What to expect from Apple's holiday quarter results on Tuesday

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    MacPro said:
    k2kw said:
    imoi said:
    Having sold my last AAPL shares at 212$ in november, I've been watching the boat sink since then. I was thinking that I might have an opportunity to buy back at a nice entry level (below 140$) after next earning reports but the current management is so disconnected from reality, plus the global context, I see more downside coming, I'll wait for 110$. Signed Ex AAPL-long
    Yes, I think that 2019Q2 will be even worse because its been a very good quarter for Apple in past years because of China.    Now with China turning away from Apple it could look like a bloodbath.

Listening to NPR last night they of course had as story about Apple in China.   One of the complaints was that Apple doesn't do enough to make their products special in anyway there.   Maybe they need to have a mini-WWDC in China.   So much of Chinese services go through WeChat that Apple isn't the Eco-system that it is in U.S.   

Wish AppleInsider had a reporter based in China/Hong Kong.    It's both important as a market for Apple and for the Supply Chain.   Rather get real reporting than DED's irrational rants when realty doesn't line up with his theories.
    I've yet to read an article /editorial by DED that wasn't accurate.
    Lol. In one of the recent articles, DED mentioned that "Siri sold millions of iPhone 4s phones". I will leave it for you to figure out the accuracy of that claim.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,337member
    I am not worried at all. Services are great. People who need larger displays can easily get a $330 iPad instead of a $1100 XS Max.
    All Apple needs right now is a killer $500-600 ARM Mac. That would kill the already slowing laptop market. Hopefully that launches in a few years.
    So customers that want a larger screen iPhone should switch to an 9.7in iPad instead of a phone that is 5.8 in and fits in a pocket? That seems reasonable to you ?  
  • Reply 23 of 25
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    edit
    edited January 2019
  • Reply 24 of 25
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,337member
    MacPro said:
    k2kw said:
    imoi said:
    Having sold my last AAPL shares at 212$ in november, I've been watching the boat sink since then. I was thinking that I might have an opportunity to buy back at a nice entry level (below 140$) after next earning reports but the current management is so disconnected from reality, plus the global context, I see more downside coming, I'll wait for 110$. Signed Ex AAPL-long
    Yes, I think that 2019Q2 will be even worse because its been a very good quarter for Apple in past years because of China.    Now with China turning away from Apple it could look like a bloodbath.

Listening to NPR last night they of course had as story about Apple in China.   One of the complaints was that Apple doesn't do enough to make their products special in anyway there.   Maybe they need to have a mini-WWDC in China.   So much of Chinese services go through WeChat that Apple isn't the Eco-system that it is in U.S.   

Wish AppleInsider had a reporter based in China/Hong Kong.    It's both important as a market for Apple and for the Supply Chain.   Rather get real reporting than DED's irrational rants when realty doesn't line up with his theories.
    Lol. In one of the recent articles, DED mentioned that "Siri sold millions of iPhone 4s phones". I will leave it for you to figure out the accuracy of that claim.
      When Siri was released in 2011 with the 4s you don't think people jumped on it as the new thing from Apple and that helped sell phones? 
    fastasleep
  • Reply 25 of 25
    jcs2305 said:
    MacPro said:
    k2kw said:
    imoi said:

When Siri was released in 2011 with the 4s you don't think people jumped on it as the new thing from Apple and that helped sell phones? 
    1. So, siri alone sold millions of iphone 4s phones. A class leading SoC, consistent/smooth performance, great display, great camera (for its time) etc all did not matter at all in selling millions of iphone 4s phones???
    2. Given that siri is half baked even after 7+ years after its debut, what happened to the usual rhetoric of "It is only Android OEMs who launch products with half baked fancy features, but Apple ALWAYS include features which just work" ??? Was Apple chasing sales of iphone 4s using half baked Siri?

My own view - Apple sold millions of iphone 4s phones despite Siri, not because of Siri. The other positive aspects of iphone 4s which I mentioned earlier were simply too good compared to whatever competition had to offer at that time, which enabled Apple to sell millions of it. Agreed, Siri might have played a marginal role in creating interest. But when someone says "Siri sold millions of iphone 4s", then you have to question the wisdom of the person making such a claim. 
    avon b7