Apple debuts $249 AirPods Pro with active noise cancellation

Comments

• Reply 61 of 88
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,417member
    Has anyone mentioned the free engraving if you buy directly from Apple?  I don't remember seeing that for an Apple product since the early iPods.  Nice touch.
    You can do it with iPods still, as well as iPads, AirPods (non-Pro), and Pencil. You were able to do it on iPhones too when they had metal backs, IIRC. 
  • Reply 62 of 88

mattinoz said:
    Am I losing my mind or was this article updated to remove the link the actual, official Apple.com page for this product?  Not super convenient.
    Maybe because the official  webpage should never have been made public.
    Pretty sure the cat’s out of the bag, it’s linked to from the Apple home page:

https://www.apple.com/airpods-pro/
  • Reply 63 of 88
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,093member
    If anything, I'd buy these just to use when riding my motorcycle to drown out wind noise.  That would be a huge thing for me.  I'm looking forward to seeing what these can do.

• Reply 64 of 88
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,877member
    I'm getting so tired of Apple's "hip" product commercials. They feel like Apple is trying too hard to be cool. That video did nothing for me, and just felt like one made by one of their competitors.

Apple, get back to your roots. Don't try too hard to be cool. 
    It's almost as if you don't realize "people dancing while using product" has been part of Apple's music-devices roots for, oh, almost twenty years now. Here's the original iPod ad:

Sounds like the problem is you don't like people dancing, not the ad they produced. 
    edited October 2019 macxpressfastasleeplolliverwelshdog
  • Reply 65 of 88
    ""AirPods are the best-selling headphones in the world. "

Man I wish we had an October event.

I'm getting so tired of Apple's "hip" product commercials. They feel like Apple is trying too hard to be cool. That video did nothing for me, and just felt like one made by one of their competitors.

Apple, get back to your roots. Don't try too hard to be cool. If they truly are "Pro" ear buds, show us that. Show us them being used in professional environments.

I mean "pro" itself after "AirPods" is a stretch. They act like people are gonna use these for sound design, audio recording monitoring and movie production
    No, they don't act like that at all. They act like they're consumer wireless buds. Do you have an ad or marketing copy that says otherwise?

Sounds like you're new to Apple, but "pro" means "premium" in almost all cases. The new MacPro is about the only exception I can think of.
    edited October 2019 lolliver
  • Reply 66 of 88
    Wish they had an option to trade-in Airpods 2 toward the purchase. Anyone sell their their AIrpods and where will you sell it?
  • Reply 67 of 88
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,316member

mattinoz said:
    Am I losing my mind or was this article updated to remove the link the actual, official Apple.com page for this product?  Not super convenient.
    Maybe because the official  webpage should never have been made public.
    Pretty sure the cat’s out of the bag, it’s linked to from the Apple home page:

https://www.apple.com/airpods-pro/

This was now I found out about the Airpods Pro this morning. Can confirm scroll jacking hell indeed.

rattlhed
  • Reply 68 of 88
    Aside from volume control by sliding finger up/down the earbuds. I wish Apple makes them work with my Apple devices simultaneously without having switch my BT from iPhone to Mac and back. Yeah I know I could just pair with my Mac and answer my calls on my phone, but sometimes I pickup my phone to play a video or get an alarm.
    Apple controls the hardware and software and should be able to solve for this quiet easily, they can make it a checkbox for those who want it.
  • Reply 69 of 88
    crowley said:
    Airpods Pro sounds a bit silly.  I imagine most people are going to call them Airpod Pros and it'll sound really forced and weird whenever Apple talk about them.
    Lol, no one is going to call them AirPods Pro. When you talk about multiple MacBook Pros or iPhone Pros, you don't say MacBooks Pro or iPhones Pro.
  • Reply 70 of 88
    just gonna say from an Australian price point $399 for these are a joke. HomePod is $469. 

Yes, but isn’t that true of any imported items from America for Australians?
  • Reply 71 of 88
    It all depends on what's important to you when it comes to earbuds. I have the AirPods and seldom use them as the sound quality for music is horrid. I thought I might use them to run with, but they fall out unless I tiptoe ...
  • Reply 72 of 88
    dougddougd Posts: 292member
    No one will be surprised but YAWN
  • Reply 73 of 88
    mac_dogmac_dog Posts: 1,069member
    Design-wise, they suck. Clearly Jonny I’ve isn’t at the helm. 
  • Reply 74 of 88
    dougd said:
    Shocker!
    StrangeDays
  • Reply 75 of 88

just gonna say from an Australian price point $399 for these are a joke. HomePod is $469. 

Yes, but isn’t that true of any imported items from America for Australians?
    Apple ships them from China to the US and then back to Australia?
  • Reply 76 of 88
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member
    I love my bose QC35s but it looks like these would be a perfect alternative for the gym. Shame you can't get them without the wireless charging case though.
  • Reply 77 of 88
    zhtfreak said:
    Sounds like they still don't have volume control though, which is whay I passed on AirPods several times. 
    They do, with “Hey, Siri.”  I use that to adjust the volume when using my AirPods a lot. Simple. “Hey, Siri, turn the volume down.” “Hey, Siri, set the volume at 33%.”
    lolliver
  • Reply 78 of 88
    But still no replaceable/recyclable batteries, right?
  • Reply 79 of 88
    crowley said:
    Airpods Pro sounds a bit silly.  I imagine most people are going to call them Airpod Pros and it'll sound really forced and weird whenever Apple talk about them.
    Lol, no one is going to call them AirPods Pro. When you talk about multiple MacBook Pros or iPhone Pros, you don't say MacBooks Pro or iPhones Pro.
    Oh no?

https://daringfireball.net/2014/09/the_iphones_6

https://daringfireball.net/2019/09/the_iphone_11_and_iphones_11_pro
  • Reply 80 of 88
    dougd said:
    Dougd doesn’t like it!
    fastasleep