How to see your Mac's documents across your network on your iPad with the Files app

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    Any idea how secure this is? It has access to the Mac file system. Does it "phone home"?
    The FileBrowser app has access to a SMB share, and not the Mac file system directly. It will only see what you allow it to see, based on the files you share in that SMB share. It does not appear to phone home.

Thanks for the clarification Mike.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 23
    Any idea how secure this is? It has access to the Mac file system. Does it "phone home"?
    Hi. Paul from Stratospherix here. None of our apps 'phone home' or ping our servers or ask for any details like email addresses. If you leave the iOS Settings/Analytics switch turned on, we get stats on how many people use our apps and some crash data, but nothing personal. Of course if you connect the app to your GDrive or other cloud account, then the cloud provider gets to know what you're doing but that's up to them! Hope this helps.
  • Reply 23 of 23
     I can no longer access files and drives on my 2020 M1 Mac Mini from the Files app on my 8th generation iPad, all running the latest operating systems. Apple support failed to resolve the issue. Has Apple discontinued this Files app functionality without announcement?