite' gaming

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    melgross said:
    melgross said:
    melgross said:
    And this is why a new device, of the same size, needs to be compared to a new device.
    "Need" is a strong word. This is not a laboratory experiment; it's comparing popular consumer devices, which is always fun even were I to grab my Mapple devices from various generations and put them through their paces. The articles note the differences in hardware and release date, so it's not disingenuous to compare them.
    Need is correct. What’s the point of comparing a new device that just became available to a device that will be discontinued in few weeks? Precisely since these two devices aren’t comparable in size? It’s disingenuous because many people don’t get the distinction. They’ll read that, and then forget it, only remembering which device was “best”. 
    I understand your viewpoint but do not concur; this is a tech-geek site, and rare would be the visitor to be caught unawares and only remember a "best designation." I also must retain my quibble with "need." They must not have needed to do the comparison you suggested, because they didn't and nothing bad happened. "Should" would be more accurate, though I would still be cantankerous and disagree.
    It’s amazing how wrong that it.
    Hey, I'm an amazing guy!
  • Reply 22 of 25
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    melgross said:
    melgross said:
    melgross said:
    And this is why a new device, of the same size, needs to be compared to a new device.
    "Need" is a strong word. This is not a laboratory experiment; it's comparing popular consumer devices, which is always fun even were I to grab my Mapple devices from various generations and put them through their paces. The articles note the differences in hardware and release date, so it's not disingenuous to compare them.
    Need is correct. What’s the point of comparing a new device that just became available to a device that will be discontinued in few weeks? Precisely since these two devices aren’t comparable in size? It’s disingenuous because many people don’t get the distinction. They’ll read that, and then forget it, only remembering which device was “best”. 
    I understand your viewpoint but do not concur; this is a tech-geek site, and rare would be the visitor to be caught unawares and only remember a "best designation." I also must retain my quibble with "need." They must not have needed to do the comparison you suggested, because they didn't and nothing bad happened. "Should" would be more accurate, though I would still be cantankerous and disagree.
    It’s amazing how wrong that it.
    Hey, I'm an amazing guy!
    Most likely.
    king editor the grate
  • Reply 23 of 25
    Speakers are definitely louder and crisper on the iPhone Xs aye?

Let me guess, you didn't have Dolby Atmos turned? I thought so.

https://youtu.be/jLNTNQ3X2nA

As you can see, it's quite the opposite.

What did you expect, that Harmon Kardon (owned by Samsung) with AKG tuning wouldn'tput the best speakers in the Note 9?

Nice try though Apple Insider.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    matrix077 said:
    Isn't Fortnite still in beta version for Android? Also, what about a comparison when "performance mode" is on with the Note 9?
    Fortnite just has performance issue on iOS since the latest update so the excuse of beta on Android doesn’t fly. 
    https://9to5mac.com/2018/09/08/fortnite-ios-lag-fix/

The iOS performance issues were patched two days later.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 25
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    WGACA said:
    Speakers are definitely louder and crisper on the iPhone Xs aye?

Let me guess, you didn't have Dolby Atmos turned? I thought so.

https://youtu.be/jLNTNQ3X2nA

As you can see, it's quite the opposite.

What did you expect, that Harmon Kardon (owned by Samsung) with AKG tuning wouldn'tput the best speakers in the Note 9?

Nice try though Apple Insider.
    A number of reports have confirmed that the Note speakers, as usual for Samsung, are not as loud as those in the Max. It’s not just ‘AI. Did you really come here for that nonsense?
    watto_cobra