Apple Card Preview program invitation emails going out now in US

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,358member
    apple ][ said:
    I just got an email from Apple a few minutes ago while I was reading this thread! No joke!

I was so excited when I saw the notification pop up on my iPad screen.

I immediately clicked on it, and saw that Apple was telling me about how Apple Pay was now available and ready to use on select local transit subway and bus lines in my city. :(

Thats great and all, but Im disappointed, because I actually thought for a moment that it would be the credit card email.

Oh well. Yeah, its only a credit card, but damnit, i would like mine as soon as possible. :)
    What a gut punch that could be! Apple should put PSYCH! at the top of any customer email other than the invites. 

mpantone said:
    I will bet you a buffalo nickel that the Apple senior management team have been using the Apple Card in Apple Pay for the better part of a month. They probably carry the physical cards in their wallets even if they don't use them frequently.
    It's been reported that a number of Apple employees have been testing the card over the last few months so it wouldn't surprise me that some top level personnel have had them. I'd assume they'd also be tasked with testing the card.

I've only seen the sign up link very recently, so I'm sure my Notify Me is at the bottom of a very long list. I've put off a few larger Apple purchases until the card comes. Of course after I get it, there's the B&H Payboo card  which will have a much better return than any credit card, for me. The AC will be for Apple purchases that in need now.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,358member
    Anybody want to guess Marissa Robertson's credit score?
  • Reply 23 of 25
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,958member
    I got on the “please notify me” list long ago and have heard nothing. 
  • Reply 24 of 25
    netmagenetmage Posts: 314member
    macgui said:

I've only seen the sign up link very recently, so I'm sure my Notify Me is at the bottom of a very long list. I've put off a few larger Apple purchases until the card comes. Of course after I get it, there's the B&H Payboo card  which will have a much better return than any credit card, for me. The AC will be for Apple purchases that in need now.
    Another consideration I've seen mentioned is there doesn't appear to be any extended warranty coverage on Apple Card purchases which may make a less rewarding card a better choice for Apple major purchases.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    dcgoodcgoo Posts: 280member
    I did NOT receive the email invitation yet, but I went into the wallet, and it allowed me to complete the process, including ordering the physical card.  I now have an account.  Tried it with my wife's phone, but not available to her yet.