Here are some of the best keyboard choices for your new Mac mini

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    Found a pic of my setup with the Logitech K750. You can see the room is not what I would call "dark", but the work area is dim based on the amount of foliage, etc. This proved problematic for the K750 after awhile. (I think perhaps its internal batteries faded away, and they aren't replaceable).

pscooter63
  • Reply 22 of 24
    jdwjdw Posts: 1,339member
    I too use my K750 solar keyboard in a dark room like that, but I also make time (a matter of seconds) to place the keyboard in a window to gather sunlight when I am ready to walk away from the computer.  It works well.  And when I'm at my desk typing, I have a desk lamp above my iMac that shines down on the keyboard, further decreasing the chance it will run out of juice when I use it.

But if Apple would just put a bigger battery in their keyboards so battery life would match Matias' 1 year, I would say their keyboards would be more worth the price when buying them separately from a new Mac.  I do love the feel of my silver corded aluminum Apple extended keyboard at the office.  Funny that.  Apple has all but destroyed good feeling keyboards on their notebooks, all in the name of unnecessary thinness that makes it more difficult to cool hot GPUs and CPUs.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    cgWerkscgWerks Posts: 2,952member
    AppleInsider said:
    Logitech's current closest equivalent is the Logitech K380 which is a very good $22 or so. Where you can only pair Apple's keyboard with one device at a time, the K380 can be paired to three. Which means from the same keyboard you can tap a button and be writing on your Mac mini, the iPhone or your iPad.
    I wish more keyboards offered this feature... or maybe better, a little box that did which USB keyboards could plug into? I'd really like one keyboard I could 'pair' or switch between devices, but I don't want to have this feature dictate the keyboard (and feel, size, features, etc.) I pick.