Goldman Sachs raises AAPL target to $182 citing stabilizing Chinese demand

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    larryjwlarryjw Posts: 1,036member
    It’s been a long, slow slog back up toward $220+ again.
    Maybe? But, 3 months to get to $200 is not slow. 
  • Reply 22 of 29
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    larryjw said:
    4 months. ;)
  • Reply 23 of 29
    larryjw said:
    Four months. ;)
  • Reply 24 of 29
    larryjw said:
    Four months. ;)
  • Reply 25 of 29
    larryjw said:
    Four months. ;)
  • Reply 26 of 29
    Pretty much on par for a stock considered to be a no-growth stock. Apple is the only major tech company that is seen as a failing company. Apple isn't being praised by Wall Street for anything it does which I find somewhat disappointing for such a profitable company. Wall Street isn't happy with Apple's buybacks, dividend yield or Services potential. It seems like Apple has struck out as far as Wall Street is concerned.
  • Reply 27 of 29
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,972member
    larryjw said:
    Four months. ;)
    Now I see how you reached 30,000+ posts ;)

There seems to be more double posts of late.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    linkman said:
    Considering AAPL closed at $207.48 yesterday I guess this was an easy call for Goldman. 
    And it also might explain why Goldman has been doing so poorly in analyzing what is occurring with Apple.  With the fact that it opens today so far above their target does that mean it'll trigger their instant sell-off?
    Such a sell-off could possibly happen when the quarterly report is announced. Apple stock is easy to push over the edge if any rumors of falling iPhone sales appear. Apple is still considered a hardware company and nothing more. As iPhone sales fall so does Apple's value.
  • Reply 29 of 29
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,600member
    melgross said:
    horvatic said:
    Their price target is a little low considering APPL is at 207 right now.
    Sigh. That has nothing to do with anything,
    So you believe it's going to be considerably lower in a year?

Why?

Not opining, asking.

However, I'm going to continue holding our stock either way, for a variety of reasons. One is that the analyst consensus disagrees with this low estimate. Another is that we bought our stock at the equivalent of $23 about eleven years ago, and I have a hard time believing that Apple is all through.
    Boy, some of you guys have serious reading comprehension issues. You should also read all the posts before posting. A lot of questions have already been answered, sometimes before questions are asked.

so, for the last time this thread, no matter what anyone else posts:

i didnt say say that the predicted stock price is correct. I didn’t say that it was wrong. I did say that the current price has nothing to do with predicted pricing. When someone says that a prediction of a future price is under water because the price is already higher, it shows that that person isn’t paying attention to anything the market does, or can do. How many times has Apple price risen to a high, and then dropped considerably, and I’m not even talking about the huge drop during the Bush recession?

i can think of several times this century alone. I’m not going to give dates, just prices.

86 down to about 56

203 down to about 78 (the recession)

700 down to about 385

the most recent

233 down to about 144

so, as we can see, the price doesn’t just go up, it also goes down, sometimes by a big amount. So to say that the price already exceeds those new estimates, and so those estimates can’t possibly be right is nonsense.

but, with a good company, which Apple is, the price will come back again, and exceed its previous high. Just remember that one of the biggest inspirations Apple had to give a dividend and have stock buybacks, was that drop from 700 to 385.

so, am I saying that these lower estimates are right? No. I’m saying that with the way they do their work, to figure it out, they feel as though that’s what it will be then. And that has nothing to do with the current price, which could end up being lower, or higher than those estimates by the time those estimates are aimed at.

i also said earlier, that I think they are too low. But it all depends on how Apple does. And realistically, no matter how much we want Apple to go through the roof, we just don’t know. None of us expected them to declare that China sales would be down like that, which is a big reason why the stock dropped the way it did, though there were other reasons as well.

i hope people will read this before again making statements about what I said, which have been wrong, and which might be wrong again.
    edited April 2019