Apple releases iOS 13.1.2, iPadOS 13.1.2, watchOS 6.0.1 updates

Posted:
in iPhone edited September 2019
Apple has updated iOS 13 for the third time in a week, and has rolled out iOS 13.1.2 to the iPhone and iPod touch, in addition to iPadOS 13.1.2.

Craig Federighi announcing iOS 13 at the 2019 WWDC

The update follows hot on the heels of iOS 13.1.1, which was released on Friday to deal with a keyboard security issue and some other flaws. Monday's update deals with an issue with the flashlight, a bug that could result in the loss of display calibration data, a Bluetooth disconnect problem, and an iCloud Backup issue.

The update to iPadOS 13.1.2 lists two fixes. The same iCloud backup issue is listed, and HomePod Shortcuts problems have been dealt with.

Apple's watchOS 6.0.1 update resolves an issue where Disney's Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse watch face don't speak the time, fixes an issue where the calendar complication may not display events, and also deals with the potential loss of display calibration data.

Users can update to the latest iOS and iPadOS release by entering the Settings app, selecting General, Software Update, and selecting to install the update. If users have automatic updates available, this will streamline the process for them.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 46
    I haven't even been able to get 13.1.1 and now 13.1.2?  I'll be waiting anxiously as I have noticed several instances of Bluetooth disconnects with my AirPods.  Also, since updating to iOS 13 my wife and I have noticed various trouble AirPlaying to Apple TV (initially at 12.4.1 but also under tvOS 13).  Hope this addresses those connectivity issues too.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 46
    I thought some inconsistencies were going on in the cloud.
  • Reply 3 of 46
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,284member
    Apple's watchOS 6.0.1 update resolves an issue where Disney's Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse watch face don't speak the time, fixes an issue where the calendar complication may not display events, and also deals with the potential loss of display calibration data.

Actually, I can't stop the Mickey face from talking, regardless of how I had it set up.
  • Reply 4 of 46
    I'm finding that iPadOS 13 isn't working as well when it comes to screen rotation.  For example, I can lift up my iPad and the screen is upside down.  I have to turn it to portrait and then back to landscape for it to be right side up.  I never had this problem with the earlier iOS releases.  I also notice that my mail works different than before.  My mailbox is full of spam, so I basically touch the bottom one and work my way up deleting them one by one (every now and then, I have some legit mail).  The new mail doesn't highlight each message as I delete them, but it shows the message in the right pane.
    MisterKit
  • Reply 5 of 46
    tzeshantzeshan Posts: 2,351member
    Apple has updated iOS 13 for the third time in a week, and has rolled out iOS 13.1.2 to the iPhone and iPod touch, in addition to iPadOS 13.1.2.

The update follows hot on the heels of iOS 13.1.1, which was released on Friday to deal with a keyboard security issue and some other flaws. Monday's update deals with an issue with the flashlight, a bug that could result in the loss of display calibration data, a Bluetooth disconnect problem, and an iCloud Backup issue.

The update to iPadOS 13.1.2 lists two fixes. The same iCloud backup issue is listed, and HomePod Shortcuts problems have been dealt with.

Users can update to the latest iOS and iPadOS release by entering the Settings app, selecting General, Software Update, and selecting to install the update. If users have automatic updates available, this will streamline the process for them.
    Is iOS 13 a rewrite of the 12 software? Why new version 13 has bugs that do not show up in 12? Does Apple test software internally? Why Apple has to update 13 twice in just a few weeks? This is very poor software quality assurance. 
    philboogienetmagechemengin1dysamoria
  • Reply 6 of 46
    It’s a labor of love for the crews that track bugs, fix bugs and then compile and get the new versions out. But they must be exhausted maybe and working long hours?  I just had a coworker who was shocked about 13.1.2 since they just loaded 13.1.1 a few days ago.    “This is not the Apple we know” is what he said laughing.  we have been iPhone users for a long time.  Hope things stabilize soon.  Instead of working on frivolous stuff like Arcade,   Apple needs to throw everything it can  into getting iOS 13 working better.  
    philboogiechemengin1dysamoria
  • Reply 7 of 46
    tzeshantzeshan Posts: 2,351member
    It is true that for a huge OS like iOS there are tens of thousands and more testings to be done. However, most of them can be done by computers. In this day, computers are very fast, they can finish tens of thousands of tests in less than a day. Does Apple know how to do this? 
    philboogie
  • Reply 8 of 46
    Did this happened ever before that Apple would released four versions in so short time? I was betatesting iOS 12 and MacOS 10.14 but stopped as out of tens issues only one was partially fixed and Feedback assistant was so horrible slow on iOS that there was no reason to waste m time more. Sad. There is still several places/occasions where you can loose all entered data when you are interrupted with call or device asleep. Unaceptable after so many years.
    philboogiesailorpaul
  • Reply 9 of 46
    It would be nice if the people who write for this forum would do an article soon talking about their collective thoughts as to whether they recommend going from iOS 12.x.x. To 13.x.x  Or whether to wait. 
    OnPartyBusiness
  • Reply 10 of 46
    Not to trash Apple at all, but I wish Apple
    would either wait a bit longer to release a major iOS upgrade or at least raise the bar with the quality of products and services. 
    philboogiezroger73chemengin1dysamoria
  • Reply 11 of 46
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,040member
    M68000 said:
    It would be nice if the people who write for this forum would do an article soon talking about their collective thoughts as to whether they recommend going from iOS 12.x.x. To 13.x.x  Or whether to wait. 
    That is wishful thinking but ultimately unrealistic.

Let's say Media Source X says that iOS 13 in its current state is a piece of junk and that users should hold off from upgrading. How do you think Apple will feel about that?

Do you think Media Source X will continue to receive media screener preview demo units? Invitations to launch events? Open access to Apple's corporate communications team? This is no different than what any journalist has to balance. If you're the beat writer for Team B and you start annoying the coach with pointed questions, how much 1-on-1 time do you think he/she will be willing to provide in the future, mmmm? The expression "biting the hand that feeds you" could come into play.

It is far safer to do a comparison between two competitive devices rather than take an editorial critique with no comparison. Comparing photo quality between the latest iPhone and the latest Samsung smartphone is okay and evidence can be provided (e.g., side-by-side low light photos).

Media organizations like AppleInsider must be very thoughtful about what they write. Reporting the news is far less fraught with peril than writing an opinion piece.
    razorpitwatto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 46
    I'm finding that iPadOS 13 isn't working as well when it comes to screen rotation.  For example, I can lift up my iPad and the screen is upside down.  I have to turn it to portrait and then back to landscape for it to be right side up.  I never had this problem with the earlier iOS releases.  I also notice that my mail works different than before.  My mailbox is full of spam, so I basically touch the bottom one and work my way up deleting them one by one (every now and then, I have some legit mail).  The new mail doesn't highlight each message as I delete them, but it shows the message in the right pane.
    When I picked up my iPad just now, the icons were correctly oriented but the dock was stuck on one side of the screen, turned 90 degrees. When I saw this headline, my first thought was to wonder if that’s one of the bugs they’d be fixing with this update. 
    bonobobnetmage
  • Reply 13 of 46
    Maybe it's a bit of a hassle to run the updates, but 1) they're free 2) you can let it run at night. Costs you zero time.

(I hope this one fixes the dramatic battery drain on 13.1.1 though...)
    StrangeDaysOnPartyBusinesswatto_cobra
  • Reply 14 of 46
    Agatto said:
    would either wait a bit longer to release a major iOS upgrade or at least raise the bar with the quality of products and services. 
    Yeah,  I hear you.  The interesting question is if the new iPhone 11 series MUST have iOS 13.  If not, it would not have to be rushed out which is apparently what happened with this new iOS.  I could be wrong but feel that Apple is a victim of it’s own success and new phones are expected like clockwork every year on a schedule.  A schedule that has to do with making Wall Street happy first.  Now we have what we have.
    AgattobonobobStrangeDaysllamarazorpitdysamoria
  • Reply 15 of 46
    TomETomE Posts: 172member
    I am thankful that Apple updates as frequently as they do.  It is almost impossible to get it right the first time - unless you don't make any changes.  If you have ever written complex code, you know how difficult it is.  If you are in the negative camp, then just don't update.

applesnorangesStrangeDaysfastasleepOnPartyBusinesschiaurbanleopardwatto_cobracaladanian
  • Reply 16 of 46
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Agatto said:
    If Apple delays the release of software or hardware because of problems people go crazy predicting doom and gloom, and incompetency (see AirPower reaction). If Apple releases on time but with bugs people also go crazy predicting gloom and doom, and incompetency. In short, Apple can’t win with the Internet immediate gratification crowd. Apple is damned if they and damned if they don’t. See this very thread.

Of course for those whining about three updates in a week they have the option of not updating at all. They can just learn to live with the bugs and features these updates fixed. But somehow I don’t think that’s an option with those types. It’s more fun to predict gloom, doom, and incompetency.
    edited September 2019 StrangeDaysOnPartyBusinesschiallama
  • Reply 17 of 46
    AlinschiopuAlinschiopu Posts: 5unconfirmed, member
    How about the HomePod update? Wasn’t that supposed to be on September 30th? Now it’s later this fall on their website ☹️ I’m so pissed off when they don’t meet their deadlines 😡
    Elmo1caladanian
  • Reply 18 of 46
    I think it is too much focus on windmills in China that creates these problems for Apple. ;)...
    I'm glad Apple has the ability to constantly push out the updates. "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again".
  • Reply 19 of 46
    tzeshan said:
    It is true that for a huge OS like iOS there are tens of thousands and more testings to be done. However, most of them can be done by computers. In this day, computers are very fast, they can finish tens of thousands of tests in less than a day. Does Apple know how to do this? 

It would seem Apple is still asking themselves: "What's a computer?"
    edited September 2019
  • Reply 20 of 46
    TomE said:
    If you are in the negative camp, then just don't update.

I'm that guy. I just don't update my iPhone. They fix bugs and we get new bugs. Seems rather pointless.

dysamoria