Apple debuts $249 AirPods Pro with active noise cancellation

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 88
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 13,046member

n2itivguy said:
    zhtfreak said:
    Sounds like they still don't have volume control though, which is whay I passed on AirPods several times. 
    They do, with “Hey, Siri.”  I use that to adjust the volume when using my AirPods a lot. Simple. “Hey, Siri, turn the volume down.” “Hey, Siri, set the volume at 33%.”
    Yep. Most often I use my iPhone’s volume rocker, or my Watch crown. Lack of dedicated volume buttons has just never been an issue. 
    edited October 2019
  • Reply 82 of 88
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 13,046member

sunman42 said:
    But still no replaceable/recyclable batteries, right?
    Recyclable thru Apple, can send or bring them in when they’re at EOL. Tho I sold mine as nearly-dead and someone still paid 100 bucks for em.  
  • Reply 83 of 88
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,821member
    This will be my Christmas gift to myself!!! The original AirPods don’t stay in my ears so these are perfect!
    I'm going to tell my wife this is this year's stocking stuffer she can get me along with the Toblerone.
  • Reply 84 of 88
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,821member

Ummm COLORS?!
    Here, try these white ones. White is a color.
    Actually, in RGB (transmitted light)  it is all colors and in CMYK (reflective light) absence of any ink.  ;)
  • Reply 85 of 88
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Has anyone mentioned the free engraving if you buy directly from Apple?  I don't remember seeing that for an Apple product since the early iPods.  Nice touch.

Apple does this for products bought directly from their online store. The old AirPods had the option and I believe iPhones do too.
    I don't think iPhones have ever offered engraving.  They certainly don't right now.

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/engraving-and-gift-wrap
  • Reply 86 of 88
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,829member
    sergioz said:
    So I have question about transparency mode, what does that mean for deaf people? Can outside sound be amplified also to help hear 👂 better? 
    Actually, for the hard of hearing, noise cancellation together with amplified natural speech would be fantastic. Hearing aids often struggle in noisy environments. I'd buy these in a heartbeat at twice the price and more if such facility was offered.
  • Reply 87 of 88
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,829member
    just gonna say from an Australian price point $399 for these are a joke. HomePod is $469. 

Yes, but isn’t that true of any imported items from America for Australians?
    Have a look at the price of Teslas here. Until a few years ago we hosted several vehicle manufacturers with local production here but now they're all gone. Australia runs the risk of becoming a dumping ground for old motoring technology. Interesting though that Apple always includes Australia in the first release of new products - we have class at least in some aspects of tech  :D