SGI may be the next to go:

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    [quote]Originally posted by Ti Fighter:

<strong>Yea and can't you get lots of grant money in Canada if your an artist?</strong><hr></blockquote>

You can apply for some fund.....for example Factor Grant (for music video)

But it usually is a tough task since there are so many competitions out there
  • Reply 22 of 22
    [quote]Originally posted by AirSluf:

<strong>SGI is already dead only the corpse doesn't know it yet. Everything good that they had is now either at nVidia or A|W. The government contract big-sim life support they are currently on will only last so much longer since you can do almost all of that with networked PCs and high end gamer cards now.</strong><hr></blockquote>

SGI still has a marketplace. They don't necessarily need to sell as many systems as, say, an Apple would have to sell. They continue to make some incredible hardware, and don't even get me started on IRIX. If IRIX received some tender love and care, it would be a suave little OS. I love IRIX, but there are a handful of things I don't love

People have spouted off about the death of SGI about as long as Apple. I don't see SGI going totally away anytme soon. It would be cool if Apple bought them, but like Amorph said, integration wouldn't be pretty. Still, it would do wonders for Apple if they could build hardware like SGI... rool: