16-inch MacBook Pro review: The keyboard is probably enough to convince those waiting

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 62
    DuhSesameDuhSesame Posts: 1,278member
    DuhSesame said:
    DuhSesame said:
    reminders.
    Thx, on the worklist for Thursday.
    Good to know.
    I can't find my calipers, so a super-precise measurement will have to wait. If there is a difference in key dimensions, it will need those to find out, as I can't see one on a millimeter-graduated ruler.
    That should mean it's pretty close, maybe ≥99% in size?

This actually comes from pictures from the website, as I felt the gap across individual keys is different from the Magic to the Butterfly.

I'll use the on-screen ruler app (duh), make sure both keycaps are near 1.8cm (vertical), then measure the gap.

It does appear the 16" Pro has wider gaps, though the picture from the Air is faker.

If that's the case, it could mean Apple only tweaked the distances across to adjust your gestures, makes no change to the size.
    edited December 2019
  • Reply 62 of 62
    i could not wait for Apple to straighten out their keyboard issues so I purchased anther company's laptop this March. I am using an older macbook air to type this post which i finally fixed the keyboard last friday which had a separate issue from 2017. i wish apple and the new macbook happiness and no returns in 2020!