Fitbit challenging Apple Watch with $160 Versa Lite smartwatch, new Inspire & Ace 2 fitnes...

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    tommikeletommikele Posts: 599member
    Fit refuses to have their app directly share data with Apple Health app. Cutting off your nose to spite your face is a proven strategy ... for failure. STUPID STUPID STUPID
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 42 of 44
    leighrleighr Posts: 254member
    My wife bought a Versa, because she was convinced that she didn’t need all that an Apple Watch can do. She returned it the next day and bought an Apple Watch. Just because they’ve made it LOOK like and Apple Watch, doesn’t mean it’s the same!  It feels cheap, light and plasticy. The Bluetooth was terrible, and it didn’t have onboard GPS (you had to carry your phone when running) not to mention the other zillion things that it didn’t do compared to the Apple Watch. My wife loves her Apple Watch and often comments how she is so glad that she returned the Versa and paid the $100 more. 
  • Reply 43 of 44
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    leighr said:
    My wife bought a Versa, because she was convinced that she didn’t need all that an Apple Watch can do. She returned it the next day and bought an Apple Watch. Just because they’ve made it LOOK like and Apple Watch, doesn’t mean it’s the same!  It feels cheap, light and plasticy. The Bluetooth was terrible, and it didn’t have onboard GPS (you had to carry your phone when running) not to mention the other zillion things that it didn’t do compared to the Apple Watch. My wife loves her Apple Watch and often comments how she is so glad that she returned the Versa and paid the $100 more. 
    Her mistake was understandable:   Marketing for such tech products is largely just marketing & sales hype ("Our product will make you strong, fast and beautiful") rather than factual features.   Apple is, and always has been, one of the worst offenders in that.  BUT, unlike their competition, they can usually back up their claims with real tech behind it. 
  • Reply 44 of 44
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    tylersdad said:

You're really gonna just make crap up? (I should have stopped reading before he said Apple copied Pebble! LMAO!!)

Fitbit originally made bands. Those are going away in favor of the Apple Watch design and functionality.

Here's the origin of the Watch from 2010 by the way:

Older OS. Same philosophy and goals. Same company. Just pre-mature.
    Give me a break. The Pebble came out and was available for sale in 2013. The Apple Watch not until 2015. Those design mock-ups are pretty. They were also proprietary, so there's no way Pebble could've copied them. 

Pebble was the first widely available smart watch. Apple did not create this market. 
    You don’t seem to realize that the “mock-ups” were a shipping product — the iPod Nano. Came out years prior to Pebble, ran first-party apps, and as you can see was clearly Apple’s foray into smart watches and refined behind closed doors until the AW. 

Ha! I didn't wanna give it all away for him. He needs some research or remember history. Yes this was Apples first SmartWatch predates all the current smartwatches.

Still waiting for @tylersdad to reply.....