FCC approves $26.5 billion T-Mobile and Sprint merger

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    The loss of Net Neutrality surprisingly has only helped consumers. Faster speeds and more infrastructure is being built. Who knew that that one was a total miss call by people. It really hasn't been a problem at all, if anything, it's ended up being better.
    I’ve thought the same since cellular is a limited resource.  Perhaps some protections, but weaker net neutrality vs broadband.  However, I’m a firm believer in Net Neutrality for Broadband.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    ITGUYINSD said:
    Since when are state attorneys concerned with giving us consumers the best deal?  Were they all out on vacation when AT&T bought DirecTV?  
    As consolidation get worse, the need to look like you’re doing your job representing the people becomes a bit more pressing... Also, that’s when the people actually start contacting their representatives. The masses of the people aren’t exactly attentive to the details until after the fact. Hindsight and all that... Even when some of us ARE paying attention and can tell everyone else where something is headed, based on lots of evidence, most others won’t listen, especially not the representatives in office who are mostly there to appease corporations.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member

The loss of Net Neutrality surprisingly has only helped consumers. Faster speeds and more infrastructure is being built. Who knew that that one was a total miss call by people. It really hasn't been a problem at all, if anything, it's ended up being better.
    That’s a big claim. You also said it without citing any evidence at all.
    ronn
  • Reply 24 of 24
    People this merger is about one thing and one thing only... Spectrums!  If you dig into this, you will see that TMO has some amazing long range spectrum and Spnt has some amazing short range but building penetration spectrum (Ie. Big cities) [please note that I might have this reversed, but reason applies!]. This merger is efficiently Verizon and ATT nightmare and they have been pushing against it in the background.  Watch what happens in the next few years with 5G and TMO/SPT merger. 
    ronn