New 'iPhone 11 Max' case renders back triple-lens camera, Lightning port

Posted:
in iPhone
New case renders from accessory maker Olixar reiterate an expected triple-lens rear camera for the "iPhone 11 Max," but may disappoint people hoping Apple will switch from Lightning to USB-C.

Olixar iPhone 11 Max

Apple also appears to be reverting the mute switch back to a circular slider, according to vendor MobileFun, which is already taking preorders for the cases. The company is selling both clear and solid designs, even though Apple isn't due to announce new iPhones until September. Buying any of the cases now is therefore a gamble.

The designs could stem from real-world information however, since iPhone specifications regularly leak to third-party casemakers looking to get a jump on the competition. Mainstream makers like Otterbox, Griffin, and Incipio tend to wait until launch or later to reveal their products.

Olixar iPhone 11 Max

The renders are also consistent with most rumors about this fall's iPhones. Apple is once again expected to ship two OLED models and one with LCD, the former adding a super-wide lens to existing wide and telephoto lenses on the iPhone XS and XS Max. The LCD model should improve on the iPhone XR by adding a second lens, giving it telephoto capabilities.

Apple has come under increasing criticism for leaving Lightning on iPhones and cheaper iPads. USB-C is now de facto on Macs and the iPad Pro, not to mention many Android phones and Windows PCs.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    HeliBumHeliBum Posts: 129member

I don't know about anyone else, but I find USB-C connections to be a lot looser than Lightning connections. On one hand, using USB-C means that magnetic connectors are unnecessary. On the other hand, mobile devices tend to get moved around a lot while tethered, which increases the likelihood of a USB-C connection pulling out.

racerhomie3applesnorangesredgeminiparandominternetperson
  • Reply 2 of 17
    xyzzy01xyzzy01 Posts: 133member
    Originally, I intended to upgrade my 7 plus this year. I've had a change of heart recently - waiting one more year to get 5G seems to make sense. If they're not moving off lightning yet,  that's one more reason to wait - no reason to be stuck with a connector that hopefully should become obsolete soon.

Ligthning was superior to USB micro, but USB C works pretty well and I'd rather have a need for less chargers to handle/cables to handle everything (headsets, computer, iPhone, iPad, game controllers etc etc). They've already migrated the iPad Pro and laptops to USB C micro, iPhone should follow.

edited June 2019 royboy
  • Reply 3 of 17
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    xyzzy01 said:
    Originally, I intended to upgrade my 7 plus this year. I've had a change of heart recently - waiting one more year to get 5G seems to make sense. If they're not moving off lightning yet,  that's one more reason to wait - no reason to be stuck with a connector that hopefully should become obsolete soon.

Ligthning was superior to USB micro, but USB C works pretty well and I'd rather have a need for less chargers to handle/cables to handle everything (headsets, computer, iPhone, iPad, game controllers etc etc). They've already migrated the iPad Pro and laptops to USB C micro, iPhone should follow.
    The hope is inevitably iPhone moves to USB-C. One connector to rule them all, and all that. What I find more annoying that Lightning in iPhone is Apple took away SD Card slot, without a better solution to replace it. They should have announced either an SD Card that wirelessly connects to iCloud, or a firmware update they worked out with various camera manufacturers that wirelessly mounts you camera when it's close to your Mac. Something! Needing a cable is worse.
    edited June 2019
  • Reply 4 of 17
    techsavytechsavy Posts: 34member
    I do hope iPhones move to USB-C so people do not have to run around with as many cables.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    techsavy said:
    I do hope iPhones move to USB-C so people do not have to run around with as many cables.
    Except, what people are we talking about? There's only a small percentage of Apple customers who would need another cable besides Lightning. The vast majority of iPhone users do not own Macs or iPad Pros, or even iPads. So a wholesale switch to USB-C would mean a billion customers would have to replace all of their cables and accessories with USB-C, when they otherwise don't need USB-C for anything else they own. Maybe that won't be true in 10 years, but in 10 years, I also expect Apple to go fully wireless. So why introduce a cable standard that will inconvenience the majority of its customers for a few short years before the standard moves to wireless and eliminates cables completely anyway?
    redraider11racerhomie3applesnoranges80s_Apple_Guyredgeminiparandominternetperson
  • Reply 6 of 17

New case renders from accessory maker Olixar reiterate an expected triple-lens rear camera for the "iPhone 11 Max," but may disappoint people hoping Apple will switch from Lightning to USB-C.
    How do they know this? Lightning an USB-C are very similar in size ... were they able to measure this render accurately enough to know it was too small to accommodate USB-C?
  • Reply 7 of 17
    racerhomie3racerhomie3 Posts: 1,264member
    I will pick Phil Schiller’s eyes out with a fork if he switches iPhone to Type C! 
  • Reply 8 of 17
    gutengelgutengel Posts: 363member
    NO USB-C please! Those renders seem produced in photo shop, terrible.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,299member
    I can't believe so called Apple Experts are presisting with "iPhone11". Apple have rebranded and X will be part faceID iPhone brand for some time to come I'd say.
    I'd put money on it being "iPhone Xt"  for the OLED models and " iPhone Xq" for the LCD.

• Reply 10 of 17
    LatkoLatko Posts: 398member
    I will pick Phil Schiller’s eyes out with a fork if he switches iPhone to Type C! 
    Don’t slam the last molecule of courage out of Phil
  • Reply 11 of 17
    mattinoz said:
    I can't believe so called Apple Experts are presisting with "iPhone11". Apple have rebranded and X will be part faceID iPhone brand for some time to come I'd say.
    I'd put money on it being "iPhone Xt"  for the OLED models and " iPhone Xq" for the LCD.

It’s pretty clear that you’re in that group that fails to look up information. The iPhone “X” is pronounced iPhone “TEN,” not “ex.” The XS is pronounced “TEN S.” In a world with one thing pretty universal, numbers, 11 comes after 10. iPhone 11, if Apple names as such, will be branded XI - Roman numerals for the number 11. Hey, you don’t have to believe me. Just watch the iPhone keynotes from the past two years where everyone on stage calls them “TEN (S).” 

I’d bet you’re on of the ones who calls it Mac OS “ex,” instead of “10,” aren’t you? It’s ok, as many of us made that mistake at some point. 
    gatorguyrandominternetpersonfastasleep
  • Reply 12 of 17
    With rumors of the back being one piece, with the glass molded for the camera bump, it’s about time for some of these renders to show that. I’m leaning towards the bump being the same color as the rest of the back. It would be much less of a visual impact.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    With rumors of the back being one piece, with the glass molded for the camera bump, it’s about time for some of these renders to show that. I’m leaning towards the bump being the same color as the rest of the back. It would be much less of a visual impact.
    I don't find it credible wouldn't carry the default color into the square lens area.  Look at the back of your current iPhone.  Is anything other than the lens itself black?  Even the rim of the lens is colored.  There won't be a giant black square the back of iPhones (except the black ones, of course).
    edited June 2019
  • Reply 14 of 17
    mbeeler22mbeeler22 Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    It's going to be what it's going to be. You guys have zero control over it. It would be idiotic to leave the lightning on the iphone. For the people who love the lightning, please jump into the rest of the world and stop being apple zombies. The macbook and ipad already charge with usb-c. It would be absolutely ridiculous and lame for apple not to include the usb-c on iphone 11.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    Another accessories maker reveal his cases for iPhone 11: https://www.ipitaka.com/collections/magcase-for-iphone11

• Reply 16 of 17
    mbeeler22 said:
    It's going to be what it's going to be. You guys have zero control over it. It would be idiotic to leave the lightning on the iphone. For the people who love the lightning, please jump into the rest of the world and stop being apple zombies. The macbook and ipad already charge with usb-c. It would be absolutely ridiculous and lame for apple not to include the usb-c on iphone 11.
    So it makes more sense for 90% of Apples customers to throw out a decade worth of Lightning cables and accessories just so 10% of their customer base can use one cable with the iPad Pro, MacBook and iPhone? Especially when it’s clear that Apple is moving towards 100% wireless for iPhones?