How to get started with a new HomePod, and get more out of it

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    Does anyone have a working link or copy of that user guide? I’d love to have it since I have three HomePods right now. 
  • Reply 42 of 43
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    pujones1 said:
    Does anyone have a working link or copy of that user guide? I’d love to have it since I have three HomePods right now. 
    It is this article's text for a different audience.
  • Reply 43 of 43
    If anyone is considering buying one, do yourself a huge huge favor and don't bother.

It doesn't even work reliably as an airplay speaker. It doesn't show up as a connecting device 1/4 of the time, and even then, it regularly drops the connection then disappears as a connecting option.

The only thing it has done reliably is relay homekit commands. But then again, siri not only sucks (eg only one command at at time: hey siri, turn the hallway lights white, [pause] hey siri, turn the hallway lights to 50%, [pause] hey siri...), but siri continues to be incredibly obnoxious with her very limited 'personality' (every time.. siri has to say some crap like "the scene is set" or "home sweet home" or something obnoxious about going to bed when I set my "goodnight" scene. It's intrusive and annoying. At least half the time I just use my iphone for homekit commands to avoid having to deal with siri on homepod.

Do Home Scenes and Siri Shortcuts that you've set up on another device not work with HomePod?