WWDC-featured title 'The Elder Scrolls: Blades' delayed until early 2019 for iOS and Andro...

Posted:
in iOS edited November 2018
Bethesda's much-anticipated iOS title "The Elder Scrolls: Blades" that was shown off at the 2018 WWDC has been pushed into 2019, the developer has announced.

The Elder Scrolls: Blades gameplay
The Elder Scrolls: Blades gameplay

First revealed during its packed E3 keynote in June, Blades takes you into the role of one of the "empire's top agents," known as the Blades. Your character in this first-person role-playing game returns home to find that it has been destroyed, leading you on an adventure through dungeons and dangerous terrain.

It was originally slated to be released this fall, even going up for preorder on the App Store. The original App Store listing pointed to the beginning of December for release but has since been updated to reflect March 31, 2019 as the new target.

Bethesda made the announcement Thursday via its Twitter account.

The Elder Scrolls: Blades will release in Early 2019 for iOS and Android devices. We are incredibly excited for you to play Blades and you can still sign up for Early Access at https://t.co/uuFPob6YWJ.

-- The Elder Scrolls (@ElderScrolls)

This isn't the first mobile game for Bethesda. Last year they launched Fallout Shelter, which quickly rose to the upper echelons of Apple's App Store charts.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Hopefully, this isn't the debacle into which Fallout 76 seems to be developing.
    techprod1gywatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,858administrator
    Yeah, that is a horrifying mess in all regards. Sure glad that they had that beta period that they did nothing with.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 6
    It is a sad time for hard core Fall Out fans.  I do enjoy some aspects of Fall Out 76 but it is overall a train wreck.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 6
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    I'm kind of surprised they are having issues. I played this in August at PAX West and it seemed pretty solid. Perhaps later levels just aren't getting done, but gameplay and base mechanics seemed great.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 6
    emig647 said:
    I'm kind of surprised they are having issues. I played this in August at PAX West and it seemed pretty solid. Perhaps later levels just aren't getting done, but gameplay and base mechanics seemed great.
    Buy the game and play it and report back on your thoughts.  You will not be happy if you have played others in the series.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    emig647 said:
    Buy the game and play it and report back on your thoughts.  You will not be happy if you have played others in the series.
    I think you might be talking about two different games.  I believe emig647 is talking about Blades (which, as I recall, is going to be a free download, whatever they do with inapp purchases), and you are taking about Fallout 76.
    watto_cobra