FedEx gave my iMac away

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 55
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Murbot, DUDE!! You have been violated...VI-O-LATED!!!!!!!

If I didn't get the two white apple stickers with MY brand new machine I'd call the whole thing off!!
  • Reply 42 of 55
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Yeah, you should feel really bad for me for that one... those 2 stickers were going to take me over the 30 mark!!

Damn it to hell, I'm stuck at 29.

Oh, delivery lady called again. The guy they delivered it to originally isn't in the office right now, and no one else there knows where that software might be, if they even have it.

Uh huh. Sure.

So... do I keep the iMac with the perfect display and clickety drive, and have them ship me the software, or do I send it back and roll the dice again.... hmmmmmmmmm.

[ 02-18-2003: Message edited by: murbot ]</p>
  • Reply 43 of 55
    xionjaxionja Posts: 504member
    My 17" iMac's hard drive only makes little noises when waking up from sleep.

you should send it back, cause the computers defiled if makes noises. . . noises should only come from speakers

It probably doesnt feel right to have a only quasi-brand new computer.

Send it back, if at least for the stickers
  • Reply 44 of 55
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I never would have accepted that shipment. Look at all the trouble you're having now. You could have been on your way to getting a new one shipped but instead you're playing phone tag trying to find some friggen CDs.
  • Reply 45 of 55
    [quote]? Mac OS X Install Disc 1

? Mac OS X Install Disc 2

? Apple Hardware Test

? Software Restore Disc 1

? Software Restore Disc 2

? Software Restore Disc 3

? World Book Mac OS X Edition<hr></blockquote>

Well, the delivery person showed up just now with the CD package, opened of course. Inside were these disks:

?

?

? Apple Hardware Test

?

?

? World Book Mac OS X Edition

Yeah, I left the blanks on purpose to show what the pricks stole out of the pack.

It should also have a blank DVD-R in there, right?

It was also in a see through plastic sleeve, but it did say iMac on it...

It's going back. (yeah alcimedes, I changed my mind)

UPDATE - OMFG this is too funny. FedEx wench just called, said she talked to someone at Apple about the situation. She was informed that I was only to get a 1GHz iMac, no additional software. All the software I need is ON the computer.

I have just lost faith in... uh... EVERYONE.

This guy is just laughing - he picked up a free copy of Jaguar and iLife. Nice.

[ 02-19-2003: Message edited by: murbot ]</p>
  • Reply 46 of 55
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    So now what? They won't take it back? Just tell me where to strike while I don my anonymous UBB super-hero mask...

and bring a few of my posse along:

That sucks, I hope they work it out.
  • Reply 47 of 55
    They're taking it back. I just got back from shipping it out, and faxing the lady at Apple my shipping receipt for reimbursement.

I actually feel bad for the delivery lady. I think she got reamed out BAD from FedEx in Calgary. She called me and said that if I had to go and buy anything that was missing, she would give me the money to cover it. I'm assuming she got ripped pretty hard for this if she's going to take money out of her pocket to cover it.

So what the hell, it's done and what can you do about it now. I told her not to worry about it, mistakes happen. She's a nice older lady and we ended up having a little chat.

So I will buy one locally here next week, and actually save about $140 now. No $40 FedEx charge, and I get a deal at the local store. I only ordered it from Apple in the first place since they had a short delivery time on their site (A LIE), and these guys here didn't expect them until March 1 or later. At the time, I was willing to fork over the extra dough to get it.

So I get my brand new iMac, use the $140 to buy an Xbox Live kit and NHL 2K3 for my birthday, and the other guy who received the box initially gets Jaguar and iLife for free. Everyone's happy.

• Reply 48 of 55
    Yeah sure, go and put a human face on it, how do you expect me to unleash my super-powers now?

On a positive note, the call just came in. IT's HERE, IT'S HERE!!! The guy at my dept's purchasing just called, three new books waiting, one of 'em is mine. The only problem is that the office closes at 6, I don't have a key, and if I leave now I may or may not get there in time. ERRR!
  • Reply 49 of 55
    WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING POSTING THIS MAN GET YOUR ASS IN GEAR FOR CHRISSAKES GO GO GO!

• Reply 50 of 55
    Matsu, what did you get?

I just got My 12"er yesterday:

694megs ram

60gig HD

DVD Burner

SOOOOOOO SWEEET! you'll love it.

the keyboard types soo nicely

flick.
  • Reply 51 of 55
    Dude, how did you hack the extra 54 megs of RAM in that puppy?

Make sure you post in the setup thread. I want to live vicariously through you guys.
  • Reply 52 of 55
    [quote]Originally posted by murbot:

<strong>

Well, the delivery person showed up just now with the CD package, opened of course. Inside were these disks:

?

?

? Apple Hardware Test

?

?

? World Book Mac OS X Edition

Yeah, I left the blanks on purpose to show what the pricks stole out of the pack.

It should also have a blank DVD-R in there, right?

It was also in a see through plastic sleeve, but it did say iMac on it...

It's going back. (yeah alcimedes, I changed my mind)

UPDATE - OMFG this is too funny. FedEx wench just called, said she talked to someone at Apple about the situation. She was informed that I was only to get a 1GHz iMac, no additional software. All the software I need is ON the computer.

I have just lost faith in... uh... EVERYONE.

This guy is just laughing - he picked up a free copy of Jaguar and iLife. Nice.

[ 02-19-2003: Message edited by: murbot ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Just to let you know the new 17" iMac comes with the following.

- iMac Software & Restore Disk (DVD)

- Apple Hardware Test Disk

- World Book

- Blank DVD-R 4X

- Blank CD-R 48X
  • Reply 53 of 55
    Murbot, I went, I saw, I purchased.
  • Reply 54 of 55
    [quote]Originally posted by BostonMJH:

<strong>

Just to let you know the new 17" iMac comes with the following.

- iMac Software & Restore Disk (DVD)

- Apple Hardware Test Disk

- World Book

- Blank DVD-R 4X

- Blank CD-R 48X</strong><hr></blockquote>

Oh my god.

Spiffster you bastard.

I had all the ****ing software then. Just the DVD-R missing.

****ing great.
  • Reply 55 of 55
    hey murbot i hope it works out for you there with that new imac. i just bought a "new" palm tungsten t, so i get it home open it up, theres dust all over the unit in the inside packing, and the screen, the booklet was messed up and had been jammed down behind the unit, fingerprints all over the software install cd's and even on the metal usb connecter. looks like either a display unit, or somebody decided to play with it and then put it back in.

im thinking "what, are these packed by hand?" its almost as if they packed a display unit back into a box and resealed it. oh yes, its going back...