Samsung removes ads mocking Apple after removing headphone jack

Comments

• Reply 21 of 52
    bigtdsbigtds Posts: 167member
    Apple leads, the knockoffs follow. 
    Not. Samsung uses USB C and iPhone doesn't. So will Apple be following Samsung when they introduce USB C? Your logic.
    CarnageMplsP
  • Reply 22 of 52
    AppleZuluAppleZulu Posts: 2,120member
    It baffles me, the continued angst over the loss of the headphone jack. It’s a nineteenth century standard. Literally. If you travelled back in time and showed one to Thomas Edison, he’d remark on the miniaturization, but he’d know exactly what it is and what it does. 
    lolliverwatto_cobralostkiwi
  • Reply 23 of 52
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,038member
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." —Arthur Schopenhauer
    StrangeDayslolliverGabymacguiwatto_cobralostkiwi
  • Reply 24 of 52
    bigtds said:
    Not. Samsung uses USB C and iPhone doesn't. So will Apple be following Samsung when they introduce USB C? Your logic.
    Can you show me the Apple ads that try to make fun of vendors for using USB-C? Clearly you fail to understand why Samsung's actions are humorous and slimy.
    anantksundaramStrangeDayslolliverAppleExposedcornchippscooter63stompywatto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 52
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    JUST yesterday I was telling iKnockoff apologists about Samsung being hypocrites after mocking Apple. Their excuse was "but but that was a long time ago!!"

LMAO! What a mess!!
    lolliverRayz2016cornchipwatto_cobralostkiwi
  • Reply 26 of 52
    Soli said:
    bigtds said:
    Can you show me the Apple ads that try to make fun of vendors for using USB-C? Clearly you fail to understand why Samsung's actions are humorous and slimy.
    Nope..nor do I care. Clearly, you've failed to understand my point. I've asked a simple question based on logic used by StrangeDays.
    Carnage
  • Reply 27 of 52
    bigtds said:
    Soli said:
    bigtds said:
    Nope..nor do I care. Clearly, you've failed to understand my point. I've asked a simple question based on logic used by StrangeDays.
    His comment is based on Samsung attacking Apple for the very thing they now offer. If Apple has an ad where they claimed that using face biometrics to unlock a phone were inherently flawed then it would be fine to make fun of Apple of then follow up with Face ID, even if they did work out speed and security issues that present in Samsung's poor application of face recognition.
    StrangeDayslolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 52
    steven n.steven n. Posts: 1,229member
    maltz said:
    iMaK said:
    Maybe Apple should make a commercial about people mocking other companies and then end up doing the thing themselves that the mocked the other company for.

But......I know Apple is bigger person and they would never do that. They move forward and never look back because they know they have nothing to worry about. 
    What great idea.

But zero chance, I am guessing, since pretty much all of Apple's commercials have become utterly anodyne and passive under Cook.
    Also, it would call attention to what is still a pretty unpopular move and remind people that Apple started the trend in the first place.  I mean honestly, does anyone outside of Apple (and, apparently, Samsung) REALLY think that trading a headphone jack for making the phone a sliver thinner is a good trade?
    Does anyone REALLY think to only advantage to removing the headphone jack is making the phone thinner?
    edited August 2019 lolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 52
    steven n.steven n. Posts: 1,229member
    maltz said:
    iMaK said:
    Maybe Apple should make a commercial about people mocking other companies and then end up doing the thing themselves that the mocked the other company for.

But......I know Apple is bigger person and they would never do that. They move forward and never look back because they know they have nothing to worry about. 
    What great idea.

But zero chance, I am guessing, since pretty much all of Apple's commercials have become utterly anodyne and passive under Cook.
    Also, it would call attention to what is still a pretty unpopular move and remind people that Apple started the trend in the first place.  I mean honestly, does anyone outside of Apple (and, apparently, Samsung) REALLY think that trading a headphone jack for making the phone a sliver thinner is a good trade?
    Does anyone REALLY think to only advantage to removing the headphone jack is making the phone thinner?
    lolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 52
    bigtds said:
    Soli said:
    bigtds said:
    Just cancel your post. It makes no sense.
    lolliverwatto_cobrapscooter63
  • Reply 31 of 52
    sandorsandor Posts: 665member
    AppleZulu said:
    It baffles me, the continued angst over the loss of the headphone jack. It’s a nineteenth century standard. Literally. If you travelled back in time and showed one to Thomas Edison, he’d remark on the miniaturization, but he’d know exactly what it is and what it does. 
    So is the electric automobile. 
    Literally. 

edited August 2019 larrya
  • Reply 32 of 52
    maltzmaltz Posts: 486member
    steven n. said:
    maltz said:
    iMaK said:

What great idea.

To the consumer, yes.  But I'm open if you can name another that wasn't already listed and refuted above.  And personally, I don't even consider that an advantage.  I'd much rather have a slightly thicker phone with more battery life.  I already have a case on my iPhone for the sole purpose of making it thicker and easier to pick up with large hands.

As for the headphone jack, I don't much care one way or the other.  The adapter works fine, and wireless is cool.  But a lot of people apparently did care, given the uproar, and still do, if the responses to an aside comment in my post are any indication.  That it's still such a sore point three years later really drives home the point I was actually trying to make about the ad, though.
    edited August 2019
  • Reply 33 of 52
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 13,005member
    bigtds said:
    I think you're intentionally missing the point. The protocol used by the port isn't the point -- ditching 100-year-old legacy analog for a more modern digital interface is the point. Dur.
    edited August 2019 lolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 34 of 52
    maltz said:
    iMaK said:

What great idea.

No, and neither does Apple -- they never claimed ditching the port was to make the iPhone "thinner". If you read what their VP of hardware engineering said, he was quite clear -- removing the honking huge analog port gave them more room for a bigger battery, for better camera modules (this is when OIS came to the non-Plus, remember), and water gaskets.

Try again?
    lolliverRayz2016cornchipwatto_cobrapscooter63
  • Reply 35 of 52

sandor said:
    flydog said:
    iOS_Guy80 said:
    Wonder if the new phone includes a dongle for wired earbud users?
    Why include something few people would actually use?  Wireless headphone sales surpassed wired 4 years ago, and these days you're more likely to spot a unicorn that someone with wires dangling from their head. 
    Can you cite your sources please?
    Old news, son:

https://appleinsider.com/articles/16/07/28/bluetooth-headphone-sales-surpass-others-for-first-time-with-apples-beats-in-top-spot
    lollivercornchipwatto_cobra
  • Reply 36 of 52
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,941member
    bigtds said:
    And that's why the S11 is rumoured to come with a tiny eco-friendly 5W charger that slips unnoticed into even the smallest of pockets!

Reverse charging will be nixed, OLED dumped, bezels will be XR size, 4G will be the limit, 3D scanning will be limited to facial recognition and rear cameras will be restricted to two. The entry level model will have only one. ;-)
  • Reply 37 of 52
    bigtds said:
    I think you're intentionally missing the point. The protocol used by the port isn't the point -- ditching 100-year-old legacy analog for a more modern digital interface is the point. Dur.
    No. My point was to show the hypocrisy of declaring other companies as followers when they add features that Apple has but then claim Apple does not follow others when it adds features other companies have had for a while. I see it on this site often and by the same people. That's my point.
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 38 of 52
    maestro64 said:
    Advertising is like Politics (sorry). They both try to convince you they know what is best for you and then flip on you and tell you what was bad in now good and good is now bad.
    Sounds a lot like Steve Jobs. :D
  • Reply 39 of 52
    bigtds said:

Right. Not like Sammy sells knockoff iPhones/Macbooks.iPads/Airpods or runs knockoff Apple Stores or anything.

Knockoff Apple Store full of knockoff Apple products using Apple logos.

USB C.... ahhhh I remember when Apple dropped legacy USB 2 for USB C on MacBooks and got sh**ed on for doing so.
    cornchipwatto_cobra
  • Reply 40 of 52
    maltz said:
    iMaK said:

What great idea.

All the knockoffs are now doing it so to answer your question: Yes.