Compare the iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro Max versus the size of other iPhones with this pri...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25

- You didn’t know Jobs, you have no idea what he would like. He was known for doing 180 on an idea, so you don’t even have historic record on your side. 

- The lens bump isn’t hideous. It looks sweet. More, I don’t care and have never cared, as it’s the pictures taken that are meaningful in life, not the fucking back of the thing that took em. 

- Apple hasn’t had the market share of smartphones (but does enjoy the profit share). It doesn’t chase market share at the expense of quality product and profitability of product. 

-Definitely didnt know him and clearly am making an assumption (you know, because he is dead).
    -Lense bump is anything but "clean and simple" and there was no lens bump until after he died.

historic record:
    -“It fits beautifully in the palm of your hand.” 
    -“Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful...that’s what matters to me.”

• Reply 22 of 25
    Given that the "5SE" doesn't exist, I'm going to assume you're talking about the iPhone SE. Nice invoking the dead guy, too. You have no idea what Steve would think now, because ideas and viewpoints change, nor does anybody else nearly a decade after his death, and more than a decade since he ceded control of the company.

Like we've said, we're not opposed to the SE philosophically. Some here want one. But, appealing to a CEO from a decade ago, and what worked then versus now, does your argument no favors.
    Thank you,  I am sure nobody understood that the size of the 5S and SE is what I was referring to.
    I do not know who the "we' opposed to" you are referring to is. Who is the "we" that are opposed to apple offering a phone closer to the overall dimensions of the original or the 5S/SE?  Are there teams? Are we picking sides? If so, am I supposed to be angry with my wife for making me buy her the new 11? 
    As for then vs now, what is the difference? Some people may work at a desk all day or leave their phone in a purse. Whereas another (like myself) might spend some of my time in the office as well as out on site or in the shop and would like a smaller form factor PHONE that is still a capable device (as was originally intended).
    Also, thanks for pointing out that I would "have no idea what Steve would think now", as I dont want readers to think I am some sort of psychic.... or am I?  
    (I'm not) 

• Reply 23 of 25
    maltz said:
    I always thought the original iPhone form factor was a bit on the small side and actually appreciate the larger screens, but I also like a phone I can easily use one-handed.  I currently have a 6 Plus, which I like, but even with large hands, it's a little TOO big.  I still like the screen size, though.  Since I'm (over?)due for an update, I'm eyeing the 11 Pro - a bigger screen in a smaller phone.  Win-win!
    I went from a 6+ and had the same reactions to it.   But recently I traded it in and inherited my grandson's 7 -- and I enjoy it a lot more.   The screen is perfectly usable and the phone is more manageable.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    ireland said:
    Good job on this printable size guide, guys.
    Actually, I would disagree.   The pictures have the actual size scale far over to the right without guidelines -- so it is very difficult to determine the actual size of the phone.  And, since very small differences in measurement translate into very large differences in "feel", I would give it a 5 of 10.   A good start.  But...
    You missed the "printable" part. There are other places to get engineering diagrams.

We got asked last year, and again this year, to do this guide. So, here we are. We have a wide array of wants and needs from readers. Not everything is going to appeal to every reader.
    Can't print it if I can't download it...

As far as I can tell, the guide is only available for download form SCRIBD, which requires an account.  I don't need/want an account or to sign in.  Is it possible to make the guide available outside of SCRIBD?
  • Reply 25 of 25
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    nicholfd said:
    ireland said:
    Good job on this printable size guide, guys.
    Actually, I would disagree.   The pictures have the actual size scale far over to the right without guidelines -- so it is very difficult to determine the actual size of the phone.  And, since very small differences in measurement translate into very large differences in "feel", I would give it a 5 of 10.   A good start.  But...
    You missed the "printable" part. There are other places to get engineering diagrams.

We got asked last year, and again this year, to do this guide. So, here we are. We have a wide array of wants and needs from readers. Not everything is going to appeal to every reader.
    Can't print it if I can't download it...

As far as I can tell, the guide is only available for download form SCRIBD, which requires an account.  I don't need/want an account or to sign in.  Is it possible to make the guide available outside of SCRIBD?
    Scribd does not require an account to download a free PDF.

View this page from the AppleInsider homepage, click the download button on the bottom-right of the document, and click the download button on the pop-up.
    edited September 2019