Apple slashes iPhone XR prices for Chinese resellers in bid to kickstart demand

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    designr said:
    I guess we can put to bed the claims that the Xr not selling well as "fake news" to bed.
    No. Last we knew XR was outselling the other models and we don't have a breakdown.

5c was also a "failure" even though it outsold all the knockoffs.

What I find funny is that if XR sells less than XS, XS is a "failure" but it XS happens to sell less than XR, XR is a "failure". Clickbaiters have infinite material!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 23
    cgWerkscgWerks Posts: 2,952member
    mikeybabes said:
    So apple I am sure pay suppliers at a fixed USD and not against the RMB exchange rate. Almost everyone works to the USD for purchasing.
    And, the USA spends $trillions to keep it that way.

So Apple gives the pirates in China a break on their phones, but us loyal US folks still get the shaft on prices, eh?  Shows how desperate Apple is in China since giving them access to all their users' data didn't work. /s
    Don't think you need the /s there. :neutral: 

AppleExposed said:
    Where have you been the past 2 decades? Apple hasn't sold junk in decades.
    Steve Jobs said the same thing but of course Jobs is seen as the messiah and Cook is the anti-Christ.
    Just remember, there is a difference between junk and lower-priced. I think Steve understood that, while I'm not so certain Tim does.

AppleExposed said:
    What I find funny is that idiots act like THE ONLY OPTION is iPhone XS Max 256GB when the iPhone 8 and 7 are still on sale starting at $449. Most people are still on iPhone 6/6s so even a 7 would be an upgrade.
    True, but I hate this trend of selling older stuff to make the lower price-points. Given how fast the industry moves, you're basically spending a few $hundred less to chop off a couple years of longevity. What I'd much rather see, is just a lower end model with current tech where it counts (ie: lesser screen, lesser camera, drop some features, etc.). That's why the SE was great in that regard... though I'd ultimately like to see an SE and SE-Pro then, or an SE and SE-form-factor full-blown iPhone at different price points.

AppleExposed said:
    What I find funny is that if XR sells less than XS, XS is a "failure" but it XS happens to sell less than XR, XR is a "failure". Clickbaiters have infinite material!
    Yeah, Apple just seems to apply pie-chart thinking as a justification to get rid of the lower end models (and higher end when it comes to Macs).