Apple releases 13.2 update for HomePods with music handoff, user identification [u]

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,728member
    Dasgeek said:
    One of my two HomePods are bricked. Only solution after 3 hours on phone with Apple is to drive two hours to Tulsa Apple store. Really sucks. Do not reset the HomePod after update. Give it plenting of time after update before asking it to play music.
    Yeah, that’s what they mentioned to me too. There’s a known issue if you remove the HomePod from the Home app or manually reset it. So if you update and Siri isn’t working don’t try to remove or reset it
  • Reply 22 of 26
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,728member
    Ugh just made a Genius Bar appointment for tomorrow night

I couldn’t get an appointment until Friday :(
  • Reply 23 of 26
    Anyone knows how to use the ambient sounds that come with 13.2?

on a side note: I found that adding “play music” in a HomeKit scene requires an Apple Music subscription, even if you would like to access your library in the cloud. 
  • Reply 24 of 26
    jonrojonro Posts: 64member

crowley said:
    jonro said:
    And they still work only with iTunes.
    Sucks that they only work with an app that's been retired.
    Except that's patently false, of course. But hey, who needs truth! 

You can beam any AirPlay audio signal to them as standard AP endpoint. Just like we have done w/ AP speakers for years now. Doh!
    Really? You can select select HomePods configured as a stereo pair as an Airplay device in Sound Output. I can't do it in Mojave. It would be nice if it works in 10.15, but I'm not ready to upgrade to that, yet.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    jonrojonro Posts: 64member

crowley said:
    jonro said:
    And they still work only with iTunes.
    Sucks that they only work with an app that's been retired.
    Except that's patently false, of course. But hey, who needs truth! 

You can beam any AirPlay audio signal to them as standard AP endpoint. Just like we have done w/ AP speakers for years now. Doh!
    Really? You can select select HomePods configured as a stereo pair as an Airplay device in Sound Output. I can't do it in Mojave. It would be nice if it works in 10.15, but I'm not ready to upgrade to that, yet.