Apple's latest iPhone XS & XR ad 'Bokeh'd' plays with social downsides of Depth Control

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    So, what do you think about when you take a picture of your child? Who’s the most important subject of a shot when you just want to snap a pic of your kid? Ah. Yours. Pretty normal, isn’t it? Unless of course you intend to take a photo of your kids together with friends. 
    The fact that Jacob’s mother draws the conclusions about intention and hate is IMO a superb allegory about today’s society. Like gender discussions etc.: the fact that I don’t explicitly put you in the foreground doesn’t automatically imply I dispose you/don’t respect you etc. But that’s today’s heresy. Any idiot can claim discrimination while it simply all starts in your head. Both, the fact that she states this accusations tells more about herself - as usually people draw co cousin a based on their own behavioral patterns - in other words: it’s what she would do and therefore it must be the same when she observes something like this with somebody else. Secondly, if you search for discrimination you’re likely gonna g to find evidence anywhere. 
    Are you people serious. 
    Are you not? 
    I take it, shallow conversation is preferred, then. 

Btw: Every key statement from my original post is based on studies, and not just an opinion. 

As a personal feedback: your last sentence was below your standard. 
    edited February 2019
  • Reply 22 of 24
    So, what do you think about when you take a picture of your child? Who’s the most important subject of a shot when you just want to snap a pic of your kid? Ah. Yours. Pretty normal, isn’t it? Unless of course you intend to take a photo of your kids together with friends. 
    The fact that Jacob’s mother draws the conclusions about intention and hate is IMO a superb allegory about today’s society. Like gender discussions etc.: the fact that I don’t explicitly put you in the foreground doesn’t automatically imply I dispose you/don’t respect you etc. But that’s today’s heresy. Any idiot can claim discrimination while it simply all starts in your head. Both, the fact that she states this accusations tells more about herself - as usually people draw co cousin a based on their own behavioral patterns - in other words: it’s what she would do and therefore it must be the same when she observes something like this with somebody else. Secondly, if you search for discrimination you’re likely gonna g to find evidence anywhere. 
    Are you people serious. 
    Are you not? 
    I take it, shallow conversation is preferred. 
    Actually, common sense is preferred.  You showed just how thin skinned sensitive little flower you are in this thread!  Getting offended over a fukking commercial about fake bokeh on an iPhone!

TBH, you need to just quietly leave this thread alone.  
  • Reply 23 of 24
    Madtiger said:
    Are you people serious. 
    Are you not? 
    I take it, shallow conversation is preferred. 
    Actually, common sense is preferred.  You showed just how thin skinned sensitive little flower you are in this thread!  Getting offended over a fukking commercial about fake bokeh on an iPhone!

TBH, you need to just quietly leave this thread alone.  
    If you think I’m offended by the ad you didn’t get me at all. 
    TBH, I will, since I do not expect any conversation of value-add in this thread. 
  • Reply 24 of 24
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,931member
    Madtiger said:
    Madtiger said:
    WTF?!?!  I mean WTF?!
    Care to elaborate? 
    Why are you being so damn serious?!  It's a joke...funny commercial.  It is NOT a political statement...NOT a serious commentary on our society.  (BTW, i get what you're saying...society is too damn sensitive....but YOUR response is a reflection of the oversensitive nature of our current time!!)

You're taking this funny commercial as if it is something from BBC!  It actually makes you into one of "them" sensitive person that does not get a joke and is easily offended.  Don't you see it??  Don't become them!
    Indeed, it’s the ultimate irony — those wallowing about snowflakes are themselves precious snowflakes. And vocal. 
    Isn’t that always the case?