Here's how Apple Card Daily Cash works

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    Soli said:
    eightzero said:
    One of the things I dislike about some cards is their rules regarding redemption of rewards. Apple Card solves this in spades. I find it unreasonable for cards to prohibit redemption of rewards until $25 has accrued, and this feature in Apple Card will likely make me switch and cancel those other cards.
    While others talk about how they get the same 2%, like from Capital One's Double Rewards Card, but then they fail to note that it's 1% only after the charge cycle is over and then then the other 1% only after you've paid off that balance.

First, it's the Citi Double Cash. There's no such card as you mentioned. 
    Second, no one fails to note this. What others are saying is that receiving cash back now or in 30/60 days later makes no difference. Is your financial life really dependent upon receiving the 2% cash back now or in 30 days??
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 28
    My current Chase Visa card rewards us back about $25-$30 a month.  Once it reaches over $100 or so, I cash it in and have it deposited into my Chase checking account.  One transaction to record in my check register a few times a year.  I can’t see the appeal of a cash-back system that is constantly trickling in a buck a day on average - it’s really all just small potatoes.
    chemengin1
  • Reply 23 of 28
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,069member
    I did just note that the wallet settings include both a link to activate the physical card, and a link to the fedex page tracking it. I ordered the physical card because it was free to do so (mmm....pretty...), I and it will go in a safe location at home and never leave. Had I been given an option for a statement credit for that fedex shipping ($10?) I would have accepted that instead.

As a related aside, I get a kick out of the effort vendors go to try to get me to opt in to paperless delivery of information. I will do that when there is a benefit to me, not before. I already own a shredder; and the paper system I have at home is reliable and consistent. Give me a $1/month credit? Well...maybe. Otherwise, nope.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 28
    eightzero said:
    I did just note that the wallet settings include both a link to activate the physical card, and a link to the fedex page tracking it. I ordered the physical card because it was free to do so (mmm....pretty...), I and it will go in a safe location at home and never leave. Had I been given an option for a statement credit for that fedex shipping ($10?) I would have accepted that instead.

As a related aside, I get a kick out of the effort vendors go to try to get me to opt in to paperless delivery of information. I will do that when there is a benefit to me, not before. I already own a shredder; and the paper system I have at home is reliable and consistent. Give me a $1/month credit? Well...maybe. Otherwise, nope.
    I had one such company make repeated phone calls to try to get me switch to paperless, never offering any incentive of course.  The last one I got I countered with "Do you want to get paid after I die?  Because if you don't, I'll go full paperless.  My wife doesn't do squat on a computer, and she'll never know about the bill.  So send me the paperwork acknowledging your forfeiture of collection rights when I die, and I'll go paperless."

Crickets.

--click--
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 28
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,069member
    eightzero said:

I had one such company make repeated phone calls to try to get me switch to paperless, never offering any incentive of course.  The last one I got I countered with "Do you want to get paid after I die?  Because if you don't, I'll go full paperless.  My wife doesn't do squat on a computer, and she'll never know about the bill.  So send me the paperwork acknowledging your forfeiture of collection rights when I die, and I'll go paperless."

Crickets.

--click--
    Well played, sir. And I buy and maintain computers for my convenience. Not theirs.

At least one organization I did business with added a fee to their charges if you didn't use their web portal. Betcha we see that next. Pay on line what you owe. If you prefer, opt into paper statements for a fee. 
  • Reply 26 of 28
    eightzero said:
    eightzero said:

Crickets.

--click--
    Well played, sir. And I buy and maintain computers for my convenience. Not theirs.

At least one organization I did business with added a fee to their charges if you didn't use their web portal. Betcha we see that next. Pay on line what you owe. If you prefer, opt into paper statements for a fee. 
    One of my online 401K accounts did that when I left that employer.  Rolled that one out into the new plan quickly, though to be fair, not just because of that fee.  It wasn't the best portfolio.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 28
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,881member
    Ah, didn't realize I hadn't upgraded to 12.4 yet, which is needed to get the invite. Oops!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 28
    Got mine yesterday, because it looks so cool. Not sure if I'll use it though. 3% off Apple products at the Apple Store ... or wait about 3 months and get 20% off at B&H Photo. It's just not very compelling beyond its coolness.