Examining Angela Ahrendts' five-year tenure as head of Apple Retail

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    jdw said:
    jdw said:
    So, never.
    "Never say 'never'!"  So I won't either.  But it is clear that Apple isn't appealing to me.  And I am not unique among the citizens of this planet.  

All said, Apple needs to do more to get me (and those like-minded) excited again.  You remember when that was -- back in the day when Apple would reveal a great product and most everyone in the media would proclaim, "Wow!  They've done it again!"  To do that should be easy.  Apple just needs to Think Different.
    I'm not sure what you mean. I'm still amazed at what they accomplish. My 2018 MBP is incredible, and I love the keyboard. I have an SD card reader if I ever need one, and the lack of MagSafe literally doesn't affect me one iota. The iPhone X is the best iPhone I've ever owned. I have major gear lust for the Apple Watch 4, and can't wait to get my hands on the second gen AirPods and a new iPad Pro and Pencil 2 this year. If you're not impressed by these things then I don't know what to tell you. If by "back in the day" you mean the original iPhone reveal, yeah that isn't going to happen very often. I'm of the opinion that people complaining about stupid shit like extension cords (really?) aren't going to be pleased by anything they do. The idea that *they* need to Think Different to appeal to *you* is absurd.
    What's truly absurd is when people who are satisfied expect those who are not satisfied to be just as satisfied as themselves.  Sorry, but the world is not a clone of you.  Apple should appeal to as many people as it can.  To do that, it's best not to take away things they once gave us (and satisfied a lot of us) in the name of extremist minimalism.  We pay much more for Macs than for PCs, so to skimp on "the little things" like an extension power cord is too "absurd."  I use the cords that came with my mid-2015 MBP 15" and MacBook AIRs (2017 edition) all the time, and for the price I paid, they should come in the box and not be a separate purchase, especially when they came in the box in the past.  Again, you are perfectly satisfied by Apple, and that's great.  But let's play nice and admit that not everyone can be perfectly satisfied with the same things that satisfy you.  It's easy to worship everything Apple does and bash your fellow Apple fans, but a little empathy goes a long way and is appreciated.  I doubt I'll get that, but I stand by my previous words wholeheartedly regardless.  Apple thinking different amounts to not being stingy with the little things that some of us consider important.
    Most people don’t need the extension cords though, so it’s a huge waste when you’re shipping millions of devices. You can literally find them for next to free in electronics bins at thrift or e-cycle stores, or EBay.  
  • Reply 42 of 43
    jdwjdw Posts: 1,338member
    Most people don’t need the extension cords though, so it’s a huge waste when you’re shipping millions of devices. You can literally find them for next to free in electronics bins at thrift or e-cycle stores, or EBay.  
    I would not dare to say what "most people" want or need since I am myself and not them.  And even if one wishes to cite "convincing data" which suggest that those millions of people out there really don't use their extension cords, the fact remains that we are basically paying the same as we were when the cords were included.  As such, MBP buyers should get a voucher for a free extension power cord.  Again, they're already paying for it, and if Apple wants to protect the environment as you contend, then using the voucher method (or free on demand) is the ideal way to may everyone happy. 
  • Reply 43 of 43
    jdw said:
    I would not dare to say what "most people" want or need since I am myself and not them.  And even if one wishes to cite "convincing data" which suggest that those millions of people out there really don't use their extension cords, the fact remains that we are basically paying the same as we were when the cords were included.  As such, MBP buyers should get a voucher for a free extension power cord.  Again, they're already paying for it, and if Apple wants to protect the environment as you contend, then using the voucher method (or free on demand) is the ideal way to may everyone happy. 
    Sure, and I should get a voucher for the missing infrared remote and VGA adapter they no longer include!

🙄