Comments

• Reply 41 of 89
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,040member
    Unlikely.
  • Reply 42 of 89
    cgWerkscgWerks Posts: 2,952member
    Soli said:
    chasm said:
    Clearly there are not enough LGBTQ2 people on this forum that it took the tenth post to mention Pride month!
    That's in June. This isn't only May, but the beginning of May. What I assume was the person that wrote the article mentioned well before post 10 that there are no LGBT events this month.
    Of course, it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume it is being expanded to year around, instead of just one measly month. And, that Apple would be right on top of that game.
    And, sadly (though not without merit), people jumped to that conclusion before the Apple logo, or the historic meaning.
  • Reply 43 of 89
    Yeah, and I'm expanding my birthday to all-year long.

Feel free to post cake emojis whenever.

edited May 2019 cgWerks
  • Reply 44 of 89
    leavingthebiggleavingthebigg Posts: 1,291member
    Considering the start of WWDC 2019 is less than a month away, I mystified why that event wasn’t considered as an event option?
  • Reply 45 of 89
    Maybe because WWDC is held at a public venue whereas Apple Park is not open to the public. For security reasons it is unlikely that any WWDC event would take place on the Apple Park campus.

Again, setting up a stage in early May for an event that takes place in June makes zero sense.
    edited May 2019
  • Reply 46 of 89
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,420member
    apple ][ said:
    anome said:
    Haven't heard of that. Which only highlights the need for it. I look forward to all the bros asking when the day against Heterophobia is, once more highlighting the need for this day. (Obviously, there isn't a day against Heterophobia, because that isn't a thing.)
    Being gay these days is no big deal. It's practically an advantage for certain people and in certain lines of work.

I would support a Gay Trump supporter phobia day. Those gays are the ones that deserve the most protection, not liberal gays.

Being gay is one thing. Being gay and wearing a red hat is something completely different and they are at a far greater danger than just the normal, boring, predictable, cookie cutter liberal gays that are found everywhere. Those other gays are the bravest gays around and I can admire their bravery.
    Yes, very brave of them to support an administration that is actively hostile towards them.
    ferdinandccanome
  • Reply 47 of 89
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,420member
    Considering the start of WWDC 2019 is less than a month away, I mystified why that event wasn’t considered as an event option?
    WWDC is in San Jose.
    cgWerks
  • Reply 48 of 89
    Don't turn this into a political discussion.

Apple has been supporting LGBT-whatever for decades. In fact, they were one of the first big companies to offer domestic partner benefits, long before it was mandated by the government.

Apple's stance on this topic predates the current administration. And the previous administration. And the administration before that. And...
    dsdanome
  • Reply 49 of 89
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    mpantone said:

Apple has been supporting LGBT-whatever for decades. In fact, they were one of the first big companies to offer domestic partner benefits, long before it was mandated by the government.

Apple's stance on this topic predates the current administration. And the previous administration. And the administration before that. And...
    Yes, it is common knowledge that Apple has long supported such causes, for many decades. I don't see anybody who has claimed otherwise. 
    chemengin
  • Reply 50 of 89
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member
    Apple has started hiring 9 year old coders and this is their inaugural Wiggles concert. 
    cgWerkslolliverLatkoSpamSandwich
  • Reply 51 of 89
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    JinTech said:
    As others have stated, it's actually it's the colors of the second Apple logo. The LGTBQ colors follow the actual ROYGBIV rainbow. People always seem to jump at the extreme conclusion. Though Cook did come out publicly, he is actually a very private person so to say it's related to LGTBQ just because Cook is gay, is a bit of a stretch.
    My thoughts were not related to Tim Cook at all, even though it is common knowledge that he is gay.

My thoughts were related to Apple and their prior history with such events, such as them marching in the gay pride event.

Apple even makes and sells pride edition watchbands, which is a multi-colored rainbow type band. One of the choices for a face for my Apple Watch is the pride face, which is multi-colored rainbow lines.
    edited May 2019 cgWerksanome
  • Reply 52 of 89
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    mpantone said:
    Yes, Pride Week is in June. It's a little early to be setting up a stage for June festivities.
    If I'm not mistaken, that happens on the last Saturday in June.

Soli said:
    chasm said:
    Clearly there are not enough LGBTQ2 people on this forum that it took the tenth post to mention Pride month!
    That's in June. This isn't only May, but the beginning of May. What I assume was the person that wrote the article mentioned well before post 10 that there are no LGBT events this month.
    Again, Friday, May 17 is International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia.
    And that uses the colors in that order which also happens to be the order of an old Apple logo? Even 10 days seems early for a temp stage for a single event.
  • Reply 53 of 89
    williamhwilliamh Posts: 1,034member
    Guys, June is Pride month. Apple always celebrates. 
    That would be a pretty dang good explanation if it was June. Or even almost June.
    chemengin
  • Reply 54 of 89
    Soli said:
    mpantone said:
    Yes, Pride Week is in June. It's a little early to be setting up a stage for June festivities.
    If I'm not mistaken, that happens on the last Saturday in June.

It is the last weekend in June. There is no way in hell Apple is setting up a stage in early May for an event that is taking place in late June. It makes zero sense.

All they would accomplish would be accumulating seven weeks of damage from the elements, bird poop, dust, and pollen. Not to mention complete suffocation of any plants (like grass) underneath the construction.

Anyone who thinks this structure is for SF Pride Week is delusional.

The main event in San Francisco -- the parade -- takes place on Sunday the 30th this year. The parade has always been on a Sunday for as long as I can remember.
    edited May 2019 Solichemengin
  • Reply 55 of 89
    macseekermacseeker Posts: 545member
    Well, no problem with the rainbow scheme.  Looks like their original logo scheme.  Regarding the rest of the Apple Park, a little color is needed.  At least Apple went back to their roots.  Yeah, I know Apple (and especially Tim) supports the LGTBI (and others) community, I still support him in his management of Apple.  I know someone close to me that's not a supporter of the LGTBI (and others) but that person has full confidence in Tim for Apple.
  • Reply 56 of 89
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,573member
    In the photo above, the ends of the rainbow go down into a hole in the ground. That may mean that the rainbow bands are complete circles underground, and by rolling them around they could change colour. Although they are the same colours as the LGBTQ flag, they are in a shifted order so it may be a coincidence. (Rotate Right 2, ROR2.) Check on different days to see if the colour order changes. If these structures are flexible or inflated instead of solid, they could have the left hole connected underground to the right hole of the NEXT circle. And the last hole would feed back to the first one. (Ie, it's a spiral in a closed loop.) That way these colours would slide in a continuous motion from front to back or back to front. In fact that would completely explain the ROR 2. Considering how the platform seems to be a stage with something underneath, this isn't too crazy. That would be thinking different, but lately I don't see too much of that from Apple.
  • Reply 57 of 89
    trashman69trashman69 Posts: 161member
    More virtue signaling 

cant wait.

As an investor and a person - when Tim “came out” - I had no problem.  He seemed smart enough to keep it professional.
    (kind of like keeping church and state separate).

its sad to see this constant and steadily growing virtue signaling.
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 58 of 89
    FredoFredo Posts: 3member
    Does nobody see the gras trampled down? 
    The event already took place!

• Reply 59 of 89
    More virtue signaling 

cant wait.

As an investor and a person - when Tim “came out” - I had no problem.  He seemed smart enough to keep it professional.
    (kind of like keeping church and state separate).

its sad to see this constant and steadily growing virtue signaling.
    Ah, yes. That virtue signaling that Apple has been doing since a year before the gay pride flag was created and decades before Cook ever worked at Apple.
    ferdinandccfastasleep
  • Reply 60 of 89
    Fredo said:
    Does nobody see the gras trampled down? 
    The event already took place!

That could be the case, but assholes are just going to use the classic Apple logo to make some homophobic comments so it doesn't really matter what the truth is.
    edited May 2019 mattinoz