Apple has revoked Facebook's enterprise developer certificates after sideload violations [...

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 66
    tbornottbornot Posts: 116member
    If I am Mark Zuckerberg, (...)
    Let’s have a commercial with Zuke-man testifying to Congress, with a voice over with what they are really doing.  I believe lying before Congress is considered a “bad” thing.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 62 of 66
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member
    mattinoz said:
    apres587 said:
    Fining Facebook is better than revoking Facebook's enterprise developer certificates. Any action and decision which will not potentially affecting users' experience will eb appreciated.  

As an end user, I don't want debugging and development of Facebook apps be affected.
    Fining Facebook without giving them any other punishment would be pointless.  FB could afford any fine Apple could levy and they would simply continue violating Apple's policy. However, revoking FB's certification gets their complete attention and, hopefully, modifies their behavior. 
    Private enterprise doesn't have the authority to fine another private enterprise!
    No, but Apple could demand $$$$ for Facebook to join the enterprise dev program again.  
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 63 of 66
    mattinoz said:
    apres587 said:
    Fining Facebook is better than revoking Facebook's enterprise developer certificates. Any action and decision which will not potentially affecting users' experience will eb appreciated.  

As an end user, I don't want debugging and development of Facebook apps be affected.
    Fining Facebook without giving them any other punishment would be pointless.  FB could afford any fine Apple could levy and they would simply continue violating Apple's policy. However, revoking FB's certification gets their complete attention and, hopefully, modifies their behavior. 
    Private enterprise doesn't have the authority to fine another private enterprise!
    Sure they do. They can penalize companies for violating agreed-upon terms, policies or agreements.  Those penalties can be monetary, revocation of service, or some other appropriate deterrent.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 64 of 66
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,879member
    If I am Mark Zuckerberg, I will block all iOS users from using Facebook, even with Safari, immediately. Let's see which company will go bankrupt first.
    LOL. Yeah, let’s see who that hurts more. Here’s a hint: mobile ad revenue is the lifeblood of Facebook. 
    Protecting privacy is important, but iOS users' experience on Facebook apps should not be affected.
    Though some won't mind, sure many iOS users will complain if they cannot visit Facebook on their devices.

Apple is overreacting.
    Delusional. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 65 of 66
    MplsP said:
    Rayz2016 said:

If I am Mark Zuckerberg, I will block all iOS users from using Facebook, even with Safari, immediately. Let's see which company will go bankrupt first.
    Neither, since folk will still be able to access the site through Safari.

But well done you for showing support for using children as products.
    Safari users cannot visit Facebook sites as suggested.
    Not to contradict, but yes, they can. I have a facebook account that I rarely use other than to check on our neighborhood association, but I have logged in via safari on my iPhone.
    It looks like English is perhaps not his/her native language, so I believe myhohawong was attempting to say that "if FB were to implement the suggestion, Safari users would not be able to access FB."  I don't think he was saying they can do such now.  
  • Reply 66 of 66
    myhohawongmyhohawong Posts: 6unconfirmed, member
    Given Apple's market penetration, this would be profoundly bad for FaceBook immediately, and have almost no effect on Apple in the long term.
    I will definitely switch to Android phone if Facebook, ig, Whatsapp are no longer usable on my iPhone.

jungmark said:
    LOL. Yeah, let’s see who that hurts more. Here’s a hint: mobile ad revenue is the lifeblood of Facebook. 
    Protecting privacy is important, but iOS users' experience on Facebook apps should not be affected. Apple is overreacting.
    Facebook repeatedly broke the rules. The punishment is just. Besides this doesn’t affect the Facebook app. 
    You need betas to test before releasing apps. This is not fair to end users as debugging will be more difficult or nearly impossible.