Goldman Sachs may accept 'subprime' Apple Card applications

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 127
    mrboba1mrboba1 Posts: 276member
    Soli said:
    Rayz2016 said:
    We once ran the workforce through test applications, and found that contractors with higher pay and no debt were less likely to get an approval. 
    Several years ago I paid off my car and student loans early within a month of each other which caused my credit rating to drop from well into the Excellent range with an 800+ score to around 740–750 range which only Good. Within a couple months I had gone back up to Excellent, but I would've been hurt had I tried to secure a great interest rate during that time.
    The student loans are probably what did it. One of the factors of the score is "oldest credit line" - which was probably your student loans (at least it is in my case). My next oldest is 7 years younger, I will undoubtedly see a hit when those are paid.

I wouldn't have thought it would be quite that big unless you had really young credit outside of those.
  • Reply 122 of 127
    extremescubasteveextremescubasteve Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    665, I have a Discover and 2 Cap One Accounts, a Hyundai Auto Lease and motorcycle loan ALL On Time and Never late BK Discharged 24 Mos Ago and I got Denied. That's crap
  • Reply 123 of 127
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,881member
    I have “good” credit (not excellent) in the 700s, but they offered me the crappiest sub-prime rate — $5,000, 24% interest. Oof. Personally I think rates that high are criminal, but if used just to collect 2% cash back on all NFC Apple Pay uses and paid each month, it could have a use for me. 
  • Reply 124 of 127
    To me this makes a lot of sense.  I think the Apple Card can be very useful for those with imperfect credit as it can be a great tool to help people manage their finances and improve their credit.  I don’t view it as a product for those of us with great credit as the rewards aren’t impressive at all.  While I love the concept I personally have no need for an Apple Card.  Hopefully they start out with the 540 FICO range and give those folks a boost 
  • Reply 125 of 127
    musomuso Posts: 30member
    Maybe they think people with prime credit already have much better rewards cards. That's why I'm not getting an Apple card. It looks nice, but I already have much better options.
  • Reply 126 of 127
    dr. xdr. x Posts: 282member
    jusjeff said:
    664 and denied...  :/
    The approval process for me was easy. I got 17.00% APR with a credit line of $9,000. My credit score is 805. You could try again and see if it goes though.
    edited August 2019